CPU minimum for 1070, 1080 480x?

Finally getting some actual benchmarks on the new Nvidia graphics cards from users and even some videos on Youtube of gameplay. Seeing nice increases, not really what Nvidia said but yes, its noticeable.

But also seen people try the cards on lower end specs like the AMD 8350 and while there is an improvement over most current gen, those processors do bottleneck the cards.

So what is the bare bone minimum processor you should have for the new Nvidia cards? I5 4690? Will even that card bottleneck?

I would assume you could use a "lesser" CPU with the 480x but how low a standard do you think it can be? I doubt the said 8350 would be able to keep up with it based on what AMD has said about their new tech?

Any guesses?

Completely depends on the game. In most games you are fine but in MMOs your CPU power will determine your fps in raids and other scenarios where there are a lot of players on your screen. Having a CPU bottleneck basically means your minimum fps stays the same (= the parts of the game where your CPU has more work than the GPU) but your average and maximum fps will get better. Also some graphical settings almost only tax the GPU so you can have more of those on.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

The bare minimum you would need these days is an i5 2500k or higher you might even get away with an i7 970 lol, the fact that Intel shoe horsed AMD years ago and did their stupid tick-tack-tock ( or whatever you wanna call it ) cpu releases made the cpu market really stale, 3 cpu releases on the same nm size each time ? borrrrrinnnnggggg.

The fact that an overlocked i5 2500k at 4.2Ghz or more still does not bottleneck any card like 5 years later proofs how terrible Intel had a free range on the CPU market since their i5/i7 line started.

Looking at a 8350 to determine cpu power or a bottleneck is pretty silly as well, it was a decent cpu for a budget but its nowhere near an i5 2500k in terms of aging successfully, I have yet to play a game where my i5 2500k at 4.2Ghz is a bottleneck for anything.