Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    So many stupid people these days. Has anyone here ever read what permissions you grant apps on your phone? Access to photos... eh? Access to contact numbers.... wait why? Access to sms... hold on a second. Access to Camera.... now wait just a damn minute. Access to GPS.... wtf has this gotta do with an app for solitaire?

Never trust something for free.
    Don't trust that air you breathe, either! Because Illuminati!

I still don't understand how people play modern PC games, but don't have smartphones in this day and age.
    Last edited by Soulfròst; 2016-06-16 at 05:46 PM.

So many stupid people these days. Has anyone here ever read what permissions you grant apps on your phone? Access to photos... eh? Access to contact numbers.... wait why? Access to sms... hold on a second. Access to Camera.... now wait just a damn minute. Access to GPS.... wtf has this gotta do with an app for solitaire?

Mmm yes I'm sure Blizzard care about your photos and videos. Paranoia is hilarious.

Hmm, on second thought, I'm unsure if LG phone allows for the program...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    my lil authenticator(the hardware one) is already like 7-8 years old and still working fine, hope it lasts abit cause i dont have or plan to have a smartphone, no need.
    Some reason that sounds unbelievable to me....

Anyone who plays Blizzard games and has a smart phone has no excuse for not using an authenticator on their account. That's my opinion on the subject. I had my account hacked and I never want to go through it again, and having an app that can act as my authenticator is very handy. I love this new update!

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    They do last really long. I bought one when Cata came out and it's still working today believe it or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    About time!

No more having to call the Girlfriend to read off numbers when i forget my Cell phone when i go LAN with friends
    Wouldn't you still have to call her? There seems to be another issue here. Why are you forgetting your phone when you go out?

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Anyone who plays Blizzard games and has a smart phone has no excuse for not using an authenticator on their account. That's my opinion on the subject. I had my account hacked and I never want to go through it again, and having an app that can act as my authenticator is very handy. I love this new update!
    I second this. My account got hijacked by goldsellers back in the beginning of Wrath because of one miss-click on the old forums. Purchased an Authenticator after that. Don't wait for something bad to happen, prevent it!

/facepalm
    Giving permissions doesn't mean they can turn on your gps or read your sms or take pictures of you... It gives the app the ability to use those functions within your phone within the app. By this logic, you shouldn't use the phone app because it grants permission to the microphone. Spooky stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got my authenticator in 2008 and didn't give it up until last year (I even washed and dried the thing twice because I left it in a pocket). I saw the mobile app on my husband's phone and thought "Aaaaahhhh... too many numbers to type in!". I did eventually switch though because a) I was really worried that my authenticator would die at the worst moment, and b) it helped that I didn't have to type in that long number every single time I wanted to log in. One button though, once a week? Yes please.

Oh this is great!

Deleted
    My authenticator is still working fine, and I got it when it was released in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Account security is very important unless it's a top mythic guild then lulz.
    Any context to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroxar View Post
    Nah, they will never support it. No Armory app and this new Auth will never come to windows phone. That why i will never buy on again. I realy like windows phones for their style and so on. But not having most of the usefull apps is sooo annoying
    I don't really use many apps, there hasn't been anything I really wanted that hasn't been catered for. Had the armory on my Android phone but rarely used it.

I prefer my Lumia to my previous Android phones. Just got annoyed with the bloatware I coudn't delete without rooting the OS. I've heard things are a bit better now, and I guess I'll have to go Android when I get my next phone anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They do last really long. I bought one when Cata came out and it's still working today believe it or not.
    I wasn't refering to the authenticator it's just that it's not every day you hear "i do not have/want a smart phone" i have the physical one too but i got sick of not having it when I wanted to log on to the forums/game at work or a friends house so I downloaded the mobile app.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Wouldn't you still have to call her? There seems to be another issue here. Why are you forgetting your phone when you go out?
    True, but have you ever tried to login with an authenticator through phone or instant messaging? Now i can just log on on to facebook and message her to hit accept on my phone. Also i have a bad habbit of leaving my phone lying around or in my workbag and even some times in my car. #1stworldproblems
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-06-16 at 06:10 PM.

How is it difficult to type in 8 numbers? Look at first 4, type in, look at second 4, type in if you can't temporarily memorize all 8.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    Hopefully it'll come to Windows phones too, seems doubtful now though :/
    Windows phone is dead. Even Microsoft is stepping down with it.

Sounds cool more options is always good.

Deleted

Android 6 asks for permissions when you run app and you can refuse any of them. Either root or upgrade your phone. But yeah overall permissions asked by apps are outrageous sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by borek21 View Post
    Not here in Europe.
    It is. I have it.

Looks nice but ugh, having to use a smartphone that dies easily, needs internet and have to find it just to log in. Still going to be using the physical authenticator

Not everyone has ADD and feeling the need to constantly check every beep a phone makes. Smartphones also have shit battery