Clinton Campaign Condemns Protesters' Violence at Trump Rally

Source

Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, condemned political violence of any kind after clashes between supporters of Donald J. Trump and protesters during the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s rally in San Jose, Calif., on Thursday night.

Mr. Podesta posted a video on Twitter that appeared to show a Trump supporter being beaten by protesters outside of the event. The footage also showed supporters of Mr. Trump being chased by protesters as a “Make America Great Again” hat was set on fire.

“Violence against supporters of any candidate has no place in this election,” Mr. Podesta wrote.

The ugly scene is the latest example of the anger that is bubbling over in a volatile year for American politics. Mr. Trump’s trip to California in late April was marred when several of his supporters were bloodied by protesters and, in March, one of his rallies in Chicago was canceled after protesters flooded the streets.

While Mr. Trump has said he does not condone violence of any kind, his campaign made little effort to condemn it.

On Friday morning, Mr. Trump said his rally was full of love and enthusiasm, while lamenting that a small group of “thugs” outside burned the American flag.

Mr. Trump also showed little concern about the violence as he continued his swing through California, which votes on Tuesday, with a rally in Redding on Friday afternoon. Looking past the end of the primary election season, he announced on Twitter that he will be making a foreign trip later this month.

“On June 22 I will be going to Scotland to celebrate the opening of the newly renovated Trump Turnberry resort, the world’s best,” Mr. Trump said.
    I am very happy she said this, maybe it will make some of these animals back down.

Doesn't matter if you are a Clinton or Trump supporter, you have the right to attend a rally without a fear of being physically attacked. Just like you have the right to protest OUTSIDE the rally without being physically attacked.

Partisan politics in the US is just getting worse, people on both sides are practically Zealots, and the only people who are winning are the politicians on Capitol Hill.

What else would she say? Good work, work faster next time?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    What else would she say? Good work, work faster next time?
    No, but saying nothing is just as bad when they're doing something in your name. Sanders supporters were worse in these acts and he's never said anything so I assume he supports it.

No one is really winning in this election, it's just a circus race.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    No one is really winning in this election, it's just a circus race.
    I don't really see a positive outcome if either win, its not even a case of a lesser evil. Best case result is they call the election a wash and ban them both. Ones an underworld power broker that'll lie to get what she wants, the other is an idiot.

7+ Year Old Account
    That news is almost a month old...

I figured it was a given the only presidential candidate supporting violence was Trump, but either way that's still from 18 days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

I figured it was a given the only presidential candidate supporting violence was Trump, but either way that's still from 18 days ago.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh the narrative is they are supporting the violence.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

So? Are you saying it's not relevant? All Violence at rallies have stopped? Is every story posted on these forums current?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    So? Are you saying it's not relevant? All Violence at rallies have stopped? Is every story posted on these forums current?
    They better be, otherwise its all just a farce, A FARCE I SAY!