Voters
43. This poll is closed
  • Rogue

12 27.91%
  • Pally

2 4.65%
  • Drink bleach scrub

29 67.44%

Legion main: Assassination rogue or Retaliation paladin?

I'm having a tought time deciding between these two specs. Plan to do mythic raiding.

Rogues:

LIKE: They have a nice "ninja feel", a low apm (I really hate spammy speccs) and good single target damage. They usually do amazing damage and have insane survivability in raids. Also it feels really easy and fluid to play which is a plus.

DISLIKE: Assassination might suck balls in raiding and that is my primary focus. Abilities don't hit hard instantly, they are dots.

Paladins:

LIKE: They hit really really hard on some of the abilities- I like seeing huge numbers. They look amazing in transmogs even though I'm not into the "warrior of light" theme much. They are probably better when you're questing alone and run into a rare/elite mob.

DISLIKE: Retribution might do low-end DPS as it's a hybrid and then I would feel kinda bad since I like being able to top the meters. Not sure how viable it is gonna be if I wanna PvP for fun from time to time. Low end mobility and not as much raid durability while maintaining DPS as rogue. Might be asked to tank/heal.

Any comment you add to this could help me decide so please don't hesitate
    ----------------------------------------------------

Guy1:"Why don't you play sub/outlaw"?
    Me: "I just don't like the spammy playstyle of sub much, or the randomness and weird half-range thing that outlaw has going on.

Gu2:"Go rogue for stabby stabby, paladin for Hulk smash"
    Me:"..."
    Last edited by stevan021; 2016-06-16 at 06:18 PM.

Useless information: it's Retribution Paladin.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

glad there's the third option for this poll

have basically always been a rogue for about 5 or 6 years now, I lose track at this point. Rogues will always be viable for some reason or another, even back in BrF when they were undertuned compared to their normal over the topness they still found ways to be useful or do great damage. Also assassin should have a fairly good 10-15 second burst window in fights next tier, which is what they tend to last for in progression situations, But the jury is still out on what is gonna top since blizzard can and will do erratic things regarding tuning, sometimes for seemingly no reason at all.

TLDR: Pick rogue and enjoy that bleach mojito

Poll results make me sad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badgersmashr View Post
    TLDR: Pick rogue and enjoy that bleach mojito
    LOL going rogue yeah . Also the score was 12 people for rogue and 2 for paladin (had this in the paladin section too).

Well legion feels like an expansion where you play your class, not just your spec. If you dont like outlaw/sub, how do you feel about prot/holy? With the weapon maxed you will have spammy moments in sin too, you have lower vendetta cd, it refills your energy and you deal huge damage to the target when you use it after you max it.

That said the class order perks are better imo for rouge, with the ability to get extra items/gold from every mission and resources for clearing world quest.
    Last edited by Felancelan; 2016-06-24 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go paladin because I'm planning on going rogue and the less rogues there are, the more of a snowflake I feel.

Jokes aside what makes you think dot specs suck in raiding? That's nonsense. On short-life adds they're awful but almost every boss provides ramp-up time. A ramped-up dot spec is strong, and very strong on 2-3 add cleave. Single target, Assassi and feral are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Go paladin because I'm planning on going rogue and the less rogues there are, the more of a snowflake I feel.

Jokes aside what makes you think dot specs suck in raiding? That's nonsense. On short-life adds they're awful but almost every boss provides ramp-up time. A ramped-up dot spec is strong, and very strong on 2-3 add cleave. Single target, Assassi and feral are fantastic.
    Not to mention talents like Exsanguinate patch up some of those add problems, to an extent, with a little pooling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Jokes aside what makes you think dot specs suck in raiding?
    Oh I meant those two to be separate points. I've noticed assassinate is rarely used in high-end raiding (atm) and on a non-related note I prefer the "BOOM" feel of doing damage instantly to dots. Though when dots do incredible single target I prefer that

Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    Oh I meant those two to be separate points. I've noticed assassinate is rarely used in high-end raiding (atm) and on a non-related note I prefer the "BOOM" feel of doing damage instantly to dots. Though when dots do incredible single target I prefer that
    The new sin is better for aoe, you get alot of steady energy generation and there is a burst talent to make all your bleeds to bleed out at 5x faster (0.4 instead of 2 seconds). All 3 specs are better in aoe weakest is probaly outlaw with the blade fury nerd and no poisons (it's 35% damage, only loss 10-20% energy regain though).

Quote Originally Posted by Felancelan View Post
    The new sin is better for aoe, you get alot of steady energy generation and there is a burst talent to make all your bleeds to bleed out at 5x faster (0.4 instead of 2 seconds).
    Exsanguinate works on one single target. It does not work in an AoE situation.