Help: windows upgrade

So I had to get windows 10 for the comp I'm building for my wife, so I figured I could use the upgrade on my own computer as well. I've never had to do a windows upgrade or a full restart on a hard drive before. Now I have a bunch o f files on my HDD and I have my OS and games on an SSD. I'm guessing I can use the HDD I got for her computer to put my games and things from the SSD to there while I have to wipe the SSD to upgrade to windows 10. Now can I leave my HDD alone and only worry about the SSD? Not sure how to go about this

Deleted
    W10 upgrade won't wipe the drive, it just creates new windows installation and keep pretty much everything intact, even backups old windows installation.

Now if you want to wipe/format/qformat the drive, then moving games depends of the distribution system, steam/bnet games usually work fine but "other" might require registry entries(game version language etc.), so you need to reinstall or find correct req entries, steam launcher will reinstall the required vcredist etc. when launching the game, usually included in the game folder on the hard drive as well.

windows installation allows for repartitioning(quick format, just remove existing partitions) during installation from bootable install media during, you could use diskpart also in the command prompt mode for full clean(wipe) and then reboot from the w10 install media, but not so sure if it is good for the ssd if keeping in own use. Won't hurt to remove any other hard drives for the duration of installation