Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've heard parts of that story from people from our refugee camps if that counts for anything.
    The part that Syrians tend to agree in almost constant basis is that the war in Syria is not civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Speaking of...

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/05...-they-hate-us/

Clip from a 1 hr documentary that aired first on Friday.
    I've seen it, and it's quite good.
    God 72 raisins aren't even that many. That's like maybe a medium sized box of them. I could eat that in a short sitting.

Christianity has done the same thing though more than likely. I mean they really need to just dump all of Leviticus since people want to use that as a anti gay thing, but then it also says you can't talk to a woman on her period.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Soooo if 50% of the syrian refugees are actually ISIS jihadists, who exactly is fighting in syria right now? I mean all of them apparently are moving to europe.
    You can be a jihadist and not part of ISIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    God 72 raisins aren't even that many. That's like maybe a medium sized box of them. I could eat that in a short sitting.

Christianity has done the same thing though more than likely. I mean they really need to just dump all of Leviticus since people want to use that as a anti gay thing, but then it also says you can't talk to a woman on her period.
    Yes, the old scriptures are false translated by many. That's not exclusive to the Muslims.

I still got a good laugh out of the raisins when I first heard it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

Can we avoid talking about religion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So they´re trying to make a different caliphate then? Damn how will ISIS take that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

This thread is inherently about religion since it's about ISIS. So unless we're to avoid all discussion about ISIS, then we can't avoid religious mention as a result since plenty of terrorist indoctrination uses religion and as such the veering onto the discussion was directly related to the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we avoid talking about religion? Jihadist is a religious term.

So they´re trying to make a different caliphate then? Damn how will ISIS take that?
    Jihad predates ISIS by a few thousand years.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don´t know, can you?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I don´t know, can you?
    I'm not talking about religion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about religion.
    Jihad (English pronunciation: /dʒɪˈhɑːd/; Arabic: جه*د‎‎ jihād [dʒiˈhæːd]) is an Islamic term referring to the religious duty of Muslims to maintain the religion.

Of course you´re not, you use that word differently than anyone else, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now a few thousand of years, that's quite the trick there...
    Since Islam isn't any older than 1400 years (Mohammad was - allegedly born in 570 A.D.), and Jihad is a term exclusive to Muslim beliefs.

It's in the simplest translation:
    (among Muslims) a war or struggle against unbelievers.
    the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Now a few thousand of years, that's quite the trick there...
    Since Islam isn't any older than 1400 years (Mohammad was - allegedly born in 570 A.D.), and Jihad is a term exclusive to Muslim beliefs.

It's in the simplest translation:
    (among Muslims) a war or struggle against unbelievers.
    the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.
    Ok so I rounded up :P. Regardless it much older then ISIS which was the point I was making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I rounded up :P
    you weasel !

it sounds plausible to me.

but you people just go on being "progressive".

Every point made in this interview is completely true to my knowledge. There is no joking, trolling or propaganda about it. In fact, most of this information has been commonly known for at least 8 months now, but too few still take it seriously. Even European intellegence agencies didnt consider it serious, and some of the countries already paid the price.

If someone wants to live in their small bubble and trust the political agenda pushed by US and Europe, although Europe's part in this is pretty much done due to the effects of this migrant crisis and Turkish politics in the region. Also, I'm not implying that US government is directly involved in this, but it's pretty clear that US generally supports Erdogan. His position and goals are outlined pretty clearly in this interview.

- - - Updated - - -

You can. You can be a part of another simillar organization instead. You can be a jihadist and not in ISIS but you cant be an unpaid jihadist in the modern state of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Every point made in this interview is completely true to my knowledge. There is no joking, trolling or propaganda about it. In fact, most of this information has been commonly known for at least 8 months now, but too few still take it seriously. Even European intellegence agencies didnt consider it serious, and some of the countries already paid the price.
    One has to go out and dig up all those documents that he referenced. Should be easy to prove for the experts whether he is spinning yarn or whether he is telling the truth.

Ofc that is way beyond what any of us can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    One has to go out and dig up all those documents that he referenced. Should be easy to prove for the experts whether he is spinning yarn or whether he is telling the truth.

Ofc that is way beyond what any of us can do.
    Everything he's saying is pretty obvious if you have ever been to rural Syria, Turkey or Iraq. Also, migrant situation has been clear from the start too - the only party that is saying otherwise in European authorities, which wont be for long from now.

Deleted
    Yeah that is very likely.