Laptop suggestions

Hi!! I'm looking for a good laptop for playing and coding. I'll use Maya and Unity and play Blizzard's games.
    Is there anything decent at around $1200 or less?

Something like this maybe?
    https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE72-Apac...nts=p_89%3AMSI
    https://www.amazon.com/GL752VW-DH74-...ts=p_89%3AAsus

Not sure what you need for maya or unity though, for gaming it should be decent, now if you don't need one right away, some new laptops may be out soon with the new mobile versions of the Nvidia and AMD GPU's.

You could look into Sager if you want something more custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Something like this maybe?

Not sure what you need for maya or unity though, for gaming it should be decent, now if you don't need one right away, some new laptops may be out soon with the new mobile versions of the Nvidia and AMD GPU's.

You could look into Sager if you want something more custom.
    The MSI doesn't seem bad at all. A 970 would cost too much?
    I planned on buying tomorrow actually :P as I need to start working with it by July

Quote Originally Posted by biko View Post
    The MSI doesn't seem bad at all. A 970 would cost too much?
    I planned on buying tomorrow actually :P as I need to start working with it by July
    Yeah that's the main problem I have with laptops, since they are all premade you need to buy what's available, if you want one with a stronger GPU you will end up in the 1500+$ category unless you can find one on sale.

Yeah that's the main problem I have with laptops, since they are all premade you need to buy what's available, if you want one with a stronger GPU you will end up in the 1500+$ category unless you can find one on sale.
    I've found one on sale actually, but US sites usually don't ship to EU :*(
    What would some cheap laptops with 970 be? I've seen some cheap ones but without an i7 6700 and I don't think it's that good to miss it

Can you post from where you are looking to buy so the help can be easier? Posting random laptops is a bit eh..

Any laptop with a 960M will do your job as long as it has one of the 4 cores i5's or i7, there is a list, google and find out if you wanna manually search which notebook CPU's those are, Lenovo/Clevo OEM laptops are around that cost, the cheaper MSI ones are around 1200$ too.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-06-26 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Can you post from where you are looking to buy so the help can be easier? Posting random laptops is a bit eh..

Any laptop with a 960M will do your job as long as it has one of the 4 cores i5's or i7, there is a list, google and find out if you wanna manually search which notebook CPU's those are, Lenovo/Clevo OEM laptops are around that cost, the cheaper MSI ones are around 1200$ too.
    You're right, sorry. I live in Italy. I can go a little above IF it's worth it. I don't want it to be like my last laptop: burning like hell, so much I couldn't use it; was fine for the time as hardware, but not usable...

You're right, sorry. I live in Italy. I can go a little above IF it's worth it. I don't want it to be like my last laptop: burning like hell, so much I couldn't use it; was fine for the time as hardware, but not usable...
    You still didnt link a site :P

But still, Lenovo laptops have what you need without being overpriced.

MSI laptops in Europe tend to not be around 1.2K$ dollars and more like 1.500 euros

Well to stay with MSI, might be a bit over budget, but here goes https://www.amazon.it/MSI-Gaming-GE6...6964626&sr=1-4

my italian is pretty basic (not to say mostly nonexistent) so may wanna read carefully.

You still didnt link a site :P

But still, Lenovo laptops have what you need without being overpriced.

MSI laptops in Europe tend to not be around 1.2K$ dollars and more like 1.500 euros
    Any Italian site: eprice, amazon, ekey...
    more like 1.500 euros <<<< exactly :\ :\
    I don't know about Lenovo; I was thinking more about Dell / MSI / Acer

Well to stay with MSI, might be a bit over budget, but here goes

my italian is pretty basic (not to say mostly nonexistent) so may wanna read carefully.
    Almost the same specs; if it's not a gtx970m + 6700hq at least, there's something for a bit less than that one too

http://www.eprice.it/portatili-ASUS/d-8734145 Small screen but SSD. < Highly recommended for its price, the small screen is a turn off but you get everything needed and use an external-HDD if you need that much space.

Everything else is either 1500e or above or doesnt have a SSD or is an old laptop with a 4720 and not a 6700HQ.

http://www.eprice.it/portatili-ACER/d-8572555 Not bad also, same money, tons of storage and the SSD for Windows + Main game is fine.

You dont need a 970m, plus you wont find a laptop with a 970m below 1.4e and you wont find one below 1.4-1.5k with SSD.

And since it seems we have the same prices, your 970m laptops seem to start from 1.6K to 1.8K.

Simply not worth it.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-06-26 at 06:50 PM.

Small screen but SSD. < Highly recommended for its price, the small screen is a turn off but you get everything needed and use an external-HDD if you need that much space.

Everything else is either 1500e or above or doesnt have a SSD or is an old laptop with a 4720 and not a 6700HQ.

Not bad also, same money, tons of storage and the SSD for Windows + Main game is fine.

You dont need a 970m, plus you wont find a laptop with a 970m below 1.4e and you wont find one below 1.4-1.5k with SSD.

And since it seems we have the same prices, your 970m laptops seem to start from 1.6K to 1.8K.

Simply not worth it.
    Ok, I thought it was way better.. so 970 not worth it? Benchmarks seem to say it does somehow on Overwatch
    Of the two I think the first one is better

Ok, I thought it was way better.. so 970 not worth it? Benchmarks seem to say it does somehow on Overwatch
    Of the two I think the first one is better
    970m is better, but it also costs averagely 400-500e more to get in a laptop.

If you have the money go for it, if you dont them 960m should do it.

Wait, are you confusing 970 with 970m? They are massively different!

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Overwat....166833.0.html

Read here to understand..Basically your 960m with a mix of High/Medium settings and easily have 80 FPS if not more if you min-max things.

960M is perfectly capable of playing Overwatch.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-06-26 at 10:18 PM.

970m is better, but it also costs averagely 400-500e more to get in a laptop.

If you have the money go for it, if you dont them 960m should do it.

Wait, are you confusing 970 with 970m? They are massively different!

Read here to understand..Basically your 960m with a mix of High/Medium settings and easily have 80 FPS if not more if you min-max things.

960M is perfectly capable of playing Overwatch.
    The fact is I'd like to avoid buying another laptop, say, next year... as you can see, buying laptops is the worst thing here :\
    500e more for it seems too much isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

How about I buy one from the US and use some service to ship here?

The fact is I'd like to avoid buying another laptop, say, next year... as you can see, buying laptops is the worst thing here :\
    500e more for it seems too much isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

How about I buy one from the US and use some service to ship here?
    I don't recommend doing that, shipping will be very expensive and you will have to pay import taxes.

Either buy the best you can afford or save more money and buy what you want, just know that laptop versions of GPU's are around 30% slower then their desktop versions. Unless some sale you are not going to find a better laptop for the same price as the ones we advised.

I don't recommend doing that, shipping will be very expensive and you will have to pay import taxes.

Either buy the best you can afford or save more money and buy what you want, just know that laptop versions of GPU's are around 30% slower then their desktop versions. Unless some sale you are not going to find a better laptop for the same price as the ones we advised.
    How much would that be? I thought it wasn't much and services like shipito.com could be fine; even then, never tried, so I can't say.