10+ Year Old Account

Easy healthy recipes for high protein? Share!

Too many serious threads on OT lately. For the more /fit/ people here what meals do you make which are high protein and healthy? My mind has gone pretty blank on thinking up new things and I am pretty much over what I have made for the last 6 years.

I'll share a few that I like which are pretty easy to do. I recommend these also for people here who wish to lose some weight for whatever reason.

My protein pancakes...

Mash a banana up, preferably very ripe.
    Add 4 egg whites, mix it up
    Add a heaped scoop of whatever flavor of protein powder and mix in
    Add a splash of almond or cashew milk for consistency
    Pan fry to your liking.

My Yogurt mix
    Get a tub of horrible tasting 0% fat greek yogurt
    Make up a packet of sugar free jello
    Add 1 cup of yogurt and 1 cup of jello to yo blender and mix
    Refrigerate for a while and nom away. Very filling with no fat, very little sugar but good protein.

My chicken breast pizzas

Get a chicken breast and flatten the shit out of it
    Pan fry your chicken breast while you have the oven on pre heating
    Take yo chicken breast, pour olive oil on top, add salt reduced pizza sauce, some mozzarella, onion, pepperoni, ham, olives and capsicum (peppers) to your liking.
    Put it in the oven for 10mins

Just a few things I like to do. Do other people make stuff like this here or am I the only one? Share yo recipes!
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    get on your knees and open wide

what? you said easy

What kind of diet are you going for? High protein, low fat, low carb? You're fighting against your efforts with low carbs by focusing on high protein because excessive protein is converted to glycogen by a processes known as gluconeogenesis.

Up that fat intake, lower the protein, and go keto. That being said, I'd recommend sage and bacon meatballs with homemade alfredo sauce: heavy cream, butter, garlic, parsley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    What kind of diet are you going for? High protein, low fat, low carb? You're fighting against your efforts with low carbs by focusing on high protein because excessive protein is converted to glycogen by a processes known as gluconeogenesis.

Up that fat intake, lower the protein, and go keto. That being said, I'd recommend sage and bacon meatballs with homemade alfredo sauce: heavy cream, butter, garlic, parsley.
    Oh I have been doing this most my adult life which is 16 years now. I strength train 4 times a week so I am always using it. I throw in some high carb meals here and there like home made chicken burgers, pastas and the tried and true chicken with rice and broccoli. Just wondering what other people make here that is similar so I can try them out because I am out of ideas. I prefer simpler the better because I am a rotating shift worker so I have never been able to stick to routines for meal times.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Shaved brussel sprout salad or slaw is also amazing, come to find out. Not a lot of protein on its own but you can doctor it up with whatever you like: chicken, bacon, etc.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2016-06-17 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Shaved brussel sprout salad or slaw is also amazing, come to find out. Not a lot of protein on its own but you can doctor it up with whatever you like: chicken, bacon, etc.
    I'll give that a go, so normal healthy coleslaw but with shaved brussel sprouts instead of cabbage yeah? Would be nice with some pork or chicken