Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    You didn't have proper animations in that form, which is the reason they said they aren't doing it.

Did you even pay attention?
    I find it very hard to believe they can't make you swap animations based on appearance. After all there is code in place to swap animations when you change weapons, and all races have every animation ready to be used.

Deleted
    there is literally 0 reason not to alllow fist weps for monks to mogged into other 1h weps..

10+ Year Old Account
    • Legendary items are capturing the spirit of world drops from early in World of Warcraft. There is some bad luck protection to ensure that no one is super unlucky. Eventually you will get one.
    They underestimate how unlucky I am

Apparently people are too stupid to navigate the UI options menu, so Blizzard are going to take away the front-end way of altering some options, forcing those of us who know what we're looking for or simply like to tinker with options to either try and find addons that let us change those settings or dig through the depths of the Internet for details on what the variable we're looking for is and what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Can't mythic raid gear currently be Warforged? So I'd assume this'd be the same in Legion.
    He said normal mode can drop mythic. That is 3 tier-level above normal. So can the same happen to mythic? So rare drops of items that are WAY higher itemlevel than mythic drops? That there always is warforged is not the question.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

@chaud - the poll options aren't quite right.
    I have beta and I have been on the PTR to try the appearances collection with a greater quantity of items, as the beta is lacking a character copy option.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    They underestimate how unlucky I am
    Unless there is a mechanic that guarantees a legendary after x amount of time played, mobs killed etc there is always gonna be someone who never gets it. The power of RNG..

Its such a huge relief to hear that they understand that expansions should be longer then a year!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    He said normal mode can drop mythic. That is 3 tier-level above normal. So can the same happen to mythic? So rare drops of items that are WAY higher itemlevel than mythic drops? That there always is warforged is not the question.
    It's highly doubtful that there will be a "tier" higher than mythic.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    "Some animations only exist for certain weapon types, so if you transmogged a dagger into a mace, your character would be trying to stab people with a mace."

Calling bullshit on this, I'm certain my druid can't use 2H axes but shifting into Gamon is no problem at all. It's not like you're all of a sudden equipping a 2H axe even though you are using the appearance.
    The key is that the animations are for the model, they aren't based on the weapon really. So when you flip into Gamon, you're seeing Gamon's animations, not the axe's.

So what they would have to do is create new animations for each class for all possible weapon types and then have which attack animation is used be based on the weapon equipped/xmog'd and which attack is being used in order to prevent stabbing with a mace type "issues".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    "Some animations only exist for certain weapon types, so if you transmogged a dagger into a mace, your character would be trying to stab people with a mace."

Calling bullshit on this, I'm certain my druid can't use 2H axes but shifting into Gamon is no problem at all. It's not like you're all of a sudden equipping a 2H axe even though you are using the appearance.
    That's not the same thing...when you transform your druid into Gamon the only animation thats being displayed is the autoattack animation from a 2h weapon on a tauren...

10+ Year Old Account
    Loot that is guaranteed (rep grinds or gear purchased with currency from vendors) doesn't have surprise or excitement
    Yes it does you fucking morons. In fact deterministic characther progression is exactly what excites people and it's why they come back every expansion TO LEVEL. Which is just filling a guaranteed fucking bar like rep and similar enough to currency acquisition. How fucking out of touch can you be..

Having a gathering profession to support your crafting profession is how things should be.
    FUCK YOU Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    This.

I can still vividly remember the 1st time I got Kurenei exalted during BC. Literally busted out my phone and recorded myself buying my Talbuk
    Same for me when i at last got that Dark War Talbuk in the end of TBC. I really did work towards it, grinding ogres for dust (or whatever it was) and killing lowbies for those marks.

I know i'm a pessimist, but i don't really find it "exciting" to get either nothing or just some useless crap from random sources. I prefer working towards the prize, not never getting it because of RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    So nothing new was said with the dev Q & A. There were so many good questions on the EU thread which just went completely ignored in favor of irrelevant known stuff just to fill up the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    So nothing new was said with the dev Q & A. There were so many good questions on the EU thread which just went completely ignored in favor of irrelevant known stuff just to fill up the time.
    So, perfectly normal Q&A then? I can't remember when they actually answered "hard" questions.

another island scrapped what a surprise

I liked the Q&A except for the part where Ion dodged the question about Titanforged in mythic raids. They've talked a lot about the philosophy behind Titanforged, but they haven't really talked in depth about the mechanics of it. This is one of the biggest changes to the game and I think we deserve to know how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Apparently people are too stupid to navigate the UI options menu, so Blizzard are going to take away the front-end way of altering some options, forcing those of us who know what we're looking for or simply like to tinker with options to either try and find addons that let us change those settings or dig through the depths of the Internet for details on what the variable we're looking for is and what it does.
    Ha! That's exactly what I thought when I heard that reply. He basically said; "We removed options to make it simpler because having those options is too confusing for our poor ickle players. But it's okay! If you still want to change those options that are no longer visible, you can use the much easier and simpler method of looking up console commands, using macros and downloading addons! No problem!"

Thanks Ion! *thumbs up*
    Last edited by Esinar; 2016-06-16 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    "Thal'dranath is not going to be part of Legion. It was another ancient elven ruined island. There are already lots of places like that in The Broken Isles, patches will have different cooler content. They had a better idea."

Farahlon, says hi!

But on a more serious note.. Looking forward to what the expansion is shaping up. Just hoping the no "content droughts" live up to become reality.