Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello GoldPaw
    once again big props on your UI, good job!
    Questions:
    firstly, it seems the bag, game menu and bars buttons (bottom right) are obscuring some of the right chat frame?

Secondly, are you envisaging adding certain add-on support, example, i use domino's buff-timers and this brings me to my third question, is there any customization to action bars in respect to resizing bars and moving them in the future?
    Is there a command for more advanced settings?

Thanks again for your work, looking good so far!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Longtime user of RothUI here looking for a (temporary?) replacement while Roth's is obsolete. I was wondering if it would be possible to customize this UI like I did with Roth's as seen here. Namely, the target's unitframe position complete with the target portrait.

Thanks for sharing the UI.

Hello GoldPaw. Love your addon and waiting it's completion. But there is a little question about it.
    How could I move chat, guild, options and other buttons? And is it possible to use stance bar separate of "+" button?

really like most of the addon.

But i can not see multiple charges of skills on the action bar (no counter or indication that there is one.

I would also like an option to unsticky the actionbars per default.

The greying out because out of range is a little stark and is almost the same as no skill in that slot. I combine this with omnicc but it's still no
    dominos addon.

Debuffs on targets are also difficult to track without additional addons.

Overall i like it for alts and questing but of course you get used to speciallized things on your main from all the other addons

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this is awesome. With legion bring in elements from Diablo 3 this is perfect even at this beta/alpha state.

very nice UI design!!
    I am playing with Traditional Chinese (TW) client, some Chinese characters in the game are displayed as question marks, such as the name of NPC, the system menu (when press ESC).
    Is It a plan to have it supported multi-language client?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    But i can not see multiple charges of skills on the action bar (no counter or indication that there is one.
    This annoyed me too. I "fixed" it by just putting a weakaura overlay. It's not the best option, but it works.

Not sure if I am the only one have these 2 issues.
    1. The map seems to become transparant after press key "M", but the marks on the map are still shown. I can see a translucency map when I move the view to a light background, such as the sky, or fire. (The character was not moving).
    2. The other add-ons' icons attached around the mini-map, are placed under the layer of the mini-map.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally got around to play with it and here's a small report of my experience.

First thing first, it's gorgeous. It's slick, fast, fluid and certainly not hard on the eye. Typo is clear, maybe beside golds which feel a little too large for the space allowed, but overall visually I have nothing to criticize.

On the technical side, I have a few things that are annoyances. They're not problematic right now, but they might become complicated come Legion official launch.

• Spell stacks don't show. For a paladin, this means I can't track how many crusader strikes I have. I can't track how many multi-shots I have on my Marksman Hunter (which is vital).
    • "Multiple bosses" HP don't show. I've cleared ToT with friends yesterday - I couldn't track Megaera overall health, for instance (The hydra with several heads) - or the Council of Elders.
    • There's no way to know which debuffs I've applied on an NPC.
    • Class resources does not show on the UI. If you have nameplates activated, it's fine, but if not this can be problematic.
    • Reputation is not tracked when you check it in the UI. It tracks XP just fine, however.

That's all I have to say against this after a few hours of play. Overall, this is something I feel highly inclined to keep for a while.

Keep up the good work, high-quality add-ons like this are rare enough!

- EDIT: Just saw in your first post that the two last points are planned to be added. Cheers!

EDIT 2: PvP scores doesn't show in battleground. This can be pretty disruptive for PvP players.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2016-07-21 at 09:50 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Hi, I love your Ui! It's stunning and it's really what I'm looking for to use as an Ui!

You've said that you're still working on it? Because I would be 100% happy with it if you could add these things:

- Partyframes! There are no Party frames? I joined a Mythic Dungeon group and I could not see my party members! So I had no clue if they were dying, if they were dead or if we ever got the 5th member! But I did get a frame of my Fire Elemental Totem, but not my party members. Would be awesome if the Party members could have the same frames as pets does!

- Enemy casting bars, maybe beside the target's frame. So we know what to interrupt!

- If we could move the ui around and scale it. I can not find an edit button to the Ui so I could make it how I would want it to be

- And as i play shaman - some of my spells are bugging with the buffed/insta spells that I occassionally get. Like the insta Lava Burst or empowered Earth Shock. I hear that I have an insta Lava Burst incoming but it's not lighting in that sparky yellow color that it does on other Ui's. And sometimes the sparky lightning shows on Earth Shock when it's not even empowered. So it makes playing a little confusing :P But this might be a Blizz bugg though cus it's not bugging on my Druid.

- I dunno if it's just mine but I think the text on everything is too small and the Ui is very big in comparison. So would be nice with something that could balance both to how you would want them to be

- Bigger bags, Dungeon journal, Guild, Quest Log and all them "applications" in game, cus they are too small for my liking.

I think that was it. I'm playing on an iMac so I'm not sure if this Ui already has these things only that I'm not able to find them?
    And other than that I love the Ui! That's why I would love these changes so I could use it permanently

And do you know when the Ui will be finished? I hope soon! Keep up the good work please!

Thanks!

EDIT - As i seen above someone else put about editing/costumizing the Ui like with Roth Ui - this is what I would love too as I'm also a Roth Diablo Ui user and also need a new Ui - and I'm loving this one!
    Would also be cool if we could edit the Orbs like in Roth ui
    Last edited by Catoria; 2016-07-25 at 09:25 PM.

I also prefer my own UI scaling and definitely don't want to use the value of 1.0 because everything is twice the size as needed if you don't play on a laptop.

This works mostly by just using the interface configuration but the mouseover areas of the tooltips of the actionbar icons are not matching with the actual location of the actionbars. I get shown the skill 2 while i approximately target skill 1 on the bar.

For me the biggest improvements would be:
    -support of UI scaling
    -configuration menu of addon with disabling/enabling each feature on it's own. (e.g. party, target frames...etc)
    -ability to move things around without additional addons like moveanything (i don't like the usability of this one, half the time i cannot move the thing i want and you never know if it is a limitation of the addon or you )

I've installed this with curse client and the vanilla ability bar still persists over the newly applied ui theme. Also the diablo themed game options do not work either. I get the vanilla theme with red buttons. It's all a big mess right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurosonly View Post
    I've installed this with curse client and the vanilla ability bar still persists over the newly applied ui theme. Also the diablo themed game options do not work either. I get the vanilla theme with red buttons. It's all a big mess right now.
    I got it to work by deleting my interface and wtf folders now I have to redo all my other add ons. IS there a way to make the font a little bit bigger? I cannot read anything on the screen. Especially when mousing over npcs.

How do I keybind on the hotbars? please someone!!

Hi! Thank you for this amazing UI!

A quick question; I can see on the screenshots in this thread that some of you have the old unitframe with picture in your upper left corner. How do I get that back?
    Last edited by Hansiball; 2016-07-26 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    Hey together,

I really love the ui and recently changed from Roth UI, which I have used for many many years now. Good Job so far!

2 things that bother me:

1. DiabolicUI messes with my tooltip Addon TinyTip. The tooltips, when I target player are always at the bottom right instead at the position of the mouse (mouseover)
    Is there any way to change the position to mouseover or to deactivate the tooltipstyle from Diabolic UI?

2. Is it possible to change the target frames? I think it looks really cool and I would stay with that target frame for my healer.
    But I think for a dps class its not that great, cause of the integrated castbar within the target frame and not seeing any debuffs.
    I would like to change the target frames and use the frames from Goldpaw's UI. Is there any opportunity to do so?

In that context I would really love, if this Ui would become more modular in the future, so everybody can activate/deactivate thinks they don't like in this UI.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful ui with us! I am looking forward to seeing more updates for this awesome UI!
    Last edited by mmocb255aaadec; 2016-07-31 at 10:36 AM. Reason: gg

How do I change the clock to display West Coast time? I tried use24hrClock = false under the minimap.lua but that didn't work

i love this ui quite a bit so far, but please, switch the action bar and character profile boxes. people generally only reconfigure bars on rare occasions, but i anticipate that it will quickly get tiresome to open a separate menu before opening the gear/rep/currency windows. this is pretty minor though, and for the most part this addon is great

Deleted
    Stunning work, simply made the game way better for me since i love Diablo3's UI and hate WoW's one.

So far i've run into the following issues :

- in bgs i can't see resources / flags
    - playing rogue, the combo bar is miniscule while existant, not really usable , either make it mobile if possible or just position it in the middle / or maybe the lower part of the screen above the buttons.
    - is there an artifact xp bar or only xp bar? sorry, not sure didn't test it on beta

Again, thanks a lot for making this and i hope it reaches final status soon, it's simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    The missing elements include

• Reputation bar
    • All 3rd class resources
    Looks amazing! Downloading now..

Any ETA on the resources?

Edit:

So I gave this a try and I must say, awesome work!

However I do have some questions/requests:

How do I configure this add-on? Is there an option to move some frames around? (Target of target for example - I'm used to it being on the right, the fact that it's on the left is confusing to me)

Is there any way to see what a creature is casting? I can see the castbar on their health but not the spell being casted.

What about party frames?

Is there a way to change the font of incoming heals? Would like to keep the default one.

But overall I'm a huge fan
    Last edited by Beckers; 2016-08-28 at 04:53 PM.

Sorry if this counts as a necro, but anyone know if this addon is still going to be finished? I just checked out the screenshots of it and it looks amazing, if it was completed that would be awesome.