Thread: Diablo 4?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Overwatch is a great shooter with much more engaging gameplay than plenty of other contemporary shooters. And like Coldkil says, the micro transactions are entirely optional: they are cosmetic upgrades and you can just unlock all of them by actually playing the game. It's a textbook example of how micro transactions should be done (and why not? if it helps the companies generate revenue off people who actually want to buy them, win win for both parties).

It's easily worth its price. I generally dislike shooters and poured close to 80-90 hours in Overwatch already. I think the last time I spent that much time in an FPS has been in CS.

HD Diablo 1&2 its what I just need If it D4 so it should be like Witcher or Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Veftala View Post
    HD Diablo 1&2 its what I just need If it D4 so it should be like Witcher or Skyrim
    D4 like Skyrim or Witcher would be a big failure and disappointment for me.

Proposed D3X2 or D4 storyline:

The Nephalem start to become TOO powerful. Somehow, the prime evils all come together and fight the Nephalem in Sanctuary. The Nephalem unlock ever more powerful spells and skills to deal with the threat. In the final battle, the Nephalem inadvertently destroy a pretty good chunk of Sanctuary itself as they dispatch the Prime Evils. Looking at the devastation their new powers caused, they resolve to lock away their powers in some fashion and guard them from ever being used. There might be some sort of McGuffin involved in powering down the Nephalem. Evil has been beaten, but its a somber victory and uncertainty lies in the future as no one really knows if they will need to unleash those powers again.

I could also see a second Sanctuary created. The current Sanctuary is compromised because at this point EVERYONE knows about it. Ideally, you'd want to make a new one that was safely hidden from the Eternal Conflict. So maybe the only solution is to make another and send refugees there.

I might set up a long term plan of following Marvel's Thor lore, where you have the Nine Realms. I might make 9 Sanctuaries and the pathways between them unknown to all but a few guardian Nephalem.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    There will be no Diablo 4 in my opinion, Diablo 3 is still pretty young, if at all it would make more sense to create a new expansion then to make a completely new game. But with all the WoW anniversary items and the BlizzCon Diablo 2 Pet.. it looks likethey are going to do a Diablo 2 in Diablo 3 engine. We have the 12 String Guitar, which was used to make the memorable Diablo Theme, the Stone of Jordan and an empty Town Portal book. With all these hints its pretty obvious what they want to point us at.
    Last edited by mmoce436da29d4; 2016-09-21 at 11:24 AM.

Blizzard Entertainment may have leaked the official reveal for the long-rumored Diablo 4 at BlizzCon 2016 in November. Some eagle-eyed fans have unraveled several clues, suggesting the next title’s possible announcement at the annual celebrated event.

Quote Originally Posted by hvc View Post
    There will be no Diablo 4 in my opinion, Diablo 3 is still pretty young, if at all it would make more sense to create a new expansion then to make a completely new game. But with all the WoW anniversary items and the BlizzCon Diablo 2 Pet.. it looks likethey are going to do a Diablo 2 in Diablo 3 engine. We have the 12 String Guitar, which was used to make the memorable Diablo Theme, the Stone of Jordan and an empty Town Portal book. With all these hints its pretty obvious what they want to point us at.
    I doubt Blizzard is capable of doing a D2 remake correctly. A correct remake of D2 would require a complete overhaul of battle.net. Battle.net 2.0 is a launcher but D2 needs a true lobby like battle.net 1.0. Blizzard has never demonstrated an understanding about the need of a true in-game community in the last 10 years so I don't know what would suddenly cause them to change course now. Furthermore, even if they did rebuild the in-game community, I'm not sure they would be able to ignore the awful advice they would get from antisocial players that tell them in-game communities are toxic.

What you would probably get is an antisocial version of D2 made in HD. At first people would praise it, but then they would all scratch their head as players say that for "some reason they can't quite figure out" the original game has much more appeal than the HD version on bnet 2.0. And then most players would continue to play the old version and players would be very confused.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

ill be happy if diablo 4 happens XD, but wont most likely :/.....

Deleted
    It will probably be a mobile game or a new game concept set in the diablo universe.

Diablo as a concept needs to evolve well past its basic online RPG.
    It'll need to adopt at least a partial set of MMO features, if not go all out in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Diablo as a concept needs to evolve well past its basic online RPG.
    It'll need to adopt at least a partial set of MMO features, if not go all out in that direction.
    Yeah, they should totally bring in group dungeons, maybe with scaling difficulty. And some form of endgame progression!

And if I was being totally crazy, I'd ask them to add something like Guilds.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I am completely against this. or better, Diablo franchise is loved because it is NOT an MMO, and it doesn't have much space given how WoW dominates this sector for Blizzard.

Diablo needs some sort of meaningful endgame character progression. GRs are the end of all activities to the point that doing anything else is just gimping yourself. Plus, grinding for +5 mainstat so you can tackle that higher GR is something that has zero appeal (and doesn't have meaning if not for ladders).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

If there will be a diablo4 it will probably be a multiplatform release (pc and console), because Kotick $$$. So the gameplay will be pure no brain action. Not interested.

If they release a pc-only version, something similar to Grim dawn or Path of Exile with better graphics, it would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure D4 is coming soon. The last goodie-bag had a 4sided die, also called a d4.

As to what it will involve... hopefully something new and fresh story-wise. Maybe a prequel, or something in a distant future. I'd like to see an end to the nephilim shit and go back to the turnip farmer nobody.

Deleted
    Runes and gear crafting expansion, that would be nice. Maybe some more types of activities would help too. Or straight out D4 MMO or just D4.

Why would they turn Diablo into an mmo? They have wow. And blizzard won't even do another warcraft rts now with starcraft. Diablo is their action rpg franchise

D4 incoming, called it. Knew they werent happy with d3 and get those 10mill phyiscal sales

10+ Year Old Account
    To all the people asking for D4:

What do you think/would you like them to do differently in D4, compared to what they've done so far in D3. Would you set it in a different era/plane? Change up the class/level/skill structure in any way? Would you adjust the leveling/Endgame structure at all?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Diablo 3 is due another expansion soon. I hope this year.

they wouldnt be able to make a diablo 4 anyhow, since they killed off ... cain