What Are Your Leveling Plans?

Starting area, zone order, priority on quests/professions etc. Details!

I may start in High Mountain to get Rexxar early, he accounts for ~15% of your damage leveling. Also because navigating it is annoying so doing it when I'm more wide awake will be less frustrating. If I'm tired after 10+ hours and trying to do this zone I may just log off lmao.

Will do all quests in all zones of course for the 100(200?) AP item at the end as everyone should.
    Keeping up with hunter campaign as much as possible as well along the way. Some pretty annoying parts though if I try to do it while leveling in the order I want

Order: HM>Azsuna>Val>Stormheim OR Azsuna>Val>HM>Stormheim

I'm a skinner/LW so starting in HM also leads to me being able to do most of the skinning quest(s) early on then just coming back after 110/downtime to do farming or finishing up any quests around related to professions.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post

I may start in High Mountain to get Rexxar early, he accounts for ~15% of your damage leveling. Also because navigating it is annoying so doing it when I'm more wide awake will be less frustrating. If I'm tired after 10+ hours and trying to do this zone I may just log off lmao.

Will do all quests in all zones of course for the 100(200?) AP item at the end as everyone should.
    Keeping up with hunter campaign as much as possible as well along the way. Some pretty annoying parts though if I try to do it while leveling in the order I want

Order: HM>Azsuna>Val>Stormheim OR Azsuna>Val>HM>Stormheim

I'm a skinner/LW so starting in HM also leads to me being able to do most of the skinning quest(s) early on then just coming back after 110/downtime to do farming or finishing up any quests around related to professions.
    You can level to 110 in one zone?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    No you cannot go from 100 - 110 in one zone from quests alone. But all zones scale to what ever level you are so you can start and change zones as you wish while leveling to 110.

I didn't hit 110 in Beta and its been a while since I logged on but from memory starting in Azsuna as I am JC and thats where the first quests are. There are also some elementals in one of the early quests that you can mine to start that side of the mining quest lines.

See how things unfold but quite likely to start as MM. On Beta i just found myself killing things quicker and easier then BM and I am guessing with the higher ilvl gear I will see that gap widden. As I write this though, I just realised with higher ilvl gear the ability to grab even more mobs for beast cleave might be more viable.

JC and LW on my hunter. Alts are gatherers. So I'm going Azuna/Highmountain/Stormheim/ValSharrah. Likely going to finish Azuna all the way through the zone ending questline before I move on. Then hop around doing profession quests and class hall stuff as I keep going. Really like Azuna as a zone more than the others. Even more than Suramar, which I think is too dense in its mob population. HM/Storm/VS have ridges/mountains obstructing pathways. Azuna is pretty much straight line towards where you want to go. Not having flying, this matters to me.

No :O Did I word something odd to give that impression?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    JC and LW on my hunter. Alts are gatherers. So I'm going Azuna/Highmountain/Stormheim/ValSharrah. Likely going to finish Azuna all the way through the zone ending questline before I move on. Then hop around doing profession quests and class hall stuff as I keep going. Really like Azuna as a zone more than the others. Even more than Suramar, which I think is too dense in its mob population. HM/Storm/VS have ridges/mountains obstructing pathways. Azuna is pretty much straight line towards where you want to go. Not having flying, this matters to me.
    Yea some zones are annoying to navigate but they were tolerable. The feather hunters get from class hall helped a lot at max level getting to world quests for me lol.
    Retired boomer.

No :O Did I word something odd to give that impression?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea some zones are annoying to navigate but they were tolerable. The feather hunters get from class hall helped a lot at max level getting to world quests for me lol.

Something like Aviana's Feather? In that case, it helps a lot, indeed.
    Also, how do you get to the zone you want to level in? Simply walking there? And do you get an automatic starting quest while zoning in one of them?
    Last edited by Vynx; 2016-06-24 at 11:30 AM.

There are profession quests to do? Jesus.. I must have been living under a rock.

I have no plans, just going in it without any preparation since it's more fun and makes the game less dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Something like Aviana's Feather? In that case, it helps a lot, indeed.
    Also, how do you get to the zone you want to level in? Simply walking there? And do you get an automatic starting quest while zoning in one of them?
    Yes hunters get Avianna's feather essentially. Though I believe you need to pick a certain class hall upgrade like I did. They appear near the "secret" FPs you get with the perk. Including at your Class Hall.

You get to the zone you want by going to the command board in your class hall and simply pick the quest that is available over the zones map on the mission table. You get a quest to go to Dal and talk to x person and they take you there. Usually just a flight directly there.

- - - Updated - - -

There are profession quests to do? Jesus.. I must have been living under a rock.
    Oh yeah, tons of them to do lol. Every profession has several chains. Leading to patterns or more efficient ways of gathering or crafting. Chance to gather Bloods.
    Retired boomer.

Yes hunters get Avianna's feather essentially. Though I believe you need to pick a certain class hall upgrade like I did. They appear near the "secret" FPs you get with the perk. Including at your Class Hall.

You get to the zone you want by going to the command board in your class hall and simply pick the quest that is available over the zones map on the mission table. You get a quest to go to Dal and talk to x person and they take you there. Usually just a flight directly there.
    Thanks for info.
    Considering what you said, I expect a much better questing flow, compared to WoD/MoP. Let's just hope their servers will have enough capacity, because yesterday evening I had to stand in a queue lol, and they were just saying they increased the realm cap.

Deleted
    I will probably first level my druid and at some time i will going to level my hunter

I plan to level via questing with a friend, probably gonna mostly ignore professions and order hall stuff till 110 with the possible exception of picking up Rexxar as the amount of XP he gains while bodyguarding is pretty valuable/time saving. And he does okay dmg/gives a 6% dmg buff sometimes while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    uhm where the quest guys ask me to go? Lol at you being so serious about leveling. I'll mine as I go I'm miner/eng. I will avoid stupid shit like class hall as much as I can
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2016-06-24 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    uhm where the quest guys ask me to go? Lol at you being so serious about leveling. I'll mine as I go I'm miner/eng. I will avoid stupid shit like class hall as much as I can
    You pick the order you do the zones in. Not just start at x end at Y. And ignoring your class hall is a bad idea. Lol at you reading and replying like a jackass to this thread.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You pick the order you do the zones in. Not just start at x end at Y. And ignoring your class hall is a bad idea. Lol at you reading and replying like a jackass to this thread.
    I have never cared before where to start and where to go yet I always seem to hit max level. I don't even know the new zones names because I don't care. If me not being super serious about something as mundane and common as leveling makes me a jackass I guess you are right. also, IDGAF if ignoring my class hall is a bad idea I ignored the shit out of my garrison and got by just fine. You telling me class hall is going to be more of a requirement than garrison was?

I have never cared before where to start and where to go yet I always seem to hit max level. I don't even know the new zones names because I don't care. If me not being super serious about something as mundane and common as leveling makes me a jackass I guess you are right. also, IDGAF if ignoring my class hall is a bad idea I ignored the shit out of my garrison and got by just fine. You telling me class hall is going to be more of a requirement than garrison was?
    Yes I am. If you care anything about your artifact it will be.
    Retired boomer.

IDGAF if ignoring my class hall is a bad idea I ignored the shit out of my garrison and got by just fine.
    Better to stop feeding troll...

You literally HAVE to enter your class hall every so often. That's the only place you can upgrade your weapon traits.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    You literally HAVE to enter your class hall every so often. That's the only place you can upgrade your weapon traits.
    Baddies will be bad..let them figure it out on their own time lol