Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Looks like they won't be breaking even on the movie. Sad for the people wanting a sequel.

I can't wait for the Q&A, I love watching softballs being thrown and stuff we already know being repeated.
    Of course it will be. So they can avoid any hard questions.

Like this one for example - When are you going to release content at a faster pace instead of a snails pace? Your team is 2-3 times the size of many other MMO's teams and they seem to release content at a way faster pace. Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Is it just me or does Legion pvp seem like a mess?

6 million on a Tuesday is still high the real test will be how well it does its second weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Of course it will be. So they can avoid any hard questions.

Like this one for example - When are you going to release content at a faster pace instead of a snails pace? Your team is 2-3 times the size of many other MMO's teams and they seem to release content at a way faster pace. Why is that?
    A: We found increasing the size didn't make content quicker it just made more content.
    Q: Where is this content? Legion has one of the lowest sets of dungeons and raids and have the least amount of content for pvp.
    A: Um. We have some exciting stuff planned.

A: We found increasing the size didn't make content quicker it just made more content.
    Q: Where is this content? Legion has one of the lowest sets of dungeons and raids and have the least amount of content for pvp.
    A: Um. We have some exciting stuff planned.
    Pretty much that. Or they will ignore any questions that are a hint of criticism.

Looks like they won't be breaking even on the movie. Sad for the people wanting a sequel.

I can't wait for the Q&A, I love watching softballs being thrown and stuff we already know being repeated.
    "As of June 13, 2016, Warcraft has grossed $26 million in North America and $280.5 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $306.5 million, against a budget of $160 million."

Is this not including marketing or something? Cause that looks like its more than even. IDGI

Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    "As of June 13, 2016, Warcraft has grossed $26 million in North America and $280.5 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $306.5 million, against a budget of $160 million."

Is this not including marketing or something? Cause that looks like its more than even. IDGI
    Marketing and other costs brought the break even total to 500 million so they'll have to pray they make 200 million in dvd sales just to break even.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do they have to break even? blizzard is pursuing something. something MCU-like. imagine movies for all of their franchises.

they made a fantasy movie in general and a warcraft movie specifically for the fans. the viewership is a tough crowd and such a big title for gamers and such a small title for every non-gamer.. you cannot tell me that they estimated 1bn. if they would have gotten 50 million and nothing more, the movie would be a failure and nobody would push for a sequel. but they did something greater and opened the door to much more.

the sequel will probably have more time to develop story rather than the put-it-all-on-one-card approach of this movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marketing and other costs brought the break even total to 500 million so they'll have to pray they make 200 million in dvd sales just to break even.
    You realize movies run for longer than just one week right. Also the movie has yet to come out in a dozen countries.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathToPlebs View Post
    to make gold?
    Nope. The point of having an herbalist/mining is to save time, because you're going to run around to harvest stuff (without flying) and being able to harvest herbs AND mining deposits instead of looking at the mine and telling yourself "I'll come back later with the other character" is an immense time saver.

The BOP Blood decision was made without a clear vision of what was intended, and little anticipation of its consequences, which the team is now trying to untangle.

For instance, it is the first time ever that two professions are interlinked in the same character. Prior to that, any BOP component for a profession was either made by the same profession, or obtained completely outside of professions. If you needed something from another profession, you had the AH because it wasn't bound. "Take whatever professions you like!" seems to be the motto, and they even spent a lot of time at one point trying to make sure you didn't had "mandatory professions" due to perks. Which they later removed. Here, while there are "some other sources", the primary source of BOP components for a crafting profession is a gathering profession. Which makes it almost required for any character to couple a crafting profession with a gathering one.

Now, with all the "fantasy of the class" (or profession) talks from Blizzard, about why "feels right" is important for them, this one does NOT match a fantasy of professions. First of all, it's not required that my leathercrafter has skinning. He can have herbalism for all I care, the only thing he needs from the gathering profession is the BOP Blood. The rest can go straight to my alchemist for the potions. In fact, I can have an alchemist/skinner and a leathercrafter/miner and a smith/herbalist. None of the combinations make sense individually, but the end result perfectly works.

Of course, let's not forget the two professions that don't have an associated gathering: tailoring + enchanting. In fact, since enchanting benefits from getting cheap crafted from tailoring to disenchant, and tailoring uses dusts from enchanter to make advanced cloth, both professions could be said to be each other's gathering, and it's no surprise they are often together on the same character. But you cannot make, say, the disenchanting process drop randomly rare bloods or have tailors make bolts from cloth scraps and randomly proc some blood. Because that would allow said enchanter/tailor to purchase mats at the AH, craft, and make as much Blood as needed at any one point "without spending time in the world harvesting" (which I assume is half the reason why it's so, the other being "cut the RMT Botting for gold from AH"). So that's not a solution. Yet, no gathering profession make sense AT ALL to couple with those two. Exit profession fantasy #2.

I can go on, but the above show clearly that this late decision had too many consequences, and Blizzard is probably going futilely to now try to "fix" the problems they caused in the first place until they come to realize that, if they did not want people to sell Bloods on the AH to keep Obliterum rare (or whatever reason they suddenly discovered this late in the beta), they have a perfectly adequate solution: make the bloods BOA. It's still not a good "fantasy" of crafting, but it's a thousand times better than "oh, and by the way, tailors should pick herbalism for this expansion at least, and they'll probably be able to go back to enchanting in the next expansion which is not going to use that stupid mechanic anyway".

(yup: we're asked to entirely reshuffle our profession setup for this expansion, and it's almost certainly not going to matter at all in the next)
    Last edited by Ukerric; 2016-06-16 at 07:33 PM.

Says who, though? The usual formula for 'break even' is double the production cost, so it's closer to 300m than 500m.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Says who, though? The usual formula for 'break even' is double the production cost, so it's closer to 300m than 500m.
    This website...