Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So i have to sit in front of a raid instance waiting for an invite.....instead of doing stuff in my garrison or farming?

or if the raid leader is in a major city LFM people, i have to go port to the city to get an invite?
    Well, no. Raids and dungeons are there own thing entirely and don't use cross-realm phasing like the outside world. The raid leader can invite anyone anywhere, but that person doesn't phase onto the raid leaders realm until the are close by or, in a raid instance. Unless you are actively 'realm hopping' you wouldn't notice any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So i have to sit in front of a raid instance waiting for an invite.....instead of doing stuff in my garrison or farming?

or if the raid leader is in a major city LFM people, i have to go port to the city to get an invite?
    You'd still get invited, just not phased to the leaders realm until you get near him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Also, the large respawn timers on some world bosses (Galleon, Oondasta) are a pain. Nalak and Sha are at 15 minutes, why not the other two?
    Amen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Only people you can blame are the ones responsible for CRZ. Shoveling 20 different servers into one instance of a zone just to try and make it feel populated is fucking retarded when there are highly sought after rares with extremely long respawn times.
    Also this - without crz = no server hop....

and no paula the world only would LOOK dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    Well, no. Raids and dungeons are there own thing entirely and don't use cross-realm phasing like the outside world. The raid leader can invite anyone anywhere, but that person doesn't phase onto the raid leaders realm until the are close by or, in a raid instance. Unless you are actively 'realm hopping' you wouldn't notice any difference.
    How would this stop realm hoppers? Let's say I want a rare in zone A and you are in zone B, I hop to your realm and it doesn't phase because you aren't around, ok then let me try another group, this continues and doesn't change anything except I would have to join more groups to get the same task done thereby increasing the number of people I annoy.

This would work if groups didn't show up until you were in the correct area. Then that means I can't join a group unless I'm at that spot, so if I join a HFC group I have to wait in tanaan checking my Facebook until the group fills? Or go to tanaan, check to see if there is a group in the first place, if there is then join it, get invited then go back to what I was doing, then when the group fills go back to tanaan? Yikes.
    Last edited by Drusyn; 2016-06-25 at 10:01 PM.

If you're realm hopping trying to find a group where the raid leader is near the spot you want then it's likely that raid/group is formed for what you are looking for. When I say near the raid leader I mean near. Like, you should actually be able to see the RL in the world. Wont stop the ability to spam join groups but the chances of it being anyway successful is so poor that the problem wouldn't be much of a problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    This would work if groups didn't show up until you were in the correct area. Then that means I can't join a group unless I'm at that spot, so if I join a HFC group I have to wait in tanaan checking my Facebook until the group fills? Or go to tanaan, check to see if there is a group in the first place, if there is then join it, get invited then go back to what I was doing, then when the group fills go back to tanaan? Yikes.
    You really seem to misunderstand my suggestion. You can join groups from anywhere but remain on you're own realm until you are close to RL. You can join a HFC group from your garrison like always.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2016-06-25 at 10:05 PM.

Server hop benefits more people.

Thanks to server hop I'm still subscribed, farming mats, rares, mounts, you name it.

With Server hop you have a lot to do while waiting for the next expansion.

And those complaining are minimal compared to the amount of server hoppers.

You really seem to misunderstand my suggestion. You can join groups from anywhere but remain on you're own realm until you are close to RL. You can join a HFC group from your garrison like always.
    Yeah that's fine, but what stops me from hopping into your group on the off chance that you are near what I want too? Let's say you are starting a HFC group and you're going to fly around and look for camel figurines while you wait for people to sign up? Since the raid leader can be anywhere he just might be near what I need too so hoppers will continue to hop to groups on the chance that they are nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    Yeah that's fine, but what stops me from hopping into your group on the off chance that you are near what I want too? Let's say you are starting a HFC group and you're going to fly around and look for camel figurines while you wait for people to sign up? Since the raid leader can be anywhere he just might be near what I need too so hoppers will continue to hop to groups on the chance that they are nearby.
    You really think people would still hop realms to try and find that one raid that the RL just happens to be within ~100yrds of what you want? I very much doubt it. Regardless, the inefficiency of it would make realm hopping negligible.

That sounds pretty awful. I wasn't aware this was a thing myself, since I only do world questing with friends, but I'll happily get mad about it now that I know. This sounds like the kind of mod that the devs would be interested in breaking, since it clearly undermines intended gamelay and systems usage.

You really think people would still hop realms to try and find that one raid that the RL just happens to be within ~100yrds of what you want? I very much doubt it. Regardless, the inefficiency of it would make realm hopping negligible.
    Well that depends on the person and what they are hopping for. Am I hopping for hellbane rares to get medallion of the legion to sell on the AH? Pretty high chance that the RL of a HFC group would be nearby. Target the groups where the raid leader would have to come through the zone at some point in order to get to what the group is for :] Do I want the void talon mount? I can target Mythic Dungeon groups, Highmaul raids, BRF raids, CM groups.

For determined people like myself that wouldn't change anything on my end. Right now, since there is a 100% chance I will change realms I tend to only join groups where I know the leader won't mind, but in your world I would most likely use that addon and join whatever groups were available because now that the chance to hop isn't 100% anymore I have to increase the number of groups I join.
    Last edited by Drusyn; 2016-06-25 at 10:33 PM.

I've never had a single person realm hop with auto join turned off. You're probably the most unlucky person in the world.

I like realm hopping, see no problem with it.
    Bleh

Is there a reason why you guys feed the trolls and people who randomly complain about things that they don't understand but complain because that is where they are in the game.And then blame poor blizzard to fix things or suggest that their system is somehow broken...
    As stated many times before my post don't use auto invite. Another thing you should be made aware of is that as soon as they leave your group they are no longer server hoping. One would then ask why the hell they join your group and then leave immediately...because that does is put them either back on their server lets them bounce to another if they join another group. Most of those people do that because they are looking for something or trying to farm stuff that they put up in their respective Auction houses or looking for rare mounts and such...when you get there you will do the same or complain about how you can't get the mount or farm or whatever it is you are looking for. The system is not broken. Yes you have to deal with things. Welcome to the world. Even in a game you have to patient and understand why certain things are the way they are.

Also to help you further you can send a message to the people who are applying to be in your group. That being said I can understand your frustration. I imagine like everyone else you want the system to just auto populate people who are wanting to do the same thing as you. Weather that be questing or achievements or whatever else that system can be used for. However, the things that the server hoppers are using the system for is also correct. It definitely does not ruin questing or anything else for that matter. It does make it slightly more complicated though. Remember in a world where 5 million people are doing 5 million things some will be doing what you are and some will be doing something different.

The only real way to change the way the current system works is if either blizzard or a mod maker figures out how to server hop without being in a group. That would then allow everyone that wants to server hop to be able to do so without needing to use this method. It would also push the game more towards self sufficiently and less towards social interaction but I, personally believe that would be better in this particular case. But being as there are many proponents against self sufficiently right not I would not expect them to do that.

Also, remember that making a change such as the one suggested would not change LFG as a system but it would require a different functionality to be added to the game. Weather or not blizzard can do that is a question they will have to answer. It depends on the coding I would imagine. Alternatively, it also depends if a mod maker can figure out if the system can be manipulated to allow for said functionality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused.. the addon spams invites to you? I've never had this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate server hopping, but I do like CRZ. I would prefer if Blizzard merged servers, but what can you do.

Cus i LOVE hopping through every realm possible to farm rares, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    I've never had a single person realm hop with auto join turned off. You're probably the most unlucky person in the world.

I like realm hopping, see no problem with it.
    Make a SoO transmog run and watch how people join, ignore the summons they get then leave. When you whisper them they say: I was realmhopping for a Rare/insert reason.
    It still happens, just not everyone bothers with it.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

So the author of Cross Realm Assist did attempt to help alleviate this issue by adding a feature of default "blacklist keywords". Basically a list of words that you can put in the title or description of your group and the addon will then ignore your group (eg. "no hop", "no realm", etc.). Unfortunately the addon also makes it easy to edit the blacklist keywords so some players are being extra annoying and just removing the default terms.

There is a ticket open discussing the issue:

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/cro...ry-components/

I personally have used CRA to great advantage but can appreciate how this is frustrating to others. I just never use auto-accept, put "no hop pst for inv" in my description and find that I don't have many people queue who don't actually want the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know what the worse is catching people ganking lowbies /afks and when you try to help them they leave group and disappear.

I would like to go back to a time before Xrealm was a thing

Merging servers wouldn't necessarily get rid of this problem. At least since 6.2 they've been able to make multiple instances of a zone for a server if that zone was very crowded. It was very visible for the first couple days in tannan where the zone wide yell to announce the big rares would play for everyone on the server instead of just for people in the right instance.

The problem isn't really hopping servers; It's hopping zone instances. You could still do that if they reduced the number of realms but left the number of zone instances the same.

For that matter getting rid of CRZ and going back to one zone instance per realm would make hopping even more attractive for farming old rares. I guess more of them would be spawning so it might be easier to find them, but why not just make them spawn more often and leave the number of zone instances the same.