Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What TV Shows do you Miss Most

I am showing my age but I miss :

Lost in Space.. (Danger Will Robinson),

The Tomorrow people (The Tomorrow People are British teens who have special powers.
    They can communicate to each other using telepathy. They can also transport themselves (they call it "Jaunting")

V (American TV series about Reptiles that want to take over Earth).

Thunderbirds (puppets that are awesome)

The Two Ronnies (English Comedy is the Best)

The Benny Hill Show.. (My all time Favorite Comedy from a English Comedy Genius.. see snip below)

Problem with some of the great English comedies is these days, some people feel their content is un-politically correct..
    Bring on Donald trump & reruns of the Benny Hill show...You will be Laughing

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad.

My god what an awesome show. Had me drooling in anticipation for the next episode every goddamn week.

I am the one who knocks.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad was awesome. But the final season and ending was so well done its hard to argue for them prolonging it.

I could definitely go for more seasons of Seinfeld.

Breaking Bad
    Firefly (what a wasted opportunity)
    E.R
    Scrubs (with the original cast, fuck the new people)
    Desperate Housewives. It was the first TV-show I ever followed. On the other hand, the writers decisions and the ending were terrible on so many levels.

Shows I do NOT miss:

Lost
    Lost
    Lost
    Lost
    Lost
    Lost and for good measure, Lost.

I Lost interest in that show during the third season, but my brother and father wanted to "know what would happen" and wanted me to watch as well in the hopes that it would improve...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-18 at 01:36 PM.

Community (But in the veins of season 1-3+5, not the last season)
    Arrested Development (1-3)
    Friends
    Psych

10+ Year Old Account
    Farscape. It was a wonderful show that was years ahead of its time. Sadly this meant it cost an arm and a leg to produce so the network cancelled it two seasons early.

Firefly, obviously.

Constantine. Had SO MUCH POTENTIAL, but even though the fan base was growing and the figures were too, the network decided they weren't growing fast enough, so it was canned.

I don't miss shows like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, or Battlestar Galactica. Because although I loved them and I'm sad they ended, they all had a chance to show their full stories, and I'm glad that they went out when and how they did, so as not to drag on a good thing and ruin it.

Ask me this time next year and I'll tell you I miss Orphan Black :'(
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad was good, but by the 5th season the characters were too far gone down the paths they had taken to have a continuation of the story be anything but a stasis of sorts til the finale.

Firefly definitely deserved the 6 seasons and a movie treatment. Just the universe they could have built would have been amazing.

I miss the early seasons of Scrubs. I think that's probably the sitcom of my generation, Friends was when I was a teenager, but Scrubs was when I was in my 20s and represented my kind of life - a bunch of insecure, frail socially inept folks trying to be professionals. And the show was so goofy and light-hearted and funny. I don't know that you see sitcoms like that any more - the one that comes to mind most recently that echoed Scrubs was Happy Endings. Ironically, one of the new Scrubs people from the harsh last season was a star in that show.

15+ Year Old Account
    The O.C

Not necessarily the show itself but the time and the feeling back in the mid 2000's when I was a teenager. And the awesome soundtrack. Lots of great bands I'm listening to every now and then even today.

HBO's Deadwood.

Abruptly stopped after 3 seasons then allowed to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one i actually miss and even though it had a long run is House M.D,well written and acted.

Breaking Bad
    Arrested Development

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love more Scrubs but the 8 seasons are so good and it ends so beautifully I almost don't want to tarnish it. I don't count season 9 because it was terrible and unneeded milking of a great series.

I'm going waaaay back, ....MASH

Mystic Knights!

Damn I miss that show.

Firefly...they should have continued it..Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal Fox!

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Community (But in the veins of season 1-3+5, not the last season)
    I OTOH thought once Troy left season 5 was at least as bad as season 4, and the last season blew 4-5 out of the fucking water 10 times over.

My picks:
    Deadwood-Just kinda ended cause they were expecting a 4th season, then didn't get it. I'd like the series to at least get a "real" ending.

Justice League Unlimited-We've had Man of Steel, BvS, Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, etc and despite all that, the DCAU is STILL the best adaptation of DC comics to date, as well as actually expanding the comic book DC universe. While Batman:TAS is just as good, I miss JLU more because it covered basically the whole DC Universe rather than just the Gotham(and occasional guest stars) segment. I do love Bats and all, but it's also nice to get eps focused on Green Lantern, or Flash, or Martian Manhunter, or Aquaman, etc too.

I won't say shows like Breaking Bad and Justified because as great as those shows were, they ended on a high note and got to tell their whole story, so I can accept that and not miss them as much.

Bonanza - what a fun, casual, family show with copious amounts of action, drama, romance, comedy, mystery - they did everything - and a complementary moral to accompany each and every episode, though entertainment was always the foremost objective. Lorne Greene was awesome!

Star Trek: The Next Generation - the first season was bad, the second season was okay, and then from season three onward the show did something that no other television series has done since: get consecutively better and better with each and every season. This series is the poster child for Growing the Beard (a trope where a show becomes better as opposed to jumping the shark), and like Bonanza it explored a wide variety of genres with light aesops while still being fairly entertaining family show. I've yet to have seen a show like this since.

Stargate Atlantis (first two seasons, some of three) - a lighthearted reconstruction of the science fiction adventure genre featuring modern day armed forces (Canadian scientists, Scottish doctors, American Air Force troopers) stranded in another galaxy. It somehow managed to be an affectionate parody of it's own genre while fully embracing it. Did not take itself too seriously... until it did, and that's when some of television's finest sci fi episodes emerged.

Xena
    Will & Grace
    original Voltron, X-Men, Transformers, and Thundercats
    2nd Spiderman cartoon
    The Good Wife

Stargate Atlantis (can't get enough of McKay... Actually almost done with annual rewatch of it.)

Stargate Universe (It was great, insanely good, fortunately it ended the best way it could have, but still, would like to see Rush again)

Megas XLR (It was the best cartoon comedy ever)
    Last edited by Ascius; 2016-06-18 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.