Thread: Bray Wyatt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Give it another 5 or so years.

Attitude era fans were typically 15-25ish. Those people are now 30-45ish...fuck I feel old. Those people have kids.

Those people now want to share what gave them some happyness, a male soap opera in spandex, with their offspring. Gotta keep them viewers. Welcome to the PG era.

Those offspring will become teens and early 20s, and WWE's PG will quietly fizzle out like a bad fart, for the rebellious angsty audience that grew up hearing about HBK, Triple H actually wresting, Chyna's huge penis, Stone Cold, The Rock will want OMG EDGY NEEDED SUK IT.

For every HBK, you have a John Cena. They cycle will repeat itself.

Tangent: is it just me, or does Enzo and Cass remind anyone else of the New Age Outlaws?
    Enzo and cass I haven't paid much attention to. New age outlaws though were good back in the day. Though Road Dogg has turned into a corporate jackass now. He's too high on his mountain top. I saw a clip where he basically threatened to fire paige because she wanted to know why she wasn't on tv for that week. Which is horse shit. You'd think she has a right to know what's going on with her.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I"m honestly curious though how much of his talk is improvisation and how much is scripted.
    if i had to guess i'd say a lot of it is scripted, but he memorises segments, then adds in his own little bits here and there. loosely stitching it all together.

its not 100% made up on the fly
    Hi

Enzo and cass I haven't paid much attention to. New age outlaws though were good back in the day. Though Road Dogg has turned into a corporate jackass now. He's too high on his mountain top. I saw a clip where he basically threatened to fire paige because she wanted to know why she wasn't on tv for that week. Which is horse shit. You'd think she has a right to know what's going on with her.

You know that's probably acting too. It adds drama to the show.

I found CM punk was better than the Rock on the mic in their brief feud. Honestly, I didn't think much of CM Punk till he was injured and took over as colour commentary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Yeah Bray's defiantly better then Owens. Whenever Owen's is on the mic, you just want to laugh at him.
    Owens is gold on the mic. Always makes me laugh in his backstage interviews.

Edit: I have to say when the Rock came back to host wrestlemania, that first night he blew away the rest of the roster.

Bray Wyatt joking around would not fit the character. I'm glad they don't let him do it. I"m honestly curious though how much of his talk is improvisation and how much is scripted.
    I do want to be clear, there's a big difference between being overly jokey, like the New Day, and having a good one liner in response, like Steve Austin would do. In fact I think that would add A LOT more to Wyatt's character at this point as people have come to expect him to just go on one of his tirades about evil being in the world.

He's going to have to do this type of stuff sooner or later, as he's been around now for 3+ years without any major changes in his character. Honestly the fact that they pretty much brought the Wyatt family back together without much of a reason is a pretty big problem in itself, it's showing the WWE is running out of things to do with him, so they can't just box him in to one category forever.

I was still so shocked to find out that the amazingly talented Bray Wyatt's brother is Bo dallas.. a man with the personality of a sponge.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I do want to be clear, there's a big difference between being overly jokey, like the New Day, and having a good one liner in response, like Steve Austin would do. In fact I think that would add A LOT more to Wyatt's character at this point as people have come to expect him to just go on one of his tirades about evil being in the world.

He's going to have to do this type of stuff sooner or later, as he's been around now for 3+ years without any major changes in his character. Honestly the fact that they pretty much brought the Wyatt family back together without much of a reason is a pretty big problem in itself, it's showing the WWE is running out of things to do with him, so they can't just box him in to one category forever.
    Yeah I can't stand the new day. I lost all my respect for Kofi and Big E when they did that. I think the only reason they still have the tag team titles is because either the WWE doesn't care about the tag titles anymore. Or they want to show diversity. I'm leaning more towards they don't care about the tag titles though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I was still so shocked to find out that the amazingly talented Bray Wyatt's brother is Bo dallas.. a man with the personality of a sponge.
    I always thought it would be interesting to see Bray fight Bo Dallas. Since they're like polar opposite character personalities.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    It's so funny. Last I watched wrestling, people like the Rock, Stone Cold and John Cena were already/still in it. Brock Lesnar, Ba(u)tista and so on. Now, has there actually been anyone in wrestling since like what, 10-15 years ago, who has risen to actual global fame like those guys?

It just feels to me like there's been 200 new wrestlers since. Every time I see an event or something about wrestling somewhere, there's another new random neverheard nobody wrestler and those who follow wrestling obviously are hyping them up. I just think that there's not been new true superstars in the WWE for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's so funny. Last I watched wrestling, people like the Rock, Stone Cold and John Cena were already/still in it. Brock Lesnar, and so on. Now, has there actually been anyone in wrestling since like what, 10-15 years ago, who has risen to actual global fame like those guys?

It just feels to me like there's been 200 new wrestlers since. Every time I see an event or something about wrestling somewhere, there's another new random neverheard nobody wrestler and those who follow wrestling obviously are hyping them up. I just think that there's not been new true superstars in the WWE for a long long time.
    Current people that come to mind as far as global fame would be the members of the shield, Obviously Bray Wyatt, Sheamus, Randy Orton (though he's MIA), Alot of the women are rising lately; Paige, Charlotte (because her father is Ric Flair), The Bellas, Natalyia (Related to the Hart family). Problem is they aren't using most of the talent they have properly. It's like they have picked who they want to be the face of the WWE and then they keep titles forever until they go on vacation or get hurt. When they get back they immediately get the title back (JOhn Cena comes to mind as one of these people).

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Bray Wyatt, Sheamus
    Paige, Charlotte, The Bellas, Natalyia
    How are they famous? Have they done anything or been in anything outside of wrestling?

Randy Orton
    Has been in WWE since way back when. Was there when I watched it.

WWE is not popular enough for a wrestler to hit the Stone Cold/Rock status. They moved away from the attitude era to market to children which lowers ratings but makes them a ton of money. The wrestlers are a lot more restricted in what they do and say.

Take for example mixed tag matches. Before women and men could wrestle each other in a mixed tag match, now whenever a tag is made the other person has to switch too so the genders match. For awhile Stephanie McMahon was the best heel in the company but which face character is going to beat up a woman? Language and sexual innuendo is also restricted.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-06-22 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How are they famous? Have they done anything or been in anything outside of wrestling?

Has been in WWE since way back when. Was there when I watched it.
    Bray Wyatt not so much outside of wrestling. Sheamus has been in a couple of movies including the new Turtles movie. Paige, the Bellas, and Natalia are all on Total Diva's and also do alot of charity work outside of the WWE. Charlotte is basically popular because Ric Flair is her father.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This... Just when you think you have the answer, he changed the question...

- - - Updated - - -

YouTube Johnny Moxley... He isn't that good on the mic... I'm surprised more people don't make the comparison, but he is Barry Windham 2.0... That's a compliment...
    ive watched some john moxley promos in the past, i mean yeah he needed some work back then but he was also young and i think he may have been into some drugs (cant confirm that). I just hate seeing the goofy crazy dean ambrose. He would be so good as a bad guy now. turn on reigns, keep seth rollins on his hit list too. be like the stone cold / cm punk anti hero that can ride the middle of the line while still being a dick

The first year the shield was in WWE i remember a sick promo dean cut. it ended with "and unless andre the giants ghost is in that ring...we aint losin' at summeh slam. believe that, and believe in the shield." SO GUD
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...