Thread: upgrade or not

Deleted

upgrade or not

Hello,
    Got an i5 760 4gb ram and gtx275. Wonna play legion ( come back after 4 years) at high detail 1920x1080 in raid 10/25 man with 45+ fps during encounter with addons. Do you think that changing gfx card with gtx750ti and adding 4gb i could do that ? Or i need a whole new rig?

Regards.

You're definitely going to need a new rig. Being that currently on 10 settings(maxium without AA) with 1080s and high end CPUs can't keep it at 60FPS reliably in populated zones.

Deleted
    Dont need ulta setting, just high. And also need 30 min/60 max fps during raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
    Dont need ulta setting, just high. And also need 30 min/60 max fps during raids.
    On high settings in raid, you're still going to need an upgrade.

Deleted
    What you suggest on a budget for my needs?

Let me start by saying that more ram will NOT add fps, it might make your pc run a bit smoother but that's about it. Now a good cheap upcoming graphics card would be the AMD/radeon RX480 at around 200$.

You CPU is also quite dated but might still run the game decently, if all you play is wow I would suggest a Skylake i3 with a cheap mobo and some ddr4 ram and if your power supply is as old as the rest of your pc I would look into replacing that one too.

If you get in the beta I would suggest you try with the updated graphics card first and see how well it goes and go from there.

Deleted
    Dont have beta access. Left wow 4 years ago and i want come back. I3 will let me raid with high settings full hd?

Deleted
    Fx6300 seems to be too weak for legion on hight. Should i go for i3 or i5 ? Rx480 as gpu ?

You're going to have a hard time running wow at High settings in raids with your budget but this should do it assuming you can go over budget.

Here is a solid budget build plus the RX 480. Still going to end up spending 700$ the RX 480 isn't on the list being that it hasn't released yet.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($197.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($34.69 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.59 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $503.23
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-19 17:02 EDT-0400

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
    Dont have beta access. Left wow 4 years ago and i want come back. I3 will let me raid with high settings full hd?
    You can download and play the PTR for free to test things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    You can download and play the PTR for free to test things out.
    You have to have an active subscription to do that I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not according to comments elsewhere on this forum, but I do have an active sub so I couldn't say for certain without a bit of fannying about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Not according to comments elsewhere on this forum, but I do have an active sub so I couldn't say for certain without a bit of fannying about.
    Note: World of Warcraft PTR realms are only available to players who have a World of Warcraft account with active game time.

Copy pasted off of battle net site.

Deleted
    beta key anyone? So i could test actual hw