10+ Year Old Account

Question Time Walking BiS gear after bonus set is deactivated?

Hello!

I have really enjoyed Time Walking, and I am still farming the mount and some badges for toys. I hear after Legion drops all tier bonus sets are being deactivated which will greatly impact Time Walking, Herald of the Titans and twinks overall. I got my Herald achv done this week thankfully, but I'm now wondering what will be BiS for BM hunter Time Walking. I was using 2 piece from DS and 2 piece from SoO. I use a set that is good for all 3 Time Walking events. I would like to start farming the new gear I will need for after Legion.

Anyone want to take a guess at what gear will be BiS for BM hunter Time Walking after Legion has disabled the tier set bonuses?

WoD and Legion sets will still work, so probably some combination of them. With legendary world drops depending on how they function in TW. If not (and for other twinks) then it will be just the maximum amount of sockets. Off the top of my head (mainly from memory, correct me if I'm wrong) maximum amount of gem sockets:

Gloves - 2, tier 16
    Belt - 3, MoP crafted belt with living steel belt buckle
    Legs - 3, tier 13 or the legs from CoT: Durnholde which have 3 secondary stats but no stam
    Feet - 2, MoP + other crafted
    Ring - 1 per ring, many (715 +15% agi proc doesn't have one)
    Trinket -1 per trinket, WoD socket bonus proc, (or ghost iron dragonling with 3 cogwheels if it can outperform other trinkets)
    Helm - 1, coloured (prismatic in legion) 1 meta (or engi helm with 3 cogwheels if you don't have a legendary meta gem from MoP)
    Neck - 2, Necklace of the deep (might not be optimal in cata+)
    Shoulders - 2, tier 16
    Cloak - 1, if you have the legendary, 2 from a cloak that drops in FL (gut feeling there is a 3 socket cloak somewhere but I might be wrong)
    Chest - 3, tier 16
    Bracers - 2, cata + other crafted

For around 25+/- gems depending on your available gear. Gems will function differently in Legion too. The coloured gem sockets change to prismatic, and I'm unsure how the new Legion gems will scale in TW and on lower level characters.

You can see what tier sets will be available in legion here (keep in might this might change and we will get more in future tiers):

http://legion.wowhead.com/item-sets/...evel:600#0-2+1

It would of been nice to see them deactivate at certain levels so herald twinks could still use sets. Thought that makes it take extra dev time to fix old tiers when abilities get changed.
    Last edited by Mackk; 2016-06-27 at 12:29 AM.

Last I heard old sets where disabled during the initial raid testing as people got boosted to raid/dungeon level and ilvl, so old sets were causing issues in you know testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Last I heard old sets where disabled during the initial raid testing as people got boosted to raid/dungeon level and ilvl, so old sets were causing issues in you know testing.
    They disabled them because they don't want people using old niche sets to get a bonus to one ability or another pre-pull and then swapping back to their raid gear. Mage firehawk gear (t13, FL) comes to mind. Then they had they t3+t17 set (which got nerfed) only available to people around in naxx 40 or with gold to spend on the bmah. Rogues have some pre-pull set too.

It's kinda similar how Hunters could use the fruit basket to get trinket and 715 ring procs, fd and then swap gear back while keeping bonus procs.