View Poll Results: What profession combo will you be rolling for Legion on your rogue?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • Skinning and LW

23 25.27%
  • Inscription and Herbalism

3 3.30%
  • Mining and JC

1 1.10%
  • Mining and Blacksmithing

0 0%
  • Mining and Engineering

13 14.29%
  • Alchemy and Herbalism

8 8.79%
  • Two gathering profs

2 2.20%
  • Two crafting profs

37 40.66%
  • none of the above

4 4.40%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Got alchemy/engineering at moment but might change one of them to something else (most likely switching engineering to herbalism I think. Unless I choose to have herbalism on an alt. But want to limit the number of characters I play at all to max 2-3 as I play alot less than I used to and want to focus on 1 or 2 instead).
    Want to keep alchemy on one char for sure as I like to use lots of run speed potions etc, and alchemy should fit nicely with the outlaw Iron stomach talent that gives +30% healing from healing potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambiicuz View Post
    alchemy should fit nicely with the outlaw Iron stomach talent that gives +30% healing from healing potions.
    Do you think that talent stacks with alchemy trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    Do you think that talent stacks with alchemy trinket?
    I would guess not. Alchemy trinket effect says: "this effect does not stack". So unless that rule only applies to other alchemy trinkets with the same effect, -or they make an exception for the talent, it probably won't stack. In which case the talent won't fit that well with alchemy for as long as you use that trinket. At least Crimson Vial doesn't share cooldown with healing potions.

Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    What will you do with all the blood of sargeras? Only thing alchemists can make with it is 1 trinket that is BoP
    I'll make that trinket I suppose

Someone know what max ilvl the leather crafted gear can be upgraded to? it starts at 815.
    If the max is 850, it seems worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Samvex View Post
    Someone know what max ilvl the leather crafted gear can be upgraded to? it starts at 815.
    If the max is 850, it seems worthless
    max is 855. you won't be picking up that high ilvl of gear for a while so it's still useful

Always been herbalism+alchemy on my rogue so I'll probably stick to that.

Well you get 840 rly easy. But my point is raiding gear. will the prof gear be still worth until NH hits..

Quote Originally Posted by Samvex View Post
    Well you get 840 rly easy. But my point is raiding gear. will the prof gear be still worth until NH hits..
    They said they want professions to be viable through the expansion so they might either add crafting sets, or let you upgrade past 850 in further patches. I think skinning will be viable through the expansion, can get broken teeth which other professions need and can't really farm and extra meats for cooking.

Keeping 2 crafting professions.

It's looking expensive to keep 2 crafting, so going with LW/Skinning.

My rogue was my first toon back in BC and I leveled as LW/Skinning ... I subsequently switched to LW/JC in Wrath and it's been that way ever since. I won't drop LW because it's not clear that the old recipes can be regained. Old JC recipes are not really important for transmog, so it is potentially on the block to switch out to skinning. In the end, I doubt that I'll change anything since this is my main and they have stated that questing will award bloods and this is the toon that has all of my fishing achieves so I'll eventually get bloods that way, but I will change some of my alts to have the professional combinations that Blizz seems to want us to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Calycia View Post
    My rogue was my first toon back in BC and I leveled as LW/Skinning ... I subsequently switched to LW/JC in Wrath and it's been that way ever since. I won't drop LW because it's not clear that the old recipes can be regained. Old JC recipes are not really important for transmog, so it is potentially on the block to switch out to skinning. In the end, I doubt that I'll change anything since this is my main and they have stated that questing will award bloods and this is the toon that has all of my fishing achieves so I'll eventually get bloods that way, but I will change some of my alts to have the professional combinations that Blizz seems to want us to take.
    Didn't they confirm the old recipes can't be relearned in the qa? They said if you dropped a profession the books in legion will only restore the legion stuff you dropped (because they are tied to quests which won't be repeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Felancelan View Post
    Didn't they confirm the old recipes can't be relearned in the qa? They said if you dropped a profession the books in legion will only restore the legion stuff you dropped (because they are tied to quests which won't be repeatable.
    I thought they said they had not finalized the old recipe thing, but in any event, I would not drop LW, BS, engineering or tailoring if I had some of the old recipes that are good for transmog.