Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well in a guild I was in they wanted a healer for SoO (Every week prior I'd joined as a DPS). Closest thing anyone had was my elemental geared shaman. I logged it and flailed around healing (I suck at healing), when they realized how crap (I did warn them) I was they kicked me from the group and used my space to find a pug healer instead.

Pretty much gave up on raiding after that. Too much drama and bullshit to deal with. I can't help but wonder if I'd still have been kicked had they not known about my shaman though. But yeah, perhaps there are guilds out there that aren't as progress-hungry and are less strict about such things.
    You couldn't say "Hey, I don't want to heal" ?
    Like I don't understand at all.
    "every week you joined" does that mean that you were a member or a recurring pug? So many questions

I have no respect for people who let others decide what they can, should or cannot do.

I'm not going to watch what Preach says because he is a complete fucking fool but if it's along the lines of "it's your sub play what you want" then that is perfectly fine. For the vast majority of the playerbase playing what you want will let them access the exact content they desire and for the "top 1%" playing what they want is usually 'whatever I need to play to kill shit as fast as possible'. So if it is along those lines, good stuff.

Preach is an idiot though and his videos are a cancer to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    I'm not going to watch what Preach says because he is a complete fucking fool but if it's along the lines of "it's your sub play what you want" then that is perfectly fine. For the vast majority of the playerbase playing what you want will let them access the exact content they desire and for the "top 1%" playing what they want is usually 'whatever I need to play to kill shit as fast as possible'. So if it is along those lines, good stuff.

Preach is an idiot though and his videos are a cancer to the community.
    Eh, I don't like him as much as the next guy, but I dunno why people try to paint the wow playerbase/community as some sort of divine, pious entity.
    People have been fucking cancer since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You couldn't say "Hey, I don't want to heal" ?
    Like I don't understand at all.
    "every week you joined" does that mean that you were a member or a recurring pug? So many questions
    I told them I sucked at it and had never healed before.

And as for every week I joined, I meant that I was part of the guild group every week until the day they wanted a third healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I told them I sucked at it and had never healed before.

And as for every week I joined, I meant that I was part of the guild group every week until the day they wanted a third healer.
    *shrug*
    You seem to have been a guild of assholes then, lol.

If someone quit of a certain role and I'm not comfortable playing that role, no way I'd volunteer to play it, regardless the circumstance.
    That's basically what most of the vid is saying, to me anyway.

He's making a good point, a lot of people do things to help their guild/raid team and then end up hating the game and quitting because of it, when really they should spend their time doing something that they enjoy and that makes them happy. He's absolutely on point, and I know a lot of people who ended up quitting because they werent enjoying the game after they had offered to help out with a role they werent 100% into, it comes back to bite us all in the end.

I've raided as a DPS Warrior since 2007 and that will not change going forward. I've tanked dungeons a lot though and did some offtanking in TBC/WOTLK, but always with a strong convinction and statement that I was primarily focussed on DPS, and it's always been that way. I'd quit so fast if it were otherwise, life's too short.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-06-22 at 11:45 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Do as you wish is fine but don't be surprised if the RL doesn't want what you want to bring to the table and invites another instead.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Considering that the Artifact System punishes you if you've invested heavily into a spec (Especially if you're Melee due to weapon damage scaling with ilvl), I can understand anyone's reluctance to reroll mid expansion. This especially goes for single DPS specs like Retribution and Havoc, as they don't have a dps offspec they can mitigate some of the loss with through Artifact Knowledge. If a Ret want to reroll to another class they lose their Artifact Knowledge progression unless they've also kept that alt up to date, which inherently means they're behind a class that hasn't had to do that.

Once again, pures will benefit more than anyone else in terms of DPS viability.

Eh, I don't like him as much as the next guy, but I dunno why people try to paint the wow playerbase/community as some sort of divine, pious entity.
    People have been fucking cancer since vanilla.
    Don't think I painted the community as anything? I painted Preach as something.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Don't think I painted the community as anything? I painted Preach as something.
    That's the point exactly. Preach being cancerous to the community changes nothing as the community is already, and has always been fucking cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Considering that the Artifact System punishes you if you've invested heavily into a spec (Especially if you're Melee due to weapon damage scaling with ilvl), I can understand anyone's reluctance to reroll mid expansion. This especially goes for single DPS specs like Retribution and Havoc, as they don't have a dps offspec they can mitigate some of the loss with through Artifact Knowledge. If a Ret want to reroll to another class they lose their Artifact Knowledge progression unless they've also kept that alt up to date, which inherently means they're behind a class that hasn't had to do that.

Once again, pures will benefit more than anyone else in terms of DPS viability.
    Itemlevel scales with relics, not with AP. I'm at 18 levels /played primarily with world quests and afking at 110, and my 3 weapons are all at the same itemlevel. You get tons of extra relics from world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post

doesnt that mean your not team player if you cba to help out by respecing even thou you dont like it :/ ???? here the video
    He is literally saying the opposite.

He is saying if you are playing a hybrid, than play every spec of your class. Just don't play a class you don't want to.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the point exactly. Preach being cancerous to the community changes nothing as the community is already, and has always been fucking cancer.
    Did you even watch the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    He is literally saying the opposite.

He is saying if you are playing a hybrid, than play every spec of your class. Just don't play a class you don't want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you even watch the video?
    I did, but the point i'm disputing here has nothing to do with the video, but people's opinions of preach.
    I agreed with everything he said in the video, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Funny enough, I seriously suck at healing. I could just never get into it. I found it a challenge even in low level dungeons. I didn't like the idea of being 100% hyperfocused on the situation, because it felt like I could look away for just one second and someone would die.

As much as I was impressed with Shadow Priests in Legion, I passed on rolling one. Why? Because I know at some point people would pressure me to go holy or disc. With specs no longer being a thing in Legion, I wouldn't even be able to use the "don't have a healing spec" excuse anymore. So I ultimately chose mage as my reroll for that reason.

It would have to be seriously unplayable, like worse than Shadow Priest in MoP. I would reluctantly switch to arcane if it was absolutely necessary. I certainly wouldn't be happy about it at all though.

I'd pray Blizz wouldn't let it get that far, and that they'd come out with the frost adjustments quickly.
    Funny thing about Shadow Priests in MoP... I could still compete with the best of them (which SERIOUSLY surprised a lot of hardcore raiders).

Everyone is just super-focused on a "one spec to rule them all" type of mentality and don't realize just how versatile the Talent system really is, which is true for WoD and I suspect Legion as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Do as you wish... as long as you can pull your weight. As an example, back in ToT when people were pulling 80k dps we had a mage that pulled 40-45k. Did I care that he was a mage or what spec he played? Nope. Did I care that in a 10 man raid he was 1/2 a DPS when we only had 5 or 6 (depending on healers)? Yes, yes, I did.

Play what you want unless you're a liability for the 19 others who also pay a sub to play. If you're not willing to be 100% optimal for raids you shouldn't raid mythic, thats just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Let's just put it this way...

Asking this to go respec Fire is just a travesty. C'mon now. xD
    If I was your raid leader and fire was out performing ice by significant numbers (more then 5%) I'd tell you to reroll if you wanted to raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    If I was your raid leader and fire was out performing ice by significant numbers (more then 5%) I'd tell you to reroll if you wanted to raid.
    5% isn't a reason to respec *unless you're a top guild*. 15%? That's starting to get there. But face it, if a DPS can do 100k (say) and does 85K that probably won't matter to most kills in most raids. Things like moving out stuff, properly doing your rotation, etc will almost certainly swamp that difference.

He basically says play the class that you want, but be prepared to play a different spec if/when required. I think that's a fair thing to say. If you are in a raid guild at the moment speak to your raid leader/raid team. You might find that you're ok to play the class/spec you want. If not, then it's up to you to decide if you want to change class/spec or find a raid team with an open spot for the class you want to play. If you're not sure then tryout the PTR, once you know what you want to play pop back on live and get prepared for Legion.

It's not rocket science, just ask yourself whats more important, playing the class you want or playing with the team you raid with?

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    5% isn't significant though.

I don't play in top guilds nor do I care to. Unless a spec I like was literally unplayable, there should be no issues. I know how to pump out worthy damage and I know how to follow mechanics. That should be enough.