10+ Year Old Account

Potion of Luck nerf.

Hello,
    today I installed the PTR to check out Class changes and I came to the conclusion that the Potion of Luck (MoP potion) was nerfed and is now a grey vendor item.
    For those in doubt, you can check out this video made by someone else, or log onto the PTR yourself:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tKrUG6C6GE.
    Am I wrong that no previous info was given regarding a nerf to this Potion in the first place, and this is the first thing we see from it ? I personally couldn't find any documentation regarding this nerf and no explanation was given beforehand.
    What do you think of this change and how will this affect people who like to farm for gold ? I personally don't use the item, but I can imagine there are quite some people who use(d) it.
    This is just to let you people know so you can try and use the remaining Potions you have, or sell them before they become obsolete.

Edit: this is in no way a way for me to advertise goldfarming video's, this video was merely linked to show the nerfed item.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-06-17 at 04:16 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Probably because most gold botting involves doing MoP instances with these for absurd GPH.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they nerfed that, then Potion of Treasure Finding is probably also nerfed to nonexistence...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalliophea View Post
    If they nerfed that, then Potion of Treasure Finding is probably also nerfed to nonexistence...
    Currently I haven't seen a nerf to the Treasure Finding one, it's still working as it was before.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Currently I haven't seen a nerf to the Treasure Finding one, it's still working as it was before.
    Thats because it isn't nearly as easy to exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Thats because it isn't nearly as easy to exploit
    You can still 'abuse' the cata one for a bit of gold but the MoP one was indeed a license to make gold

Anything to reduce the absurd amounts of gold you can make in WoD is good news imo.

Is really the gold that insane from it? Never really tried it, but noticed streamers just farming MoP zones with it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Is really the gold that insane from it? Never really tried it, but noticed streamers just farming MoP zones with it on.
    Even if you just vendor all the greens you get, you are looking at like 2000-2500gph in raw gold and greens. If you actually AH the crafting materials you can easily get it up to 3500-4000 GPH of old instance farming. This is even further exacerbated by the fact that you can chain the old MoP LFR by yourself by talking to the loremaster. Insta Queue-->Farm-->Leave-->Insta Queue

It's not insane, there are much more efficient ways to do it, it is just a brain-dead way to farm with no interaction with other players whereas you are just causing inflation because of the raw gold farming and vendor usage.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The amount of farming bots in MoP areas was insane because of all the raw gold. Cataclysm potion farming is very AH-bound and spots were nerfed ages ago.

There are better farming spots even now but they all require AH usage and you'll get reported very fast if you keep posting 100k/day or more worth of items from a single spot. Plus the same farming can't be done with multiple account on the same server without causing a market crash, that's why bot farmers prefer to stick to raw gold

I've got about 300 of these in my gbank to burn before they become grey, something tells me I'll be vendoring quite a few of them. Doing HoF runs works very well of course, been piling up the trillium to make transmog items on my BS, basically advance those ToT era weapons through their stages and eventually the Balanced Trillium items. Could make Sky Golems but meh, rather have the transmogs.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    I've got about 300 of these in my gbank to burn before they become grey, something tells me I'll be vendoring quite a few of them. Doing HoF runs works very well of course, been piling up the trillium to make transmog items on my BS, basically advance those ToT era weapons through their stages and eventually the Balanced Trillium items. Could make Sky Golems but meh, rather have the transmogs.
    Transmogs will be dope to sell when the new transmog system comes live. So many who want's to fill up their tabs and finish achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmogs will be dope to sell when the new transmog system comes live. So many who want's to fill up their tabs and finish achievements.
    Slightly Offtopic but keep an eye on the Crafted Wod gear from stages 1-6. They all have different colors if I remember so it might be smart to save some Felblight/Savage Blood(since nobody will do Kazzak/Farm Tanaan) anymore and who will want to spend time and money to convert stuff to get those upgrade tokens again. Either buy them cheap now or hoard some mats for yourself ^^.

Yeah no doubt but since I work and do other things I'll be crafting for my own transmog tab but it's certainly great for everyone who wants to do it. I've been making the old pvp sets from MoP on my characters for awhile now so using up that cloth, leather and Ghost Iron rather than it piling up in my Reagents Tab.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Question: What about herbalists? Can they stil get the luck buff by gathering that one pandaria herb?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Slightly Offtopic but keep an eye on the Crafted Wod gear from stages 1-6. They all have different colors if I remember so it might be smart to save some Felblight/Savage Blood(since nobody will do Kazzak/Farm Tanaan) anymore and who will want to spend time and money to convert stuff to get those upgrade tokens again. Either buy them cheap now or hoard some mats for yourself ^^.
    The colors are changing from 1-4 stage. 5 and 6 have same color as 4. Also, there's a problem with unlocking those appearances in Beta and there has been a thread asking for all appearances unlocks if you already have the 4+ stage of an item.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745136285

Couldn't they just increase the potion cooldown higher such an hour cd or something like that? Nerf nerf to make those potions meaningless right now..

I've got a bunch of these pots sitting around, might as well use em before the nerf.

Probably because most gold botting involves doing MoP instances with these for absurd GPH.
    Considering many of the nerfs for at least the past 8 years have been due to bot behavior, I would not be surprised.
    Couldn't they just increase the potion cooldown higher such an hour cd or something like that? Nerf nerf to make those potions meaningless right now..

While I agree with you, in the end this is Blizzard who hits such things with the hammer. Too bad the devs are unwilling to swing that hammer towards griefers.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-06-22 at 06:56 AM.

Just stock up on Primal Spirits. Felblight will be added to that vendor I believe.