Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    How is it feminism? So if I made a show having nothing but Sylvanas, Widowmaker, Kerrigan and the female Wizard from Diablo in it with only Thrall being the male character, is it feminism??!
    If you made the only male character there idiotic, unrealistically handsome, and clearly only there to provide man-meat, then yea.

I'm not impressed with it because it looks like another generic 201* comedy, only this one is banking on its name. Much of the humor in the original was a little more subtle in my opinion, where this looks like over the top slapstick humor. The outfits look like they are sanitation workers. The gear they are using looks like bad cosplay, proton fist weapons? Super neon giant bear traps? The neon look in general is too much for me. I'm also not a very big fan of Melissa McCarthy, I feel like she plays the same role in every film she's in, I don't find her brand of comedy to be funny. I also take some issue that Feig and others have said the only reason that people don't like it is because we're sexist, you know because people don't have different tastes or anything. I'll probably see it, but in the same way I saw the train wreck X-Men film, I'll wait for it to pop up online a few days after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Because they shamelessly use Hemsworth as eye candy but bitch and moan and the situation is reversed.
    Um, Megan Fox in Transformers? Hello?

The actresses are horrible at their job being "comedians" and it's a classic that didn't need to be rebooted.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Oh, if you don't like the movie then this happens:

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Look at the responses so far with people throwing out "SJW" and "PC" and questioning the need for an all-woman cast. That's your answer. The patriarchy and strikes again.

This is the reason why Hollywood is "taking a chance" with this movie, why there's whitewashing of non-white roles, why you'll never see a serious movie with an all-black cast. Because entitled little shitheels who are so used to seeing decades worth of all-male movies, and all-white movies, and all-straight movies can't handle the idea of a movie that doesn't cater 100% to them.
    Which makes most people dislike it more.

The whole PC argument really doesn't add up since the trailer seems to make it clear they are banging the "black woman who is from the street and really loud" stereotype drum quite heavily. From the trailer though this screams train wreck to me and I'm guessing it will about as loved as Phantom Menace was.

How is it feminism? So if I made a show having nothing but Sylvanas, Widowmaker, Kerrigan and the female Wizard from Diablo in it with only Thrall being the male character, is it feminism??!
    >4 bad actors
    >all happen to be female
    >in a series that was always male

You seem to be ignoring that first part repeatedly. People don't think the actors are entertaining. That key point is what I feel leads people to believe they were selected purely for the publicity of a female cast. Plenty of white, male actors have been shit on. These actors are shit on and they happen to be women. All people are doing is questioning what reason exists for using these actors. With how social media is today, it's obvious that SJWs are going to come up. Not sure why this is hard to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Which was bashed heavily for that aspect.

Also I wanted a movie about Transformers, not the story of pent up teens and oh yea there's some robots too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one likes her in those movies

as for the cast, I saw them in other stuff. i dont find them that funny, except Chris Hemsworth hes funny as Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    Because people hate all new movies and wish they still lived in the 80's?
    On the contrary: I think people hate seeing old, perfectly fine movies be turned into a limitless stream of rehashed, unoriginal ideas with only a slight alteration to the gender/ethnicity/time period of the movie as justification for a remake.
    Soon we'll get a new Gone With the Wind starring a female Rhett Butler! WHAT A TWIST!

Yes, and it was pointed out as being one of the many terrible parts of the movie next to everything exploding and terrible jokes and scripts. Ghostbusters isn't any different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont see it. I dont like comedies where the trailer doesnt make you laugh. Thats usually a good sign that its not going to be funny for me.

I dont buy the whole "not funny cuz girls" argument because Bridesmaids made me laugh my ass off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Oh, if you don't like the movie then this happens:

Which makes most people dislike it more.
    Only happens when the only argument one can come up with is "It has an all female cast ergo it's forced feminism"

It hasn't even come out yet. Looks to be a decent movie but all those dislikes on YT and social media like what is the problem??
    I don't hate the movie, I'm sure it might do fine to the general populace.

" What I do hate is the fact that they are making movies just like this of all kinds, remakes of original movies just with female leads trying to hang on the coat tails of a Good named series, "for the sake of making it female" if they want more movies with female leads write new fucking movies, stop re hashing shit and ruining it because you just want to see it with a different gender."

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    why you'll never see a serious movie with an all-black cast.
    I know you probably aren't being genuine, but an all black movie would have to take place in the heart of Africa or something. You can't expect a movie to take place in a country that is only 1/10th black and only have black people in it.
    There are also plenty of great serious black-led movies!
    As a white straight male, It's honestly sad to see you profiling me this way and trying to make presumptions on my taste in movies.

But when Princess Leia, Meghan Fox and some other trick in a movie with nothing but a dominant male cast, being the only female its not eye candy???
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    the main reason I am not excited for it is because it seems to be pandering to the feminists by having a full female main cast, rather than having the best possible cast regardless of their sex.

I would be much more interested in seeing a continuation of the franchise with a team of characters that are correct for the roles they play, rather than forcing the feminist agenda of "must have strong female roles"

Now that being said, I have to admit when the first one came out I seen it several times at the cinema, and I have no doubt that I will see this one too, until I have seen it on blu-ray I am not going to say I hate it or that I love it, just that I am not excited enough to go the cinema to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Yes, and it was pointed out as being one of the many terrible parts of the movie next to everything exploding and terrible jokes and scripts. Ghostbusters isn't any different.
    Agreed but there's better arguments to be made against how unfunny this movie will be as opposed to... scary SJWs.. and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    This. People are so quick to throw out the SJW/"PC" thing these days that they're starting to apply it to whatever they don't agree with.

There's a lot to dislike about this movie, and I absolutely won't be seeing it, but to attribute that to PC/SJW (and I'm strongly against both) is silly and distracts from the focus that the distaste SHOULD be on. (Studio remakes/cashgrabs/tropes etc)
    I probably won't be seeing in theaters at least because it doesn't look different from any other garden variety summer comedy, SJW /PC arguments are just lazy as shit. They'd push me to see the movie out of spite this Internet based subculture that sees a "SJW agenda" in anything that doesn't specially cater to them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

But when Princess Leia, Meghan Fox and some other trick in a movie with nothing but a dominant male cast, being the only female its not eye candy???
    You seem to be ignoring everyone that's saying 'Yes that is in fact eye candy and yes those movies were also bashed for it' The difference is Princess Leia actually did some good things, and was a fair bit of a badass. She didn't say she couldn't answer a phone because the phone was in a fish tank, or draw a ghost with boobs cause hurrdurr men only think about boobs amirite?