10+ Year Old Account

Can we get an Up vote Function or Agree

Sometimes i just want to share if i agree/Disagree with what someone has to say rather then just having typing words other then "I Agree"

I think agree/disagree on forums is a bad thing, you get a mob mentality going on, you get circle jerks of up/downvotes and instead of discussion you just get people using their "voting" power to try to win arguments instead of discussing stuff. The official wow forums are terrible for this, it creates almost nothing positive to have the system in place.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    the wow forums are pretty much the perfect example of why this is a bad idea.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Upvotes/thumbs (with names, preferably) would be okay - but not downvotes. Unless they are hidden and a certain number acts as an auto-report system to a mod that can check it out and deal with it. Possibly even bury posts that get so many downvotes.

Hell, if you want to take it further, make it so you can only vote once per day, plus however many upvotes you have total. So if you make lots of good posts and not just shit-post, you can vote on more posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Upvotes/thumbs (with names, preferably) would be okay - but not downvotes. Unless they are hidden and a certain number acts as an auto-report system to a mod that can check it out and deal with it. Possibly even bury posts that get so many downvotes.
    The auto-close option would be nice if too many people report a thread. I tend to see of Meaningless / intended offensive threads often during the late hours.
    I guess majority of the Moderation team is out in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    The auto-close option would be nice if too many people report a thread. I tend to see of Meaningless / intended offensive threads often during the late hours.
    I guess majority of the Moderation team is out in Europe?
    I see genneraly atleast one Global mod on at night and a couple of green mods. Reporting a thread to autoclose would cause more issues than it solves. The mods are genneraly very ontop of locking troll threads. And in terms of a upvote/downvote system you'd again create an issue instead of solving one. There are plenty of trolls on these forums it's just a fact of having a forum. Giving them the power to upvote/downvote randomly(assuming there's a system behind this which hides the post if you get enough downvotes) people would end up just following along downvoting aswell getting legit posts hidden. You'd also get people downvoting stuff they just don't agree with which isn't good either. Example political threads would be horrible they would become even more worse to moderate than they already are. But that's just my two cents.
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2016-06-22 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I see genneraly atleast one Global mod on at night and a couple of green mods. Reporting a thread to autoclose would cause more issues than it solves. The mods are genneraly very ontop of locking troll threads. And in terms of a upvote/downvote system you'd again create an issue instead of solving one. There are plenty of trolls on these forums it's just a fact of having a forum. Giving them the power to upvote/downvote randomly(assuming there's a system behind this which hides the post if you get enough downvotes) people would end up just following along downvoting aswell getting legit posts hidden. You'd also get people downvoting stuff they just don't agree with which isn't good either. Example political threads would be horrible they would become even more worse to moderate than they already are. But that's just my two cents.
    I'd hope that showing who votes would aid in fixing that. Or at least the limited amount of votes as per my previous comment. Other than that, purely upvotes only imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think agree/disagree on forums is a bad thing, you get a mob mentality going on, you get circle jerks of up/downvotes and instead of discussion you just get people using their "voting" power to try to win arguments instead of discussing stuff. The official wow forums are terrible for this, it creates almost nothing positive to have the system in place.
    this. exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the wow forums are pretty much the perfect example of why this is a bad idea.
    and this one too.

Hell, if you want to take it further, make it so you can only vote once per day, plus however many upvotes you have total. So if you make lots of good posts and not just shit-post, you can vote on more posts.
    Being downvoted to the point of burying doesn't mean a post is a bad thing.
    It can be just unpopular, much like many of my views.
    Does not mean they are deserving of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

you can create polls for that specific reason when the op only want here answers like agree/disagree. thats more than enough.

in short: its good as it is.

I'd hope that showing who votes would aid in fixing that. Or at least the limited amount of votes as per my previous comment. Other than that, purely upvotes only imo.
    Yeah adding downvotes gives the swamped moderators something else they need to pay attention to. But you'd still have the kind of malicous voting issue going on even with a cap on how many downvotes you can use. It's a tricky thing to balance out with such a big forum and a vast variety of topics.

So people can target specific frequent forumers here and bury their posts just because of them being the OP?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Sometimes i just want to share if i agree/Disagree with what someone has to say rather then just having typing words other then "I Agree"
    Up vote systems are inherently flawed and don't actually work to improve anything.