Disc priest viability?

First and foremost, I understand that tuning is an ongoing process and things are subject to change wildly in the these final weeks before the expansion launches. Now that that's out of the way, let me get on to my question.

How viable are Disc priests in Mythic raiding and Mythic+ 5-mans? I don't have access to Beta so I naturally can't test this for myself. Will raids have a priest that will swap between Holy and Disc? Will Disc become mandatory for the third straight expansion when it comes to progression guilds? Will Disc be yet another novel idea but one that just couldn't perform in an environment that encourages optimum specs? Will Disc be able to heal challenging 5-man content competently?

I mained a Resto Shaman in SoO and I mained a Disc priest in BRF. I quit in July and came back in December and raided as a Hunter. In Legion, I plan on healing yet again but I'm not sure which class I want to play. Sadly, most healers seem to play basically the same except for a few changes(excluding Disc and MW of course). I would vastly prefer to be able to play both Holy and Disc versus just one healing spec. Added variety is always nice.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Deleted
    You might wanna read and post here instead of making topics outside of this. Theres even a discussion going on about it in the last few posts regarding the things you asked.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...est-Discussion

Shinbout pretty much covered it, please use the already established threads for this kind of discussion.