Deleted

any news about ZEN cpu

all ive heard is that it was annouced at E3, is there any mre info on this CPU like tech specs etc, please lets discuss this

Hard to say, its release in 2017 is still far away. I think they release the server version this year though. Expectations are high and I hope it does well as a stockholder and also to stop Intel from milking customers.

40% IPC gain over their previous gen, it's working and on track, they've sent samples out and are working on validating the chip.. So basically we know nothing new about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    Hard to say, its release in 2017 is still far away. I think they release the server version this year though. Expectations are high and I hope it does well as a stockholder and also to stop Intel from milking customers.
    2016 for the 8 and 6 core consumer CPUs.

Deleted
    so what are they promising with ZEN, how many cores? whats its nm? how much will it be? and how much will motherboards be to support it?

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    all ive heard is that it was annouced at E3, is there any mre info on this CPU like tech specs etc, please lets discuss this
    dude just chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    so what are they promising with ZEN, how many cores? whats its nm? how much will it be? and how much will motherboards be to support it?
    8C/16T 40% IPC increase over Excavator built on 14nm Samsung's LPP manufacturing process, same as the Exynos 8890 or Polaris.

SMT like Intel's and north-bridge on die. No iGPU.

Deleted
    so will it be worth getting? currently i have an FX-6300 and im guessing the ZEN will be am3+ or will it be a new socket

10+ Year Old Account
    Zen is AM4 socket. And yeah, it's 8C/16T as the base iirc. Worth getting is really entirely up in the air as we have no idea what the performance really is cause it's not out. It also entirely depends on the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    so will it be worth getting? currently i have an FX-6300 and im guessing the ZEN will be am3+ or will it be a new socket
    Zen will be AM4 with DDR4, not compatible with AM3/+.

You already have an FX6300, so really it comes down to; feel like upgrading, are you playing anything that is crushing your current cpu, do you buy cpus in the hypothetical Zen price range?