Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    So do we want a good liar or a bad liar as president? Hmm, choices choices.
    Doesn't matter to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, I agree what he said was not too bright as a politician. He needs to learn to play by the rules of political correctness based on public opinion. This is where he could learn some things from Hillary. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

But that does not say what specifically the NRA was opposed to. I can see them opposing some parts of the bill. Namely the one reducing the criteria for a assault weapon from 2 items to 1 item. This would broaden the field of eligible rifles by a large amount. While I am not oppose to background checks for private sales I can see where they would be. As those will not reduce the amount of gun violence by any appreciative amount and only hinders the right of the person to sell their possessions.

I think they would look at those bills and feel like it is a start to even more restrictions to the point of violating the 2nd Amendment down the road. Which one of their duties is to protect that right.

Not saying I agree with this and I am not personally a member of the NRA. But knowing their position on such topics, I am not surprised they opposed them.
    so the NRA's slippery slope argument, "any gun regulation is just another step on the ladder to a weapons ban" type stupidity....I take it from your ability to form sentences you're not falling for this shit. also the fact we already can't purchase burst fire/full auto rifles, military grade flamethrowers (homemade ones still legal), mortars or a howitzer. all while the EXACT opposite is happening in actual reality.

gotta love the NRA supported arms race between "murricans" and the police. "murricans" claim they need military weapons to defend from a "tyrannical government", and the police arguing they need stronger weaponry to deal with "murricans" yet the 75% of Americans who are neither, that just want to go to work and come home to their children being alive are the ones who suffer.... you wanna talk about fucked up cultures...At least when the Muslims do it, they do it for religion, we just let our children die for campaign contributions..
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-21 at 03:12 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    Do you honestly want me to look into the voting and show you what party voted for what? just how much hand-holding do you need, friend?
    if you give me your number I can call and read it to you if you'd like.
    That's a background check on private sales which is not what you claimed.
    I also don't see anything about waiting periods.
    So care to actually link what you claimed, did you notice I didn't mention anything about AWB? Funny how that is most of your post...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    That's a background check on private sales which is not what you claimed.
    I also don't see anything about waiting periods.
    So care to actually link what you claimed, did you notice I didn't mention anything about AWB? Funny how that is most of your post...
    you quoted this:
    Do you honestly want me to look into the voting and show you what party voted for what? just how much hand-holding do you need, friend?
    if you give me your number I can call and read it to you if you'd like.
    again I ask, what level of hand holding do you require?
    I didn't mention one word about waiting periods, you did.
    again, just how much hand-holding do you need to get through these hoops mate, ill dumb this down to pre-school if need be.

remember what you're trying to argue hommie
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-21 at 03:18 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

Just thought I'd point out that Trump rallies are gun free zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Just thought I'd point out that Trump rallies are gun free zones.
    so is the NRA headquarters.... yet they think YOU need to allow more guns into your children's schools

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Did Trump ask the NRA? If not then wtf are you even talking about?
    Uhm... His stance changed after talking to NRA... So... Yes... Unlike the assumption with Hilary, this thread is literally about Trump changing his mind immidietly after talking to NRA. 48 hours after he doubled down on his initial comment.

- - - Updated - - -

You needed to read down a little further to have seen I did admit he was wrong. Period. No need for the little insult jab.
    I sarcastically point out that Trump is pretty much responding like an internet troll and you get offended by me? Trump is insulting you, his comment is idiotic. Your reading comprehension is fine, it's Trump that's a dick for saying your reading comprehension missed his obvious comment. Where is your rage at Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

This dude already flip-flopping harder than Mittens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I agree what he said was not too bright as a politician. He needs to learn to play by the rules of political correctness based on public opinion. This is where he could learn some things from Hillary. lol.
    He cannot, because if he tries to be competent, as you said your self, he would be learning from his far more competent competition. Instead, he can just claim his supporters are idiots, to then have them defend him anyway. His support lies in the fact that he can take a shit on your face, but then have you applaud it or point at Hilary in his defense. He cannot win going tow to tow on competency, he has to rely on people buying him as anti-PC, even when he calls you an idiot.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Lol. Good point. He was wrong and saying he was misunderstood is not going to change the fact he was wrong. But he has said he has changed his stance on some issues. Even admitted he once was pro- choice.
    So Hillary changing stances some issues as well qualify as being a populist liar, but Trump doing the same thing is now having a backbone?

The Trumpets doing some astounding mental cartwheels there, as usual.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So Hillary changing stances some issues as well qualify as being a populist liar, but Trump doing the same thing is now having a backbone?

The Trumpets doing some astounding mental cartwheels there, as usual.
    these guys are pretty much breaking their backs along with all credibility just trying to give Trump a neutral venue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, that's basically how people act with regards to politics (And many other things).

"Person I like" did something? It's awesome!

"Person I dislike" did the same thing? It's terrible!
    The problem here, defending Trump means you agree that his initial statement wasn't wrong, but that you were wrong by misinterpreting the obvious. To agree with Trump here, is to agree that you have issues with comprehension of the obvious. Even though, it's blatantly obvious that Trump was wrong, he would just rather blame everyone's reading comprehension. This is your personal responsobility of Trump.

At this point, it's alright for Trump to pretty much call his supporters idiots, but his supporters toss a fit when anyone agrees with Trump on this.