Battle.net authenticator issues (spoken to Blizzard)

Hi,

I'm posting here in case someone can help me with an issue I'm having with the authenticator. The device I'm using is an iPhone 4 with the latest software installed. I've installed the Battle.net authenticator and go through the logging in process just fine, but then the authenticator just says 'page not found' and nothing else happens. The authenticator is just logging me into my Battle.net account page and not setting up like it should. What's going on?

I've spoken to Blizzard about this and they replied saying there have been no other reports of any issues with the application. I've also removed the authenticator and reinstalled it again from the app store. Nothing appears to be working.

The device is an iPhone 4 with the latest software - 7.1.2 using the Battle.net authenticator version 2.2.0. Is it because its an older device? I'm told the authenticator is still compatible. The iPhone itself has just been recently reset.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be great!

Thank you

Hi Disco,

Not sure if you've backed the phone up through iTunes and performed a full restore, but I'd give that a shot to see if that resolves the issue. If it does not, please be sure to report this here. Ty!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Wow, having a blue here - Run away <3

So cool

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi Disco,

Not sure if you've backed the phone up through iTunes and performed a full restore, but I'd give that a shot to see if that resolves the issue. If it does not, please be sure to report this here. Ty!
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I've done the restore of the phone and have posted in the forum detailing the issue I'm having. As of today the issue is still there and I'm unable to link the application to my Battle.net account.

While looking around, I discovered this thread which also shows people having the same issue. It would be nice if this got fixed.

Thanks

Disco,

Looks as though there was an update which may have affected this issue. Please get back to me and let me know if you're still unable to apply the authenticator, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Disco,

Looks as though there was an update which may have affected this issue. Please get back to me and let me know if you're still unable to apply the authenticator, much appreciated!
    Always great to see such quick responses on items like this.

What did I just witness?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    What did I just witness?
    A forum post? Not much else? Pointless comment (and yes, pointless reply)?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    A forum post? Not much else? Pointless comment (and yes, pointless reply)?
    More like I didn't even know there are blueposts here. Like, real blueposts

Yeah, Blizzard browses and even posts on a lot of gaming sites. Wowhead has them too at the very least that I have seen. They have a lot of people getting feedback from everywhere.

Deleted
    Hmm, then you haven't been paying attention. Araxom is fairly regular poster here (support stuff).
    Despite what the common belief here is - Blizzard reps do actually read most of the stuff posted in forums (yes, even here).

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Hmm, then you haven't been paying attention. Araxom is fairly regular poster here (support stuff).
    Despite what the common belief here is - Blizzard reps do actually read most of the stuff posted in forums (yes, even here).
    I mainly stick to the alpha/beta thread and other things. So I've never seen him before. But it's nice to see.

Since recent B.net update I have been experiencing problems with Authenticator too. Something wrong happens during every maintenance. After maintenance one of two or both things happen:
    1) I can log directly into Wow, but can't log into B.net app till I reset "Always ask authenticator code" option - the error is the same, as if password or auth code would be wrong, but they're right.
    2) When I log directly into game or on site, "Always ask authenticator code" option stops working, till I reset it in options.

I contacted support and they couldn't help me (For what I pay my sub fee then, if support has never helped me with real problems?), tried all suggested ways to fix this problem, but it still there - I have to reset this damn option 1 or even 2 times after every maintenance. I have physical authenticator and it has always been working properly till recent B.net update.

P.S. Don't suggest me to disable "Always ask authenticator code" option - two-factor authentication is useless without it, as any authentication method, that doesn't require physical access to authenticator, can be easily bypassed by any trojan.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-06-28 at 07:51 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know it was possible either.

- - - Updated - - -

Never seen him in General.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosen View Post
    Never seen him in General.
    Check post history? Plenty of General posts :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Check post history? Plenty of General posts :-P
    Yeah,we can indeed see the post history after we find out they exist.