Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The problem to all this is CRZ. If CRZ was removed, this would be fixed. (Only server hopping if ppl are on your friends list - Cross-realm raiding still applies)

- - - Updated - - -

Ever since CRZ, WoW's subscriber base has been on a significant decline. CRZ is a contributing factor. It's killed community, it's killed competition in a server, hell, it even killed server-ran events (Before CRZ, we had a guild that would host HUGE world-pvp battles, all RP like. Shit in Ashenvale, southern barrens, felwood, ect. Good stuff. First time that the event was organized post-CRZ, the raid grops were split into several CRZ realms, each in a different one. The guild gave up, pretty much collapsed after that. !@#$ CRZ, and !#@$ Blizz for implementing it so horribly). This isn't to mention the backlash it's had on the RP community in general

MMOs are about the community. As CRZ has destroyed the community, WoW can no longer be considered a true mmo-rpg - It's essentially a glorified RPG at every lvl except PvP and high-end PvE.

With connected servers, CRZ is completely redundant AND detrimental to the game. It needs to be removed.
    Players killed community, since that was always dictated by the desire for them to interact positively.
    Despite it being harder to keep up communication previously, they were willing to put in that effort.
    And despite it being easier than ever to offer assistance, there is less willingness than ever to actually do anything for anyone else unless you gain something from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

or we could allow people to hop instances of a zone without being in a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    No. CRZ was implemented BECAUSE sever population was dropping like a rock. You've got the chicken and the egg reversed there.
    It didn't do a single thing to stem population drop, and has likely contributed to it a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

A lot of people are really annoyed with how it currently works and how grossly abused it is... just look at the official forums where it's so frequently made complaints about.

But Blizz does what they do best, goes on deaf ears.

A nice elegant solution would've been to make people only phase to the leader's realm when they are within the same zone. At least give an option as such...

People who say "Don't use auto-invite"... it doesn't stop realm hoppers from PM'ing you for a non-auto invite to the group, when you're from a realm they haven't checked yet for whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    and you will basically kill off lower population servers if they can't hop servers to join groups.
    I am on a low pop server and I don't have any issues getting groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    you know what the worse is catching people ganking lowbies /afks and when you try to help them they leave group and disappear.

I would like to go back to a time before Xrealm was a thing
    I'm not sure how they do that since being in combat keeps you on the realm, unless that was changed recently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Only people you can blame are the ones responsible for CRZ. Shoveling 20 different servers into one instance of a zone just to try and make it feel populated is fucking retarded when there are highly sought after rares with extremely long respawn times.
    Because rare hunting is the ONLY thing that matters, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Server hop benefits more people.
    And those complaining are minimal compared to the amount of server hoppers.
    So you're saying this is perfectly fine that a system built around abusing others because the abusers are larger in number is okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    At the risk of being that guy, I server hopped before I knew about that mod. I have a second account I use to invite myself to specific realms. The addon I use doesn't automatically add you to groups though it shows you which groups have auto-invite on and you pick what group you want to join. I only target the groups with "hop" in the title or the garrison sharing groups..
    And that would be totally okay, if either A) You only go to people with 'hop' in there, or B) While being an absurd option, filter out people with 'nohop' in their group description

Or heck. Give me an addon that auto-denies people that have that addon.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I've levelled and Tanaan geared 40 chars using this and never had a problem with making groups. Turn off auto accept. It really is that simple. Addon is a godsend. The problem is you refusing to correctly use the default interface and refusing to change. /end thread
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-06-26 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how they do that since being in combat keeps you on the realm, unless that was changed recently.
    its not hard to get out combat briefly to leave the server. That Split second out of combat is all they need to go *Poof!*

Why? Because people are jackasses. Why all hoppers just don't form like a realm hopping group, saying they are looking for a mount, hope to this group is beyond me. Instead they mess with those that actually want to actually do stuff that requires groups or join groups doing actual quests. No, people care about what they want only. I mean if someones group title says "Rumble in the Jungle" then unless they're going to do Rumble in the Jungle they shouldn't join the group.

It's been said before, it's shit. The only decent way to fix this is to make it so you only phase to the leader's realm is by being within something like 200y of them. It would stop people group hopping for rares n such instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So you're saying this is perfectly fine that a system built around abusing others because the abusers are larger in number is okay?
    Maybe if the original system weren't so shitty people wouldn't feel the need to abuse it. I'm fine with people doing what they can, within the confines of the system, to have an enjoyable experience when the original experience is terrible. Same way that I'm fine with garrison mission addons existing, the original interface was shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Maybe if the original system weren't so shitty people wouldn't feel the need to abuse it. I'm fine with people doing what they can, within the confines of the system, to have an enjoyable experience when the original experience is terrible. Same way that I'm fine with garrison mission addons existing, the original interface was shit.
    I use and support Server Hop, but I am careful with operating it, such as only joining auto-accept raid groups and making sure not to use groups that I'm not welcome in. For example, if I find a rare/boss on one server that won't die in 15 seconds and I'm in a group that would likely kick me, I'll spam hop until I find that boss again in a garrison or hop group.

With that said, your comparison to mission addons means nothing. Server Hop affects other players, modifying the Garrison Mission window does not. It doesn't matter if you're fine with garrison mission addons, your opinion of singleplayer activity is irrelevant.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Why? Because people are jackasses. Why all hoppers just don't form like a realm hopping group, saying they are looking for a mount, hope to this group is beyond me. Instead they mess with those that actually want to actually do stuff that requires groups or join groups doing actual quests. No, people care about what they want only. I mean if someones group title says "Rumble in the Jungle" then unless they're going to do Rumble in the Jungle they shouldn't join the group.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but are you implying that they should make a group and pass lead around to change what realm they are on? I'm pretty certain they fixed it so you can't do that anymore.

Deleted
    They need to break this addon without punishing the rest of the player-base, so adding cool downs and shit is off the table.

Personally I'd rather they go back and change how rare spawns work. They could change it so they are only killable once a day (or per week for world bosses) and their spawn is personal (only you and those grouped with you can see it). And rares that have 100% drop rate items now will be changed to around 10-15% instead.

It's pretty frustrating; I've stopped making groups for Tanaan stuff altogether at this point. If there's something up I join it, otherwise I just solo.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you implying that they should make a group and pass lead around to change what realm they are on? I'm pretty certain they fixed it so you can't do that anymore.
    More along the lines of just putting out groups for that. That way they join just those groups, rather than consistently joining groups or raids that are doing group quests/world bosses or actual raids. Something along the lines of saying your looking for a rare spawn and people join that one, or you join another one. Not everybody looks for rares but just something that makes it so they quit joining groups that are actually trying to do group quests or raids. It gets so annoying having to put myself back in a group for say the example I used in Rumble to the Jungle just to have the person or 2 leave before we even do the quest and having to put myself back in again or see if someone else is doing it. I'm sure some people that love to just quest and explore wouldn't mind throwing up LFG just to have people join them and leave the moment they don't see their spawn, either that or that they quit doing it all together, if it doesn't spawn while your on, try the next day rather than mess with everyone else. It pisses me off to now end

Calling it abusive is a stretch. Its mildly disruptive at best. That said, I love the realm hop addons. Its facilitated me completing many rares and mounts during the course of WOD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So I recently got back into levelling an alt, and I was hitting up Tanaan dailies.

Went to get a group for the areas, and was instantly spammed by literally hundreds of people joining and leaving every second. Confused, I asked about, and realized it's due to the "server hop" addon, that automatically joins you to groups to try and find rares. There is no filter (or not one that people use).

This has rendered group questing almost entirely impossible.

How have people not gone nuts about this, as it completely ruins the group process?

I asked the author about it, and they said "that sucks. hopefully I'll have something to filter out people who don't have it by Legion. maybe"
    Like others have said, this is EASILY fixed by not setting to auto-invite, and waiting 1 min to invite people on queue (if its realmhoppers they usually quit about 5 secs in).