Thread: Refund

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    The other thing that they do absolutely right? You can CALL them, seems like basic stuff, right?
    You can't in my country (Russia). That might be true for the entire EU, perhaps someone else might comment. I did call them back like 4-5 years ago, but since then they removed that service, they can only call you back - and then only a couple of hours a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I see part of the exchange. I don't like to read between the lines.
    I am not sure what else I can do to clear it up for you. I put in the notes explaining what was said, but if you don't believe them...

Hey, but I filed a new ticket. I will screenshot everything just for you, be it chat or ticket responses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    In before all of the "Don't preorder ever lol" comments.
    You'd think by now everyone would know that. This is a text book case of why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/hel...ct/wow/166/865

A link on their page. Who would have thought Blizzard would have a page just for refunds.
    Laws in a number of their operating countries require for them to have this available. Makes sense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Some time ago I've subscribed for 3 months, only to snatch a life-changing job offer the next day. Being sure that I won't find time to play properly and that the only stuff I could do anyways is to farm gold/alts and finish some achievements, I decided to request a refund.

No problems at all, I've received the cash two weeks later, the account was still active for 4 days after the request has been approved (didn't use it though). (funny thing, shortly after the account has been frozen I decided that I will actually play, since I grossly overestimated my lack of free time. By the time I received the cash for the refund I already dinged my 3rd alt to 100 )

Actually, I have never had any problems with Blizzard support - they've helped me with refunding digital deluxe editions which I bought just to have preorder bonuses before I get CE versions, refunding game time, helping recover lost loot before Postmaster, getting to know some obscure RaF details, etc, etc. Always treated like an extremely valued customer, even up to the point of gifting me free stuff from time to time (gametime or Race Change, the most recent example).

The other thing that they do absolutely right? You can CALL them, seems like basic stuff, right? Yeah, you can't call many of the support centers for online games, including Riot Games. Blizzard call support is absolutely marvellous, by the way.
    It is.

But people need to remember how far Blizzard are willing to be pushed :P
    Think about it. You are entitled to a refund for reasons. But, you shouldn't be allowed one if you've paid for it, used it, benefited from it.

Blizzard didn't refund me a store mount once upon a time because I benefited from it. I'd been using it every hour since I got it and it was only about 2 days after. Saying a refund window had closed because too much time has passed is their go-to excuse.

I have refunded Legion 2 times before I finally kept my pre-order.

So yes you can get a refund as long as you bought it from blizzard. I recommend using there online chat support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Laws in a number of their operating countries require for them to have this available. Makes sense imo.
    Yep and EU has better laws then the US on this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have refunded Legion 2 times before I finally kept my pre-order.

So yes you can get a refund as long as you bought it from blizzard. I recommend using there online chat support.
    Did you use the character boost service?

Just wondering (I was declined based on that, see post 11, I made a repeat ticket now and am trying again).

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Did you use the character boost service?

Just wondering (I was declined based on that, see post 11, I made a repeat ticket now and am trying again).
    Yep used it on a hunter.

I highly recommend not using there ticket support. Use there online chat support much faster and better.

If it matters any I am in the US.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Just got an answer to my repeat web ticket asking for a refund. It is:

---------
    We were unable to complete your refund on a World of Warcraft game purchase.

Order #: ...
    Product: World of Warcraft: Legion

Reasons this may happen:

- Too much time has passed since the game was purchased.

If you didn't request this refund, make sure your account is secure ...
    ---------

Replied insisting that it does not matter how much time has passed since the game was purchased, and that according to EU law I am entitled to a full refund because I did not receive a full product bla bla bla.

Will keep you posted.

But please stop saying that Blizzard customer support is so great. It is not.

i pre-ordered legion last week, can i still get a refund?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Just got an answer to my repeat web ticket asking for a refund. It is:

---------
    We were unable to complete your refund on a World of Warcraft game purchase.

Order #: ...
    Product: World of Warcraft: Legion

Reasons this may happen:

- Too much time has passed since the game was purchased.

If you didn't request this refund, make sure your account is secure ...
    ---------

Replied insisting that it does not matter how much time has passed since the game was purchased, and that according to EU law I am entitled to a full refund because I did not receive a full product bla bla bla.

Will keep you posted.

But please stop saying that Blizzard customer support is so great. It is not.
    They also know you are the biggest moan bag on these forums.. so ofcourse they are not going to help you :P.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    i pre-ordered legion last week, can i still get a refund?
    If you pre-ordered it from blizzard yes.

I highly recommend using there online chat support since IMO it works much better.

Hey, Eon Drache and others saying that Blizzard are "for sure" refunding Legion regardless of anything bla bla bla, I got an update for you. My repeat ticket seems to have gotten the "final" answer.

Here you go, the entire exchange, sorry for the waste of space in Blizzard's reply #1, that's not me, that's them. Everything done today:

What now? Sue, right?

Stop saying this BS about Blizzard customer support being great. Stop saying this BS about them refunding Legion left and right. I have two friends who tried to get a refund and couldn't, and you can look at me trying to get that refund and failing - TWICE - right in the images here and on the previous page.

Blizzard customer support is only great and ready to refund here on these forums, in someone's imagination. When the rubber hits the road, surprise, "it's too late, ah, no, it's not that, it's that you used character boost, nee nee nee, no refund for you".