Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My money is on the orcs stealing the book of medivh and using that to get more orcs onto Azeroth, maybe ogres too etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Warcraft 2 should open with the fall of Stormwind. It would have made a pretty bad ending scene for the first movie, since the bad orcs would have won. You can only really do bad endings in movies in the middle part of a trilogy when a third part is sure to be made. Too big of a risk for the first movie that doesn't yet have a quaranteed sequel.

They could introduce the Legion into the movies in the opening scenes where some Eredar warlocks help Gul'Dan in reopening the portal.

Hmmm... Let's see.

Warcraft

Production Budget: $160 million

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $39,331,140 10.4%
    + Foreign: $339,979,059 89.6%
    = Worldwide: $379,310,199

(Source.)

Looks like it has made 2,37 times it's production cost.

Maybe you should open a map sometime? The world doesn't end at US borders.
    ... Except that is only the cost of the movie budget itself. With marketing and everything else, they need around $450 million to break even.
    Not that they won't do it, they probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    The way i see it:

Warcraft 2:
    -Gul'dan reopens the Portal with the help of the Burning Legion. Now we have the big baddies introduced. Maybe show Sargeras talking to him. Also, the Trolls join da Horde.
    -Sack of Stormwind on the first 30-40 minutes of the Movie.
    -Grom and Orgrim becoming more and more dominant over the Horde. Gul'dan brings the Ogres from the Dark Portal, Cho'gall is introduced and the Shadow Council formed.
    -Orgrim and the "loyal" Orcs lead a revolution against Gul'dan while the humans rally around Lordaeron. Turalyon and Uther are introduced along with King Terenas and his young son. Lord Bolvar leads the remaining Stormwind soldiers and young Varian is with him. Maybe show the Windrunner sisters too.
    -Final battle of the 2nd War, the orcs are crushed by the Alliance in a violent battle. The remaining Orcs are imprisioned.

It should be at least 3 hours long. It'll be missing some stuff like Dragons but i think it'll work.

Warcraft 3 can be the rise of the new Horde and Warcraft 4 the final battle against the Burning Legion in Hyjal.
    Here's a short version of what I brainstormed at work:

-Movie opens focusing on Teron'gor, the Shadow Council already having been established between movies. Dark Portal is reopened because Khadgar is a pretty shit wizard
    -Teron'gor shows extreme prowess in Fel
    -Gul'dan gets the idea that, to demoralise and rout the humans, why not use their own corpses against them
    -The Shadow Council become the Death Knights, Teron Gorefiend being the first as per original lore. His soul is put into Llane's body to add salt to the wound.
    -Death Knights are sent to Northshire disguised as normal humans, raise it, then move on to Stormwind with the Horde on its trail
    -Word reaches Stormwind, eventually the full might of the Horde arrives at the closed gates, with the Death Knights leading the army. Anduin sees Llane at the front of the army and has an "ohwhatthefuck" moment
    -Death knights decimate Alliance forces and push them back to the harbour, where a fleet is already prepared to take them north to Lordaeron
    -Politics ensue. Paladins are created.
    -Movie ends in the battle at Blackrock Mountain, Orgrim being the Warchief in the mysterious absense of Gul'dan, original outcome ensues, Horde flees through reopened dark portal and Alliance prepares to give chase yadda yadda
    -Pre/post credits scene is Gul'dan entering the Tomb of Sargeras (hopefully Sargeras and the Legion are still canon in the WCU), says something like, "the eye will be mine, and this world will tremble"
    -Movie ends

7+ Year Old Account
    the Director will escape the event of 2nd war and Beyond the dark-portal, Gul'dan and the Horde will be defeated by the alliance again and Gul'dan will die, 2nd movie start with Thrall story, at the end Thrall become the Warchife and build the new Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

end half of war2, opening with the ambush at blackrock, Alliance crumbling, and Guldan's betrayal and the horde civil fighting leading to khadgar "sacrificing" himself to destroy the portal in an abridged version of beyond the dark portal ending

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft II would be all over the place, having to introduce Lordaeron, the Dragons, the Burning Legion, Quel'Thalas...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have three main theories about the lore changes in the next movie:

1. Grommash, not Orgrim, will be the new Warchief. He'll be more independent than Blackhand, but his bloodthirst will make him more open to manipulation - probably right until Gul'dan runs off to the Tomb of Sargeras and betrays him, or until Thrall or Orgrim make him realise what a monster he really is. His redemption arc will thus be different, since Mannoroth's Blood does not exist in this universe: Grom will seek to atone himself for the crimes he has committed under Gul'dan.

2. Only one dragonflight will be shown in the movie - either enslaved red dragons or black dragon allies. Showing both would force Duncan Jones to explain why one dragonflight is good while the other is bad, which would take precious time and confuse the viewer further. I personally bet on the black dragonflight: Deathwing is one of the few modern iconic WoW villains that were active at the time of Warcraft 2, and I doubt they'd squander the chance to show his glorious iron chin in live-action.

3. More warlocks and especially necrolytes will be shown. Ner'zhul will lead the necrolytes (a la WoD) and be a minor secondary villain at first, but as Gul'dan deserts, he'll become more important, giving us a bridge to the Scourge.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    I have three main theories about the lore changes in the next movie:

1. Grommash, not Orgrim, will be the new Warchief. He'll be more independent than Blackhand, but his bloodthirst will make him more open to manipulation - probably right until Gul'dan runs off to the Tomb of Sargeras and betrays him, or until Thrall or Orgrim make him realise what a monster he really is. His redemption arc will thus be different, since Mannoroth's Blood does not exist in this universe: Grom will seek to atone himself for the crimes he has committed under Gul'dan.

2. Only one dragonflight will be shown in the movie - either enslaved red dragons or black dragon allies. Showing both would force Duncan Jones to explain why one dragonflight is good while the other is bad, which would take precious time and confuse the viewer further. I personally bet on the black dragonflight: Deathwing is one of the few modern iconic WoW villains that were active at the time of Warcraft 2, and I doubt they'd squander the chance to show his glorious iron chin in live-action.

3. More warlocks and especially necrolytes will be shown. Ner'zhul will lead the necrolytes (a la WoD) and be a minor secondary villain at first, but as Gul'dan deserts, he'll become more important, giving us a bridge to the Scourge.
    1. We don't know the blood doesn't exist. It was never mentioned in the original Warcraft game, either.

2. It would be very easy to explain the difference in the Dragonflights. You have the good, Alextrasza, the bad, Deathwing, and their families. No further explanation needed.

3. Very likely.

There's nothing left from the Stormwing army aside from simple city guards, and their allies are still gathering their troops.

The movie opens with the orcs attacking Stormwing under Gul'dan's leadership. Though the humans are greatly outnumbered, they manage to hold the orcs back until most people have left the city.

After the battle, the Horde is not united. People don't want to follow Gul'dan, but they know they need a strong leader - though no one can agree on who that leader is. We get some scenes with Grom, Kilrogg, Kargath and some other important orcs.

Orgrim appears and somehow takes control of the Horde. That may happen through a good speech, a fight, I dunno. He goes to kill Gul'dan, but the warlock has a point he can't argue with.

The Alliance has lots of people. The Horde needs more soldiers if it wants to conquer (or not be killed by) them. Gul'dan offer Orgrim powerful troops. He shows him the corpse of an orc and says he was called Teron'gor (nod to the fans), then ressurects the orc (simplifying death knights a bit so it's easier for people to understand). Orgrim agrees to let Gul'dan live.

The Alliance discusses their strategies. We get to know a little bit about each kingdom (not much really). Greymane and Perenolde have disagreements with most leaders.

We are quickly presented to the paladins - in movie lore, they're not created because of the attacks in Northshire, and were just a group naturally becoming a thing in Lordaeron at the time. Lothar takes some of them as his commanders (Turalyon, Tirion and Uther). We also meet Alleria at some point.

Back to the Horde: they take Blackrock Mountain. Some time later, Deathwing appears and offers them his dragonflight's help (no red dragons, people must be able to understand stuff) if the orcs do something for him. What that something is, I don't know.

Alliance and Horde clash. Orcs kill humans, humans kill orcs, we see dragon riders and griphon riders and THINGS! Horde is able to keep going north. They skip many kingdoms so they can get to Lordaeron fast.

Trolls see that the orcs are fighting elves, and offer their help.

Gul'dan also starts to trains some warlocks.

There's a big battle for, let's say, Andorhal. Horde wins.

Trolls want the Horde to go to Quel'thalas. Orgrim decides to go to Lordaeron first, trolls get pissed and go home.

Greymane and Perenolde had a plan that could have won the battle. However, they were ignored. Both get pissed, Greymane builds a wall (and makes Lordaeron pay for it), Perenolde betrays the Alliance and allies with the Horde.

Orgrim prepares for the battle for Lordaeron. He gets a nice new armor (which is the one he was supposed to have in the first movie).

The plan is: Horde is going to attack in a way that the Alliance flank will be vulnerable. Gul'dan will lead his death knights and warlocks and crush it.

The battle starts, Horde's winning, then Alliance is winning. That's the part Gul'dan is supposed to show up - but he doesn't. He goes to the Tomb of Sargeras. Horde loses. Everything that was supposed to happen at Blackrock Mountain happens here, including the fight between Orgrim and Lothar.

Through the movie, we get some scenes with Thrall, but he's not too important to the story. He's only a child for now.

The Dark Portal could be reopened and that would make some stuff easier, but it would also make the final battle in the first movie a bit pointless.
    Last edited by Leodok; 2016-06-29 at 11:23 PM.