Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    So the other day I was looking for a challenge in Elwynn Forest (I'm a hordie). I met some noob alliance guys who had no idea how to play. I ganked them so hard for an hour and they still didn't learn. Made an alliance char and whispered them to learn to play. They said they were trying the game since they got interested after seeing the movie. I just replied that go play some SWOTR or other newbie games. Always feels good to wreck those unskilled alliance players. Blood or honor!
    Ugh, geez. This was painful to read. I sure hope this didn't actually happen.

My favourite memories are all from classic AV, and actually being outside of the fights. I remember teams discussing strategies and things, my friends and I would go and capture mines or defend a point. AV was really unique, I'm not sure they'll ever recapture that feeling.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Wrath during the heyday of Blood DKs and pre-nerf vengeance scaling. Me and this boomy were in wintergrasp after just having lost the zone battle (we were horde and massively outnumbered by ally on that server). This ally raid group swoops into the keep and they are all standing around in thier pve gear. The Boomy and i dive bomb thier whole raid group by getting up some distance then flying right inside the keep and dropping right into thier midst. We ended up wiping out about half of their 25man group before the rest ran into the portal. For the next hour this Druid and i were fighting a 2 on 25 vs this whole raid. And we were winning. They kept coming at us in groups of 10-15 and just getting massacred.

We ended up actually making a habit of this. Ravaging raid groups after losing WG. It got to the point to where guilds would start trying to lay ambushes for us - to no avail. Others hordies caught wind of this and began joining us in our post WG VoA camps. This lasted about a month before word spread on the ally side and people either stopped showing up or started trying to zerg past us and meet inside the instances instead. But it was great while it lasted.

Blood could make you feel like a god back then. Idiodicly OP, but fun as hell if you werent on the receiving side.

Well in AB or EoTS im on my elemental with the stealth belt from engineering and Thunderstorm maybe 10 people off. Nothing will ever top that for me. It's too bad i gave up on ele because if any melee even looks at him it dies.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happened on the PTR yesterday. My closest Arathi Basin ever.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

It was before they changed AV. The battle was going on forever. At one point, all forces focused on IBT. The battle lasted for hours. Suddenly, there was no horde in my sight. We charged south, they summoned the war master and pushed us back. We summoned our warmaster and pushed back. After hours of battle, we were able to have our stealth classes stealth south and capture the base for the "v."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    Ugh, geez. This was painful to read. I sure hope this didn't actually happen.

My favourite memories are all from classic AV, and actually being outside of the fights. I remember teams discussing strategies and things, my friends and I would go and capture mines or defend a point. AV was really unique, I'm not sure they'll ever recapture that feeling.
    They should have never changed it. There should be at least one real bg. Keep it in a different que. Let only those that want the epic big battle experience to que for av.

I would also change WG, TB and Ash to make them as epic as old AV and put them all in a different "big battle" que.

I thought this game was alliance vs. horde. If that is the case we need big, major battles.

Deleted
    Oh there were many many cool situations. But the one that stuck with me was back in WotlK. I, on my Ret Pally with my Arena Mate, one of the best hunters I have ever met queued into AV to farm some Honorkills. At one point we killed almost the whole alliance group via kiting from tower point down to the first gates of the Frostwolf-Keep.
    It was glorious. I remember loosing my shit because we almost died a couple of times.