Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    no... whichever guy wants to woo me better satisfy my dad's monetary requirement and my taste....basically ugly and poor people are no good for me.

nothing wrong with being shallow....
    Whats the requirement?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    You shouldn't be so judgemental, unattractive people are human too
    Attraction is subjective anyway lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    You shouldn't be so judgemental, unattractive people are human too
    Well I have nothing against them, but I certainly do not wish to have sex with them :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    It's not wrong but its a bit hypocritical to be like "no fat chicks" while being an obese man. But hey if you can make it work out for you kudos, just don't go around crying when you get rejected for "I like your personality but..."
    I see this a lot among gamers. The double standard is pretty funny.

Is is shallow to like a particular type of person now? I thought that was just personal preference. Guess it wouldn't be western society without some guilt thrown in there for good measure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It only makes sense, though. Being inheritly wired to be self-biased, a person would naturally fall prey to rationalizations or excusing behavior of one-selfs actions, or even the opposite - The blaming of one-self/other, for no other reason than that of one own's views.

Everyone does it, not only Gamers.

OT: No, just as long as you can live with what that entails.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens...I've experienced it I prefer average sized women(Or skinny whatever term you prefer). I just pray they're not meanies >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I do not want to have intimate relations with a munter. If that makes me shallow then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    It's not wrong but its a bit hypocritical to be like "no fat chicks" while being an obese man. But hey if you can make it work out for you kudos, just don't go around crying when you get rejected for "I like your personality but..."
    That's basically me. I'm a fat person not particularly attracted to fat people. But at the end of the day, I don't control what excites Little Me; if people aren't attracted to me for the same reason that's fine. I don't think it's shallow.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Deleted
    I'm pretty shallow, I only date young and attractive girls

It's a character flaw I enjoy immensely

I think one is in denial if they admit it only partially.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I'm pretty shallow, I only date young and attractive girls

It's a character flaw I enjoy immensely
    You monster.

“It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances. The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible....” ― Oscar Wilde

Its never wrong to keep it real.
    Every one can be shallow from time to time.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Wait, you mean like a swimming pool?

I feel that double standard is among everyone.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Honesty is a virtue. It's good to be aware of what you like and there isn't anything inherently wrong with being attracted to others based solely on their looks. After all, a large deal of initial attraction IS based on looks. That's a fact. As long as you remember beauty fades and personality is the only thing that stands the test of time, don't feel guilty.

I'd rather have a man who has a good nature and makes me laugh than a smoking hot pipe dream that is the human equivilant of this krabby patty;

But I'd be lying if I said appearances don't matter. We're all shallow to some extent.

It wouldn't be wrong in eras where looks weren't the #1 factor of importance for nearly everything. Our era definitely emphasizes too much on looks, not enough on more intelligent values. So while it's not "wrong" per se, it should be counter-balanced by minimizing it as much as possible.

Pretty much every young person is and expects the most beautiful girl to ever walk the earth but as the time passes and those people grow they also learn that every woman has the lady parts they desire and will start looking for other qualities rather than just look. Nothing wrong with it just another process of human life.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I think one is in denial if they admit it only partially.
    Denial of what

I have no problem admitting I'm about as shallow as a stream.