View Poll Results: Will the UK break up in the near future?

Voters
230. This poll is closed
  • Yes

151 65.65%
  • No

79 34.35%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Whole of Scotland votes one way yet is disregarded as usual due to England.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    Thats because you're part of a larger entity. Y'know, the one you voted to stay in 2 years ago. Stop scapegoating.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats because you're part of a larger entity. Y'know, the one you voted to stay in 2 years ago. Stop scapegoating.
    Yes, but it seems new vote is on the way pretty soon. It will be interesting to see results now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post

I'm not cherry picking, I'm just stating a historical fact: the UK has been around a long time and it's worked in that time. Maybe not nicely (see: Ireland), or fairly (see: West Lothian question), but it's worked.

I'm not inserting my own biases into it like you are, but... well if it really hadn't worked over the last 300 years it kinda sorta wouldn't exist now :P .

If you insist, though I maintain it was a great thing for the world all in all.
    You've got the balls to call me biased when you're deliberately understating things and blatantly ignoring how it hasn't worked so that you can keep saying that it has worked. What exactly, is my bias?

But that all depends on what you define has "worked". If you mean it's worked in the manner that England still exists, then you could say a lot of countries and empires have worked. Your logic is blatantly broken.
    That you even think that British Imperialism was good for the world makes me laugh and makes the fact that you had the stumach to call ME biased even more hillarious. Yes, the world should be oh so grateful for British imperialism...
    Ireland is the prime example of how it hasn't worked. Scottland is now an example of how it doesn't work.

And if you don't know how throughout history, things like these have always been a problem, then you are choosing to be ignorant.
    We all have problems. The U.K. sure has as many problems as anyone else, especially in regards to its unity. Because just like how Britain now blames the EU for running them over, they too have done exactly that and much worse, to those that didn't want to be part of the British Empire or the UK.
    It's a tremendous irony.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    naively, i would think that if 2 nations does not see eye to eye anymore about their future, perhaps, each going their way is the right thing to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    You've got the balls to call me biased when you're deliberately understating things and blatantly ignoring how it hasn't worked so that you can keep saying that it has worked. What exactly, is my bias?
    Your claim that it hasn't worked because of Ireland, for one.

But that all depends on what you define has "worked". If you mean it's worked in the manner that England still exists, then you could say a lot of countries and empires have worked. Your logic is blatantly broken.
    1. Yes, lots of countries and empires have worked.
    2. How is the logic broken? The Ottoman Empire worked for a very long time too, even if it did break up in the end thanks to WW1 and all that.

That you even think that British Imperialism was good for the world makes me laugh and makes the fact that you had the stumach to call ME biased even more hillarious. Yes, the world should be oh so grateful for British imperialism...
    I'm sorry, you're clearly right, and we Brits were wrong.

Hey everybody - time to enslave the blacks again!

Ireland is the prime example of how it hasn't worked. Scottland is now an example of how it doesn't work.
    Ireland's quite an interesting case actually - had it not been for WW1 things would almost certainly have turned out very differently.

Now, I'll fully agree that British rule over Ireland was generally pretty awful, but the fact is that on the whole, the UK historically was a very stable polity. How many other countries in the entire world can claim to have had the kind of stability and representative government* the UK's had over the last few hundred years?

*For varying definitions of representative government, that is. Rotten boroughs etc aren't exactly examples of good practice after all :P .

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Would the EU take in Scotland considering how Welfare dependent it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    welfare state scotland leave oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no how will we ever live without people who for years clearly bloody hate us anyway good riddance if they cannot accept that the UK voted to leave then they shouldn't be a part of it.

EU will not accept solo Scotland spain will veto that shit straight away, and why would the EU risk another bailout down the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    That's because you are very uninformed, the Scots already decided that they want to be part of the EU.
    They can go back to the eu if they want but I think a good idea is to wait this out and see what happens in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Would the EU take in Scotland considering how Welfare dependent it is?
    Spain would probably kick up a huge stink anyway.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Spain would probably kick up a huge stink anyway.
    Spain would be virulently against it in order to keep Catalonia in line, though if Spain gets a new president soon.... things might change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    That's not the point being made...
    No the point is UK wanted out of Eu and now we're begging Wales Scotland & Cornwall to stay (even though Wales & Cornwall don't want to leave and Scotland are always moaning EU or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Spain would be virulently against it in order to keep Catalonia in line, though if Spain gets a new president soon.... things might change.
    I should amend 'would probably' to 'definitely will'.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    Well Scotland voted to stay in UK knowing this... Their moaning is pathetic,

Deleted
    I'd say scotland will hold another referendum unless talk of other countries leaving the EU becomes serious in the next few months. Leaving the UK is only good for them if the EU survives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's leave Brexit discussion in the main Brexit thread, folks. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2002569