Thread: Elite Dangerous

10+ Year Old Account

Elite Dangerous

I Was wondering if anyone in the community here was playing or had played elite dangerous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I Was wondering if anyone in the community here was playing or had played elite dangerous.
    Yep, I've played it.

Played it for a couple of weeks after release, but the issues with the servers made me call it a day. It's one of the games I keep meaning to get back in to but never seem to find the time - I enjoyed it when it worked fine and from what I've read it's come on in leaps and bounds, especially in regards to server stability.

Yeah, haven't played it in a while though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Played it for about 100 hours over the course of a month or so. It was cool at first and i had a lot of "ooooooohhhhh ahhhhhhhh" moments. But too many things just added up for me that made it not fun. I liked the missioning system but too many bugs with it, bad features and stuff.

It's a good game but I'd honestly wait until the Christmas Sale if I were you. The game is in a bit of a transition phase at the moment.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the developer has drawn a lot of heat lately for its shady pricing schemes. And a recent patch is basically trying to forcibly coerce people into shelling out another $60 so they can have access to ships and equipment that allow them survive for more than a few seconds against the npc pirates that have been massively buffed.

The steam reviews prior to that patch were almost entirely positive. Since that patch they have been ruthlessly negative. Even people with hundreds of hours of playtime are warning people to stay away from the game.