Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I remember Vanilla hunters

I think mana was ultimiately a good thing for hunters back in the day. do you guys like the change?

this seems like poor bait but i'll bite anyway.

i only started playing in tbc, but even in ssc/tk mana was almost irrelevant, i doubt i spent more than 5% of any fight swapping to viper to regen. by the time i was raiding hyjal/bt i was simply never switching to viper at all (without the bow..), and mana remained pretty freaking irrelevant all the way until it was cut in cataclysm.

focus is absolutely more interesting.

the only things I really miss from back then are counterattack and multi-traps. I'm not sure why they didn't re-introduce counterattack with this new survival revamp, counterattack was a key cog in the survival tree back then. what I don't miss is having to farm various resist armor for raids or shadow resist for the epic hunter quest. To this day I still remember using my last shadow resist pot and getting ganked by a horde druid in the middle of the fight with the shadow demon. I thought about calling it a day but tried one more time and somehow killed it w/o any extra shadow resist

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played a hunter for over 10 years and I hated mana for the class. Sorry but I'm of the mind that Focus was an amazing change (even if Legion feels like a step backwards in that regard, at least for BM).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss mana, when they changed it I stopped playing hunter. Focus just does not feel right Ive tried over and over to get back into hunters but it never lasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    i started playing in tbc as well i would see skilled hunters having to line up their traps to CC a mob properly, it was interesting to me in comparison to the whole [target mob> Click a button> CC breaks > Repeat] that we have today.

Towards the end of TBC i made a hunter so i could learn to do this myself but then with wrath CC was Unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I miss mana, when they changed it I stopped playing hunter. Focus just does not feel right Ive tried over and over to get back into hunters but it never lasts.
    Wow, couldn't be too interested in playing hunters, then. It's like saying "I could never get back into WoW after they removed throwing weapons".
    Mother pus bucket!

i miss viper sting

and the old survival spec ... it was awesome in bgs

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    counterattack probably wasn't reintroduced because it was based on parrying or dodging an attack which won't be happening in a raid and I'm actually not even sure how dodge and parry mechanics work in pvp anymore. So maybe it could be used there.

The one thing I miss is how it took some real skill and planning to CC as a hunter. Only being able to trap out of combat and stuff.
    granted it would need to be tweaked for today, it also used mana :P
    I think they could have taken counterattack name and made it a modern ability for the game today. something with a similar concept, the name alone would be quite nostalgic.

edit: I forgot about deterrence. the old one was linked to counterattack, using that granted +25% to dodge and parry (nearly guaranteeing counterattack would be usable)
    Last edited by c000; 2016-06-19 at 02:30 AM.

If mana was like it is now it wouldn't really matter. The fact that they have a resource is better than mana users in WoD being completely untied from the bar.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Yeah, but vanilla is gone. So get over it. Mana was boring. Focus management is far better than a nearly infinite ressource bar.

Another topic from this guy containing a 5 word statement and followed by "discuss".

There is a reason it was a wanted change.

No I do not miss mana or anything about hunters in vanilla

Yes. Having to stack MP5 as a Hunter was tons of fun. Having to FD and drink in the middle of a fight was just so awesome.

Is this a specialization in extracting vanilla from a vanilla bean? Those who hunt the vanilla bean?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated mana, (thank blizz for changing that) I sure do remember running out of arrows ( shit got real when hunters ran out off ammo and casters went oom and had to melee). I don't miss fighting shamans for gears and getting kicked the second you joined a dungeon group. I do miss the melee wing clip, mongoose, raptor strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    i started playing in tbc as well i would see skilled hunters having to line up their traps to CC a mob properly, it was interesting to me in comparison to the whole [target mob> Click a button> CC breaks > Repeat] that we have today.

Towards the end of TBC i made a hunter so i could learn to do this myself but then with wrath CC was Unnecessary
    This was the reason I made a hunter as well. It was easy to pick up and play, but very few people could master a hunter's CC and I found it a unique challenge.

The caster model for hunters is bad and mana sucked. The best change ever made to hunters was the introduction of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Yes. Having to stack MP5 as a Hunter was tons of fun. Having to FD and drink in the middle of a fight was just so awesome.
    I assume that this was your reaction when reading about mana in this thread:

same bro sameeee
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?