Thread: Warlock curses

Warlock curses

So as a loyal warlock I miss warlock curses. It was a mechanic that really set us apart from the other classes. I wish they would give us our curses back.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    "A curse upon you, interloper!"

Or we could use the modern day version(s) of curses.

Yes, I am feeling nostalgic for the complete removal of curses, as it felt quite nice giving 50+% cast speed increase (or decrease? (can't remember if it was 50 at start or 30 at the end), curse others with the Curse of Weakness (Attack Power debuff) and others. However, I have to say it's for the Locks' own good to remove something that really isn't completely viable in terms of gameplay, as it provided close to 0 means of removal, unless you were/had a Shammy/Druid/Mage and actively cleansed it.
    Oh, and it was Curse of Tongues which was the spell afflicting one.

We're good enough without those curses, why implant it back as unnecessary feature resulting in a overall loss in power for some slow/reduction perks?

Aren't a few of them in the PVP talent tree? I was happy to see Curse of Tongues back.

Curse of tongues , weakness and a new curse ( fragility ) are in the pvp talent tree now, and they are available for all specs.

I'm quite pleased with this tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    For PvE, I think my favourite was Curse of Recklessness. Vanilla dungeons were notorious for runners, which would pull another pack in and wipe the group. COR the runners, and they just come back. Back then, Warlocks would also fear kite with it. Fear a mob, he goes the wrong direction, COR it, he runs (usually) to the healer, put another curse to clear COR, and he fears again. COR was also a great one to troll your MT and healers with too.

But yeah, I found warlock curses to be pretty interesting back in the day. I think the problem now is that Warlocks, and every DPS for that matter are designed to have competitive DPS. Warlocks had great utility and sustain, because they had terrible DPS. If warlocks had all the tools they used to with the damage they have now, they'd be too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    For PvE, I think my favourite was Curse of Recklessness. Vanilla dungeons were notorious for runners, which would pull another pack in and wipe the group. COR the runners, and they just come back. Back then, Warlocks would also fear kite with it. Fear a mob, he goes the wrong direction, COR it, he runs (usually) to the healer, put another curse to clear COR, and he fears again. COR was also a great one to troll your MT and healers with too.

But yeah, I found warlock curses to be pretty interesting back in the day. I think the problem now is that Warlocks, and every DPS for that matter are designed to have competitive DPS. Warlocks had great utility and sustain, because they had terrible DPS. If warlocks had all the tools they used to with the damage they have now, they'd be too OP.
    Well, in a world where shortening/ simplifying gameplay is the meta, only damaging/healing/tanking abilities can exist , every utility or niche spell was removed, bar 1 raid cd per class to "simplify".

If blizzard truly wanted "class fantasy" back all they had to do was look at vanilla.

I would love for Affliction's class fantasy to be about curses - would fit in with the gameplay design of damage over time. However, the developers went a different approach, and while I may like it differently, the play-style of Affliction in Legion is good.