Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Insulting may not have been the correct word choice, which is why I put a ? behind it, sorry that wasn't more clear. I completely understand the reasons behind why and how they rolled out this event, I'm just saying it FELT off, wrong, cheap, bad.... just didn't make me feel good about it, but not really bad either just...blech.
    I just looked at the list of stuff, told myself I was never going to get the higher levels and figured it'd be fun to roll a new alt or two since I haven't leveled one since they made the changes to leveling last year (I think it was last year). Granted, I'm an irregular subscriber, so guess I'm not as emotionally invested as some folks in the thread (and, you know, internet hyperbole anyway), but some of the response just seem... excessive.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I just looked at the list of stuff, told myself I was never going to get the higher levels and figured it'd be fun to roll a new alt or two since I haven't leveled one since they made the changes to leveling last year (I think it was last year). Granted, I'm an irregular subscriber, so guess I'm not as emotionally invested as some folks in the thread (and, you know, internet hyperbole anyway), but some of the response just seem... excessive.
    Yeah internet forum posts being what they are it's exceedingly difficult to convey the emotion and feeling behind a post without writing a dang novel.

Rolling a couple characters for this event still does sound kind of fun...because I would have done it anyway if/ when I re-subbed. Still can't help but feel the "event" is just lazy overall though.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah internet forum posts being what they are it's exceedingly difficult to convey the emotion and feeling behind a post without writing a dang novel.

Rolling a couple characters for this event still does sound kind of fun...because I would have done it anyway if/ when I re-subbed. Still can't help but feel the "event" is just lazy overall though.
    It's lazy filler stuff, but I see it as this or nothing, rather than "hey, we can make these new chapters and 5 new raids, or we can make folks reroll new alts for a slim chance at a shiny new color crystal or something".

At least Dulfy finally tossed up a summary so I can see what I'm aiming at. Though I'm horribly out of touch with dungeons, can "story mode" dungeons be handled solo or do they downlevel you?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    At least Dulfy finally tossed up a summary so I can see what I'm aiming at. Though I'm horribly out of touch with dungeons, can "story mode" dungeons be handled solo or do they downlevel you?
    All story mode dungeons (Esseles, Taral V & Maelstorm Prison (the Empire versions), and Ilum FPs) and all the post makeb FPs have a solo mode. But so far the queue finder is actually busy with people doing the FPs for the achievement credit, so if you like, you can hop in a group and gain loads of XP that way.

In my opinion I agree with the posters here that its just basically busy work for players who have been at it for a long time. Fortunately its only the final tier that is filled with the more grindy aspects. Personally I'm going for the Eternal tier of rewards, since it seems quite feasible to do casually in the vacation period. I had to delete a couple of level 15 toons to make room though, but it wasn't a big loss
    Last edited by karumayu; 2016-07-01 at 12:20 AM.

Caught a tweet about this yesterday and read up on it... quite insane. I'd thought of coming back for a month before going back to WoW, but this sort of made me not want to bother - with having to level up my previous max toons and experience this new expansion, there wouldn't be a ton of extra time (I get bored with MMOs after like 2 hours at a time).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20160715 came across this today. New xpack planed for the fall.