Legion WW ridiculously easy?

I had tried WW both during MoP and WoD and it seemed a bit complicated, too many buttons..too much micro-management. I tried one out for Legion on the PTR and it appears.....it like 4 buttons, you smash everything to pieces and the aoe is ridiculous. Not that I think it didn't need a little watering-down but holy crap, it's like the frost mage of melee now.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    I had tried WW both during MoP and WoD and it seemed a bit complicated, too many buttons..too much micro-management. I tried one out for Legion on the PTR and it appears.....it like 4 buttons, you smash everything to pieces and the aoe is ridiculous. Not that I think it didn't need a little watering-down but holy crap, it's like the frost mage of melee now.
    If you're only pressing 4 buttons then you're missing something. Legion WW has more rotational buttons than WoD, but less buttons overall.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Baseline:

Blackout Kick
    Fists of Fury
    Rising Sun Kick
    Tiger Palm
    Spinning Crane Kick (AOE only)

Talents:

Chi Burst/Chi Wave
    Whirling Dragon Punch

Which means you'll possess 5-7 abilities that you'd use in your general rotation, depending on what you want to take.

You have a one baseline ability that I wouldn't really count as 'rotation', Touch of Death. You can also choose Energizing Brew, Xuen, and/or Serenity for longer, bigger cooldowns.

Making a grand total of 6 buttons if you've taken all passive talents or 10 if you've taken the activated.

Toss in a lvl 75 defensive, Touch of Karma, Flying Serpent Kick, and Transcends, and you'll almost have a full action bar!

This puts you on par with the simplicity of every other melee spec right now. It seems their emphasis is less about worrying about rotation and more about where you're standing, what you're hitting, and what you're doing mid-encounter.

@stross01, also their artifact adds another rotational ability in there. Strike of the Windlord I think.

Deleted
    Besides the artifact ability that rilas mentioned you're also missing rushing jade wind, which can even be used in a single target rotation.

I suppose I don't view it as being simplistic because there's now more forethought that has to go into what your doing in a fight now. You've got to think ahead and partially plan your moves out so you are able to use your hard hitters on CD, not cap energy, waste chi, and do so without using two of the same ability twice in a row. Like the other dps spec's I've played there is a choice in how complex the spec can be based on your talent choices.
    "Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable, we have to face them. It's what being human is all about. "
    -Jet Black, "Cowboy Bebop"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockheartx View Post
    I suppose I don't view it as being simplistic because there's now more forethought that has to go into what your doing in a fight now. You've got to think ahead and partially plan your moves out so you are able to use your hard hitters on CD, not cap energy, waste chi, and do so without using two of the same ability twice in a row. Like the other dps spec's I've played there is a choice in how complex the spec can be based on your talent choices.
    I agree with this. Playing in PTR I have had to be more careful with which skills I use in succession to avail of the mastery and the Hit Combo talent to get maximum sustained DPS. To me it's not simple. It's more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    I agree with this. Playing in PTR I have had to be more careful with which skills I use in succession to avail of the mastery and the Hit Combo talent to get maximum sustained DPS. To me it's not simple. It's more challenging.
    How is it more challenging? the only way you can mess it up is if you tiger palm/blackout kick twice in a row, everything else has a CD and even then losing your mastery for 1 TP/BoK doesnt matter much unless you're specced into hit combo

Welcome to Legion, this happened to most every class.

Deleted
    i rerolled to monk start of mop and just tried it on ptr. like it way more now, hated the damn tigereye brew

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokasa View Post
    How is it more challenging? the only way you can mess it up is if you tiger palm/blackout kick twice in a row, everything else has a CD and even then losing your mastery for 1 TP/BoK doesnt matter much unless you're specced into hit combo
    If you noticed I did mention Hit Combo.