Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

PTR dps rotation

Excited to try the new play styles after work today on ptr.
    Anyone have a source for the new frost and UH rotaions/priority?

This is for frost and UH only!! Keep the stupid "what about blood" stuff to yourself or another thread

Thanks
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Unholy priority seems to be something like this:
    Transformation on CD
    Outbreak to keep DoT up
    Festering Strike whenever you have less than 1-2 pustules (not sure on the exact number)
    Spam Scourge Strike to pop pustules
    dump RP with Death coil

I'm not positive on the festering/scourge strike priorities, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Keep the stupid "what about blood" stuff to yourself or another thread
    lol'ed

10 char

Unholy has always been about ressources management. The main goal is to not waste them. So always have 3 runes recharging, try not using FeS when you can overcap Pustule (the cap is 8), and don't overcap RP. Keep in mind popping pustule generates 3 RP. Use these 3 rules and you should be fine.

Now depending on your cooldown or certain AoE situation you can pool your ressource to unload during those.

For Dark arbitrer, pool your RP before using, use it, spam DC, then spam any RP generating CD you have or spam FeS, overcapping is not really a problem, because generating RP as quick as possible and spending it is the main goal during DA.

7+ Year Old Account
    frost what some Alpha videos say, we only hit HB during a Rime proc. need to watch those again but looking for something more current
    Filthy Casual

frost what some Alpha videos say, we only hit HB during a Rime proc. need to watch those again but looking for something more current
    Single target: OB, Rime-> HB, no Rime>OB, Spam FS
    AoE: Same but keep Remorseless Winter up.

That's it basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Single target: OB, Rime-> HB, no Rime>OB, Spam FS
    AoE: Same but keep Remorseless Winter up.

That's it basically.
    You want to use RW even in single target as well, even more so with the artifact gold trait and talent that buffs RW

I was having tons of fun using the Runic Attenuation talent with Icey Talons and Freezing Fog. Essentially you all it is: Rime HB > Oblit, and weave in FS every 5 seconds

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crmarczak View Post
    I was having tons of fun using the Runic Attenuation talent with Icey Talons and Freezing Fog. Essentially you all it is: Rime HB > Oblit, and weave in FS every 5 seconds
    played till server went down just now.

i dont know how I feel about Icy talons.... maybe its the 4 piece tier 18 but KM was just flashing so much I was hitting OB and FScythe then trying to work in glacial advance and remorseless winter. then HB rime procs only. had a full runic bar every time... maybe macro FS into something or glacial since for me its a 12.7 cool down.

was fun to play frost though. seen a few UH guys. all them had the Abom pet out... guessing its a staple
    Filthy Casual

Omg, Unholy is looking really good!!!(Only played frost on Beta)

I'm a ret paladin main and I'm looking at going frost too. Ret feels so clunky again :C frost feels so smooth and awesome and shiny and pretty!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

PTR and prepatch dps will have different priorities and scale differently than Beta Frost dps. From what basic testing I've done you're better off spamming Frostscythe with KM procs as it does more single-target, costs only one rune, and allows for some great chains with T18 4pc. With scaling on PTR I'm noticing I'm running out of runes using OB A LOT with the removal of Blood Tap, and the large scale down of Haste %'s. During Obliteration seems to be the only time I'm purposely using KM on OB on the PTR. I still need to piece together where Frost Strike weaving to maintain the Attack Speed buff sits in our priority for PTR/Prepatch, and if Remorseless Winter is still something that should be used on CD.

For reference I'm testing in 743.3 ilvl gear copied from my full BiS DK on live.
    Last edited by Sevro au Barca; 2016-06-17 at 02:20 PM.

Using the 680 premade Frostscythe was doing dicks for damage. Frost Strike on the other hand was a truck, Runic Attuneation was the better talent for me at least on a stationary dummy with no tier bonuses.

Frostscythe is only useful with a Killing Machine proc. It's does 400% more dmg when it crits, therefore making it not a good ability without KM.

FCs should never be used on ST, because OB will beat it out in the long run because of Rime. There have been lots of times where i end up OB-->HB--OB-->HB--OB-->HB because of Rime weaving in FS between.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntless View Post
    PTR and prepatch dps will have different priorities and scale differently than Beta Frost dps. From what basic testing I've done you're better off spamming Frostscythe with KM procs as it does more single-target, costs only one rune, and allows for some great chains with T18 4pc. With scaling on PTR I'm noticing I'm running out of runes using OB A LOT with the removal of Blood Tap, and the large scale down of Haste %'s. During Obliteration seems to be the only time I'm purposely using KM on OB on the PTR. I still need to piece together where Frost Strike weaving to maintain the Attack Speed buff sits in our priority for PTR/Prepatch, and if Remorseless Winter is still something that should be used on CD.

For reference I'm testing in 743.3 ilvl gear copied from my full BiS DK on live.
    Same boat I'm in. Using my live DK same ilevel as you equipped. I was excited to see icy talons and the melee hits just chopping shit up but KM was lit too much and found myself at 100 runic all the time. Then I thought to use BoS because of this but many said that's mostly a PvP talent.. avalanche did the same damage as frost scythe.

All those guys crying frost is a three button rotation are stupid. More to it now then live... kept forgetting to keep up RW too lol
    Filthy Casual

I was excited to see icy talons and the melee hits just chopping shit up but KM was lit too much and found myself at 100 runic all the time... avalanche did the same damage as frost scythe.

All those guys crying frost is a three button rotation are stupid. More to it now then live... kept forgetting to keep up RW too lol
    I'm seeing similar results and struggling with similar issues. Need to get my WA's up for the new abilities on PTR so I'm not screwing up with ability uptime. I too was finding myself RP capped at different times. The times I am able to dump RP it doesn't return the amount of runes I need it to and I find myself slightly runestarved at points. Avalanche is also doing comparable numbers overall to Frostscythe on a single target for me.

Bear in mind I'm certainly not getting my optimal rotation/priority right now. Need more practice.
    Last edited by Sevro au Barca; 2016-06-17 at 06:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntless View Post
    I'm seeing similar results and struggling with similar issues. Need to get my WA's up for the new abilities on PTR so I'm not screwing up with ability uptime. I too was finding myself RP capped at different times. The times I am able to dump RP it doesn't return the amount of runes I need it to and I find myself slightly runestarved at points. Avalanche is also doing comparable numbers overall to Frostscythe on a single target for me.

Bear in mind I'm certainly not getting my optimal rotation/priority right now. Need more practice.
    OK glad Im not the only one. Have you tried BoS? if so what do you think

I went to Achreus to get out of Org and tried UH. had no fucking clue what I was doing. The extra pet is still bugged and attacks what it like but the damage is good ST. Valk'ir is strong as fuck too. I wound up doing like 65-70k on the boss dummy then switched to frost and tried it again. was barely pulling 40k on same boss dummy. is it tuned to 110? was i seeing good numbers in Org just cause of the AoE? meaing three dummys are close.

server down so gonna try after seeing Warcraft again tonight (go see it its fuckign awesome)
    Filthy Casual

OK glad Im not the only one. Have you tried BoS?
    I tried it for all of about 10 minutes of testing. I can't see it being viable. Blizzard just can't let the ability die. I can't picture a situation where prioritizing maintaining BoS over our normal priority abilities will be anything but a major DPS loss. I haven't even bothered to crunch the numbers and it's pretty clear Obliteration would net more DPS overall that BoS not to mention being on a lower CD.

BoS is only effective on live because of VoCS, Legendary ring lining up with it, and Multistrike's power. I don't see it ever being a priority like it's been for Unholy this tier.
    Last edited by Sevro au Barca; 2016-06-17 at 11:06 PM. Reason: More context

Glacial Advance is probably the way to go for the time being. Frostscythe is fun but seems bad relative to Obliterate + Rime procs. Maybe that's the 4pc T18. Man, they really nerfed the HFC trinkets...I changed over to using Unending Hunger as the crit is very much needed. I'm going to have to dig around in my gear to make a better set for the patch.

Things will change a lot once we get the artifacts.