Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    :/ the google algorithm is adaptive and two people searching for the same thing, based on their search history and location, will get different things
    So test it with incognito mode on.

7+ Year Old Account
    OMG... they're gona get her down, anonymous is the shit! this video is at least as big of a scandal as the fact that obama is a muslim or that is a Kenyan or Indoneasian. /S

Seriously, can't find anything better on her...

Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    And you can do that for "Hillary Clinton criminal," too. That's not the point.
    What is the point, actually?

I just tried "george bush ch" because I wanted to see Dubya compared to a chimp. I got George Bush Children and George Bush Chief of Staff and George Bush China. It only started putting George Bush Chimpanzee as an option after I fully typed it. Now it will autocomplete for that because it's guessing that's what I want.

So, clearly, Google is also biased in favor of the other side too.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I thought that Google's search function is based on your own search history, cookies, favorites and browser information...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What is the point, actually?

I just tried "george bush ch" because I wanted to see Dubya compared to a chimp. I got George Bush Children and George Bush Chief of Staff and George Bush China. It only started putting George Bush Chimpanzee as an option after I fully typed it. Now it will autocomplete for that because it's guessing that's what I want.

So, clearly, Google is also biased in favor of the other side too.
    The issue was that if you typed in "Hillary Clinton cri" in other search engines, such as yahoo, it would auto-complete as "criminal." This was not the case with Google. But someone decided that Google was therefore biased and in favor of Clinton without checking to see if Google did the same search manipulation for other people, as well, which you have just tested for yourself and seen that indeed it does.
    Last edited by timberx; 2016-06-19 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I thought that Google's search function is based on your own search history, cookies, favorites and browser information...
    Just to show how pointless this is. You are right the search results are based on your usage. These complaints weren't about the search results, because you can easily find negative search results for any candidate. These complaints are about the auto complete function in google searches. They are mad that if you type in Hillary Clinton's name and half of the word "criminal" it doesn't complete the word. This is all despite Google's statement that they don't allow the autocomplete function to suggest disparaging information in conjunction with a person's name.

They should focus their "attacks" on ISIL.

Weren't these guys supposed to bring ISIS, Trump, etc down?

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    They should focus their "attacks" on ISIL.
    I just typed "ISIL cr" ...Google is definitely not biased in favor of them.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

if this is the best they have on her then /snorts she doesn't have a lot to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is frankly no better than conspiracy theories. Closing this.

CLOSED.