Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Fall 2016 Gaming Calendar

OpenCritic just made a fantastic calendar for the upcoming gaming season: http://opencritic.com/calendar

I love how they include events like BlizzCon on there, too.

Helps me plan which days to take off work :-P

What's going to be your hardest week?

Only three games on that calendar are high on my priority list but, damn are they going to cut into my free time. Civ alone can suck away weeks upon weeks of my life. Hopefully I can get it out of my system before Pokemon Sun&Moon launch.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Deleted
    Oh yeah MADDEN NFL 17 That's like the biggest release of the decade.

Shit calendar, shit everything. No Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    No Legion.
    lol i just realized that too!

He is missing ton's of games... my list for 2016 and 2017 (still growing)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing - but keep in mind that I mark "great games" by my own opinion :P
    I am seriusly consideing making a better calendar website than OpenCritic :P
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-17 at 06:02 AM.

Legions there for me. I love the idea and layout but it's lacking games atm.

Final Fantasy XV is the next big game I'm looking forward to. I was lucky enough to be able to pre-order the collector's edition too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Legions there for me. I love the idea and layout but it's lacking games atm.
    What games are missing?

No mans sky is my most anticipated game of the year. I'm just excited to try it even if it's not something I play for 100s of hours.

Forza Horizon 3 is the one game I know for sure that I'll dump a bunch of hours into. I know this one won't disappoint.

I'm also gonna pick up Deus Ex. I beat the last game twice, so I have to play the new one.

There's a bunch of other games I'm interested in, but they aren't definite buys yet. Games like Recore, Gears of War, The Last Guardian, Titanfall 2, CoD Infinite Warfare, Dishonored 2, Watchdogs 2, Mafia 3, and Destiny DLC, and maaaybe Final Fantasy.

I can't believe I have CoD on that list, but what they showed at E3 looked pretty damn cool.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2016-06-17 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily the week of November 11th though November 18th. Super excited for Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2 looks interesting so if the reviews are good, I'm definitely getting it, and then of course there's Pokemon Sun and Moon which I will be dropping everything for.

October is going to suck....

FFXV in late Sept
    Retro game convention start of Oct
    Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest convention (not listed on calendar)
    World of Final Fantasy (also not listed on calendar)
    The Last Guardian
    Playstation VR (still on the fence on this)

All in the same month. >_<#

Deleted
    Preordered Forza Horizon 3. Horizon 2 was for me the biggest (positive) surprise on Xbone. So far, spent more than 30 hours on it and enjoyed every one of them. Also quite interested in Deus Ex and Final Fantasy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Caved finally for Forza Horizon 3, especially with the cross play for pc

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Only three games on that calendar are high on my priority list but, damn are they going to cut into my free time. Civ alone can suck away weeks upon weeks of my life. Hopefully I can get it out of my system before Pokemon Sun&Moon launch.
    then again, how many new release games an average gamer buy. 3 games in 4 month is a good average. Far more than i was buying when i was kid.

theres alot of games missing from that calendar.

- - - Updated - - -

For me this year I'm getting NBA 2k17, FFXV, Gravity Rush 2, Mafia 3, Watch Dogs 2, South Park, Last Guardian. Then Horizon, God of War, Nier:Automata, Days Gone, Detroit and probably more i just cant think of them all in 2017. And those are just my DEFINITE games. Theres still quite a few that are on my "possibly" list.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    South Park: Fractured but Whole and I Am Setsuna are the only games I'm super hyped for.

Still on the fence about Legion, although I've pretty much decided to go for it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    theres alot of games missing from that calendar.

- - - Updated - - -

For me this year I'm getting NBA 2k17, FFXV, Gravity Rush 2, Mafia 3, Watch Dogs 2, South Park, Last Guardian. Then Horizon, God of War, Nier:Automata, Days Gone, Detroit and probably more i just cant think of them all in 2017. And those are just my DEFINITE games. Theres still quite a few that are on my "possibly" list.

Which games are missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    Which games are missing?
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-schedule.aspx

you can scroll down to the fall lineup for a more complete list. I take it opencritic just showed the more hyped games or their opinion of the "best" games to come.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

XCOM 2 up there got me thinking something was on the horizon - just the console edition. That said, if someone doesn't already own XCOM 2 on PC and can't play it because their PC isn't up-to-standard, it's really a great game especially once you've got all the DLC content for it. I hardly play with mods at all so it's not really like the first game where you needed the mods to really get the full experience.

Anywho, Deus Ex is basically at the top of my list at this point. Probably going to pass on Legion with their stupid, stupid, fucking stupid tanking changes. Fuck you Blizzard - your expansion looks great and yet you foul it up by ruining tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    XCOM 2 up there got me thinking something was on the horizon - just the console edition. That said, if someone doesn't already own XCOM 2 on PC and can't play it because their PC isn't up-to-standard, it's really a great game especially once you've got all the DLC content for it. I hardly play with mods at all so it's not really like the first game where you needed the mods to really get the full experience.

Anywho, Deus Ex is basically at the top of my list at this point. Probably going to pass on Legion with their stupid, stupid, fucking stupid tanking changes. Fuck you Blizzard - your expansion looks great and yet you foul it up by ruining tanking.
    what tanking changes? played wow since BC, quit early during WoD, Legion not really giving me that "come back" feel so i havent been keeping up with blue posts.