Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Captain America comic (Spoilers)

Okay, so I finally saw the latest Captain America movie, loved it, then checked out its article on TV Tropes, where they mentioned a rather disturbing bit of information.

Now, I may be late to the party here, but come on, I was trying to avoid spoilers at the time.

Apparently, on the comics, Captain America has been revealed to be a HYDRA agent all along. And here I'm going through seven different types of WTF?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/25...alflow_twitter

Can a comic-reader tell me the context of this clusterfuck of a reveal? Also, when exactly was this comic issue released? and have they expanded more on this? is this permanent? I mean WHAT THE FUCK MAN!?!??!! this is fucking Captain America, and they're gonna make him a nazi? Is nothing sacred anymore?

So... can someone who has read the comics give me some context here?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I heard that too, most likely he'll turn out to be a double agent pretending to work for Hydra or something.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a ploy to drum up lagging comic book sales. He'll either be mind controlled or somehow otherwise manipulated in the end and was never actually a Hydra agent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel Comics has been messing up a lot lately. They almost seem to be attempting to sabotage their own IPs in an attempt to be different from the Marvel Studios material. The turned Falcon into liberal idiot recently, for example. Now they've got Steve Rogers saying "Hail Hydra." Why would anyone who likes the movies want to read a Marvel comic when they do asinine shit like this? They should be following Marvel Studios' lead.

It's basically a wtf moment, I love the memes its generated though:

http://imgur.com/gallery/EgtSn

Captain America has been working to destroy Hydra all along. That would pretty much make him the worst double agent of all time, or at the very least a very dumb plot.

15+ Year Old Account

People still buy comic books?

Deleted
    Please understand how Marvel works and has worked for decades now; they don't have a unified "plan" as to how to do things. They hire dumb shit assholes who ruin plot lines, and then those plot lines get overridden and rewritten as some kind of "pocket universes" and dreams and whatnot.

That's what they've been doing for decades now.

Earth-616 has formed as the "main comic storyline", and I have a hard time believing that they'll take Cap 616 and make him a bad guy permanently. I'm convinced that if that happens, this asinine storyline gets retconned at some point, as they've done a million times now.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Captain America has been working to destroy Hydra all along. That would pretty much make him the worst double agent of all time, or at the very least a very dumb plot.
    It almost kinda makes sense though. Cut off one head, two more grow back. So to make Hydra stronger you have to fuck it up super hard first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Nothing is sacred anymore. I mean what's next? Have Batman eat and cannibalize alfred? How about a Dragon ball reboot where Goku rapes bulma? Why don't we finish off with a new Superman film where he becomes the next Grand Wizard of the KKK? They may as well make Luke Skywalker be a sith agent all along on Episode 8. Sweet jesus :S

Holy fucking shit. You know, I'm glad my grandpa is dead now. I miss him dearly, but he was an even bigger fanboy of Captain America than I am, and it would have broken his heart to see his beloved icon defiled in such a sacrilegious way. He must be cursing down at those motherfuckers from the afterlife.
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-06-17 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    It almost kinda makes sense though. Cut off one head, two more grow back. So to make Hydra stronger you have to fuck it up super hard first.
    So he could basically come out as a Hydra spy and the good guys would be cool with it because they're both working towards the same goal. That's just silly.

And I'm pretty sure Marvel comics are doing the whole 'upset the masses for free publicity' thing. Remember all the outrage people had when they turned Spider Man black? How about when they made a Thor comic with him as a women instead? Meaning they know how stupid these new ideas sound, they are just doing it for the free press like this thread. It must be working.

Sigh, Firstly, this thread is in the wrong section of the form. Everything concerning entertainment media- books, movies, television and music belongs in the Movies/Book/TV/ETC thread. Only Video games have their own sub-forums as entertainment. Also, no. I can not move your thread.

Secondly, this is just a plot twist in the current Captain America run. At one point in history, Cap was a werewolf. He was Nomad. He was dead, and than came back from the dead. Then Steve Rogers got too old. There have also been many different Captain Americas besides Steve Rogers- Bucky, Sam Wilson, John Walker, etc.

The point being the current running plot of Captain America involves Steve Roger's family being contacted by Hydra early in Steve's childhood. Nothing more has been revealed because the mystery and plot is still unfolding.

Thirdly, comics often do very dramatic things because their fiction is often 'rebooted' or 'retconned'.

Lastly, Hydra stopped being just Nazis like a long time ago.

Pretty hilarious plot twist if you ask me. How high were Hydra when they came up with the idea to let someone foil there plans for god know how long? Is Cap moving out of frustration?

Captain America: "Guys you recruited me as a child, I spent a life time foiling you and I was waiting, desperately waiting for you guys to activate me but it never came. Like seriously guys the actual fuck? We could of conquered the planet like infinity times if you remembered I was a double agent, how fucking retarded are guys!? Well I'm back and I'm young again and this time we are conquering this god damned planet for realzies O fucking K!?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's dumb. I refuse to accept it. :-P
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I think it's dumb. I refuse to accept it. :-P
    I'd like to see the first person to honestly in a non-sarcastic way think this is even remotely a good idea, for either the character, or the comic.

There are some things in life you don't just fuck with, Captain America is one of them. Come on, FUCKING JOKER refused to work with Red Skull the moment he learned that he was an actual Nazi. And he's THE JOKER, the living incarnation of evil, and even for him, HYDRA was a no-no. And now they're telling me, that frigging CAPTAIN AMERICA, was one of them all along? they can fuck right off.

This gets even worse the more you think about it, because both in comics and movies, EVEN ACTUAL NAZIS thought HYDRA was too evil.

Yeah, Even the evilest group on earth, the Nazis, thought Red Skull was batshit crazy and a total monster. And now they're trying to sell the idea that Captain America was pals with Red Skull and his buddies all along? What the fuck is this bullshit?
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-06-17 at 04:33 AM.

To me the main problem is that of all the times to turn, why now? Hydra could have achieved all their goals earlier and from reading the comic, he turns for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    To me the main problem is that of all the times to turn, why now? Hydra could have achieved all their goals earlier and from reading the comic, he turns for no reason at all.
    To sell comic books. Just like every other gimmick in the history of comics.

Bullshit gimmick. They only do controversial crap for the sake of sales. (Been that way for the past decade really)
    Cap is riding high when it comes to popularity so they're making up idiocy for the sake of sales.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sigh, Firstly, this thread is in the wrong section of the form. Everything concerning entertainment media- books, movies, television and music belongs in the Movies/Book/TV/ETC thread. Only Video games have their own sub-forums as entertainment. Also, no. I can not move your thread.

Secondly, this is just a plot twist in the current Captain America run. At one point in history, Cap was a werewolf. He was Nomad. He was dead, and than came back from the dead. Then Steve Rogers got too old. There have also been many different Captain Americas besides Steve Rogers- Bucky, Sam Wilson, John Walker, etc.

The point being the current running plot of Captain America involves Steve Roger's family being contacted by Hydra early in Steve's childhood. Nothing more has been revealed because the mystery and plot is still unfolding.

Thirdly, comics often do very dramatic things because their fiction is often 'rebooted' or 'retconned'.

Lastly, Hydra stopped being just Nazis like a long time ago.

Sorry to say your post was a waste of time. Too much logic for people to understand. Makes it hard for them to spew blind hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'd like to see the first person to honestly in a non-sarcastic way think this is even remotely a good idea, for either the character, or the comic.

There are some things in life you don't just fuck with, Captain America is one of them. Come on, FUCKING JOKER refused to work with Red Skull the moment he learned that he was an actual Nazi. And he's THE JOKER, the living incarnation of evil, and even for him, HYDRA was a no-no. And now they're telling me, that frigging CAPTAIN AMERICA, was one of them all along? they can fuck right off.

This gets even worse the more you think about it, because both in comics and movies, EVEN ACTUAL NAZIS thought HYDRA was too evil.

Yeah, Even the evilest group on earth, the Nazis, thought Red Skull was batshit crazy and a total monster. And now they're trying to sell the idea that Captain America was pals with Red Skull and his buddies all along? What the fuck is this bullshit?

Since when has joker. A DC caracter, been in a Marvel comic?

So I found the crossover they did.

In the 1997 DC/Marvel special Batman/Captain America, the Red Skull hires the Joker to steal an atomic bomb during World War II. Joker evades Batman, Cap, Bucky, and Robin and delivers it to the Skull, but is horrified when he learns that the Skull is a Nazi (saying "I may be a criminal lunatic but I'm an American criminal lunatic!"). When the Skull threatens to drop the bomb on Washington D.C., the Joker attacks him in the plane's cargo bay. While Captain America and Batman fly the plane over the ocean, the two villains are dropped out with the bomb just before it explodes. Both Captain America and Batman are convinced the two are still alive somehow.[17]

Had nothing to do with how "evil" he was. Just good ole American patriotism.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2016-06-17 at 11:39 PM.