Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the point is if someone wants to full auto a semi auto its doable, thinking that 'oh they can only do xx rounds per minute' isn't really comforting.

the point is, this is the loop hole to the 'there are no full autos'. even so i'm sure with enough training someone can pull the trigger on a semi and have it spit out rounds in quick succession. in other words there is very little actual difference between a full auto and a semi auto.
    It is not full auto, go ask the ATF.

That shit is a gimmick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Even if you did go against the Constitution and make Islam illegal, that isn't going to mean that people will magically stop believing in it.
    Yea but we can stop letting them into the country. Just look whats happening in the UK already. Sharia courts popping up like mushrooms after a rain.

But as a constitutionalist, I kinda agree, we cant outright ban them but we have to stop ignoring the problem and make apologies for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My vote is for swords.
    yessss. nothing more gentlemanly than a mufuckin sword fight
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

I like him.

also semi auto means nothing, as I posted in the other thread you can bump fire a semi auto in close quarters and it'll spray full auto.

takes a bit of technique but its doable, just search bump firing, and there we go, semi autos firing in full auto.

here

so much for semi auto.
    You can bumpfire a handgun too. The point is that directing attention towards guns that look like guns the military uses does nothing to combat the actual problem. What most people would describe as an "assault rifle" is nothing more than a dressed up version of what those same people would describe as a "hunting rifle". Vastly more people are killed with handguns than "assault rifles" in the United States. Asking "why anyone would need a machine gun" misrepresents the issue entirely. A handgun will kill you just as dead as an AR-15 and is far more concealable.

We need to be asking how we can more effectively keep firearms out of the hands of people who should not have access to them.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    What else would you ban besides inanimate objects? Nobody would ever argue that Kinder eggs have malicious intent, but you still can't get them in the US.
    You can get Kinder Eggs in the US though.

This video is why "Assault Weapon" works as a political term.

- - - Updated - - -

the point is if someone wants to full auto a semi auto its doable, thinking that 'oh they can only do xx rounds per minute' isn't really comforting.

the point is, this is the loop hole to the 'there are no full autos'. even so i'm sure with enough training someone can pull the trigger on a semi and have it spit out rounds in quick succession. in other words there is very little actual difference between a full auto and a semi auto.

that just happened to be the top video on the search, it can be done without a special bump stock.
    But you are not following your statement out to the logical conclusion: if semi-auto is banned, then that bans nearly all guns, and that would be a violation of the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You can bumpfire a handgun too. The point is that directing attention towards guns that look like guns the military uses does nothing to combat the actual problem. What most people would describe as an "assault rifle" is nothing more than a dressed up version of what those same people would describe as a "hunting rifle". Vastly more people are killed with handguns than "assault rifles" in the United States. Asking "why anyone would need a machine gun" misrepresents the issue entirely. A handgun will kill you just as dead as an AR-15 and is far more concealable.

We need to be asking how we can more effectively keep firearms out of the hands of people who should not have access to them.
    well I think i did post in the gun control thread a long long time ago, but my take on it is simply that the gun culture is too ingrained in American culture, combined with a large population and not the best mental health care or assessment. and here we are.

what you'd need is unanimous decision to drop the amount of guns, although its likely that its impossible, either someone needs to fund some sort of mega buy back program, which probably wouldn't do shit. or well there is little that can be done. every once in a while one of those 320million ppl is gunna blow a gasket and go postal. you either decide as a nation that this shit is enough or you sit behind your constitution and suck it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Etymologically speaking, isn't any weapon that is not breach loaded a machine gun? As in, it uses a mechanism to chamber a new round after each shot. So basically, anything with a magazine.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

so much for semi auto.
    pfft I find your vid to be wanting

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Machine gun? This guy is a moron. AR-15 is a low powered semi automatic gun.. meaning 1 pull, 1 shot. Just because its black and looks scary doesnt make it a machine gun.

Also, its amusing how they blame it on a gun. Blame the person and the religion. They all hate gays. Thats moderate islam.
    remove the gun and it doesnt matter if we have islam or christian idiots around notice how i include christians that bomb abortion clinics etc and murder doctors etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Just look whats happening in the UK already. Sharia courts popping up like mushrooms after a rain.
    Sharia courts have no legal standing, they are literally just a private agreement and they can not break any UK laws, e.g. dicriminating based on sex.

They have no more legal basis than you asking a random person in the street to decide who is right in a dispute between you and your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    pfft I find your vid to be wanting
    I love it, and the vid where the woman gets smashed in the face by the recoiling desert eagle. saw her picture on those related vids that pop up after that one.

FACT:

since 09/11 ,In the the US, more people died from gun massacre than killed by islamic terrorists.

this is it to end silly discussions on guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZIOE6aMBk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    FACT:

since 09/11...
    Why use that as a cut off date? Why not use the day before?

well I think i did post in the gun control thread a long long time ago, but my take on it is simply that the gun culture is too ingrained in American culture, combined with a large population and not the best mental health care or assessment. and here we are.

what you'd need is unanimous decision to drop the amount of guns, although its likely that its impossible, either someone needs to fund some sort of mega buy back program, which probably wouldn't do shit. or well there is little that can be done. every once in a while one of those 320million ppl is gunna blow a gasket and go postal. you either decide as a nation that this shit is enough or you sit behind your constitution and suck it up.
    Death is sad; but guns aren't even high on the list of causes of death in the US... especially if you leave out gun suicides. (Which you should) If Americans, and the rest of the world even, want to curb the deaths of innocent people, shouldn't we be looking at the top causes of death?

Just like how "assault weapons" look scarier than hunting rifle, 50 people being killed in one nightclub sounds a lot worse than 611k people dying each year in the US....

But yeah, ban those scary guns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    remove the gun and it doesnt matter if we have islam or christian idiots around notice how i include christians that bomb abortion clinics etc and murder doctors etc etc
    How very progressive of you! It literally says that the most humane treatment of gays is killing them in the bloody Quran. Yes, Christians have extremists too but just compare the number or people killed, rapes committed, violations of human rights and you might be shocked. Why are you trying so hard to hide the obvious?

Hey I like guns, its a shame I can't own any, i'd love to do some occasional target shooting, and there are place you can go to do that here, but mainly, I'm not interested in what causes the most deaths, the fact is every now and then some crazy fuck pops out the wood work and guns down a bunch of ppl, and it happens, its not like that doesn't happen, trying to hide these occurrences behind things like 'well small pox killed more ppl than guns do' doesn't really mean that this HASN'T STOPPED HAPPENING.

make all the comparisons you like, it doesn't hide the fact that it happens, and its tragic when it does.

how about we start messaging the victims family members and saying 'hey well you know, at least your loved one didn't die of aids or heart disease they kill way more ppl, you should think yourself lucky'

no.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-06-19 at 06:09 PM.

"Who needs a machine gun?"

Who needs a sword? Who needs a knife? Who needs a hammer?

I hate guns, I live in the UK and i'm glad guns aren't allowed here. However this argument is so god damn stupid.

The gun itself is not evil, nor is the fork you eat your dinner with, but you're still at risk of having your spouse randomly kill you with it. We take for granted how easy it is to just completely fuck someone up instantaneously. Any time you're making a cup of coffee, how easy would it be to just pour chemicals into it to poison your friend? How easy would it be to just push someone off a bridge. A gun is no different. We -trust- that people aren't going to be complete psychotic cunts for no reason - if they are going to kill us, they are going to do it anyway, just with a different method other than bullets.

And then the next dumb argument is "yes, but a fork can't kill 50 people, a machine gun can" yes, and do you really think a mass murder planning Islamic Terrorist or School Shooter is going to go to a shop, see no guns available and give up the idea? No - they will get guns anyway. Believe it or not, you can't just make murder illegal and have it stop happening - people still get shot in the UK, yet guns are banned there - what a surprise!

America is so far down the rabbit hole of having guns be legal that it would be impossible to get rid of them to the extent the UK currently has - its like banning drugs. Did heroin go away just because they banned it? No, of course not - you can still walk down the street and buy it in a few minutes or less. Banning guns is a pointless endeavour that won't solve any problems even if the impossible task of removing guns from the public's reach was achieved.

But sure, I get it. America needs a war. War on drugs is burning out, has been for a few years now. How about the war on guns? I'm sure it will have as much success as the war on drugs. We all know America is drug free, no drugs being sold, no drug problems on any of its citizens /s

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the idiot in the video is such a stupid idiot. All the gun crimes in the US, and yet NONE of them were committed with a MACHINE GUN. Get a clue. A semi-automatic weapon is NOT a machine gun. A machine gun has been, you guessed it, machined to be fully automatic. Bump firing is not fully automatic and therefore does not make a gun a machine gun.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Hey I like guns, its a shame I can't own any, i'd love to do some occasional target shooting, and there are place you can go to do that here, but mainly, I'm not interested in what causes the most deaths, the fact is every now and then some crazy fuck pops out the wood work and guns down a bunch of ppl, and it happens, its not like that doesn't happen, trying to hide these occurrences behind things like 'well small pox killed more ppl than guns do' doesn't really mean that this HASN'T STOPPED HAPPENING.

make all the comparisons you like, it doesn't hide the fact that it happens, and its tragic when it does.

how about we start messaging the victims family members and saying 'hey well you know, at least your loved one didn't die of aids or heart desease they kill way more ppl, you should think yourself lucky'

no.
    What a ridiculous post. Deflecting and full of appeals to emotion.

We know death is sad. But as I already said, if death was so sad, where is the outrage for the victims of heart disease, diabetes, influenza, kidney disease, suicide, and medical mistakes?

But yeah, lets sensationalize a minority of deaths. Because thats just easier.
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2016-06-19 at 06:31 PM.