Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anton Yelchin found dead

Seems that 2016 has taken another.

Anton Yelchin has just been found pinned between his car and his brick mailbox.
    He is most famous for portraying Chekov in the J.J. Abrams Star Trek reboot.

Only 27, that is way too young.

RIP

My prayers go out to his family.

Seems everybody is dying these days.

Its hard to resist pointing out that everybody dying is a common occurrence.

Already a thread on it and must been one terrified dude as he was slowly pinned to dead behind his car... Probably not as terrifying as being part of the shitty new trek verse but ya
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

I liked him as an actor, other than that I don't really care
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Yeah pretty sad, and died from a freak accident. His car rolled back on him in his driveway apparently which is crazy. Liked him enough as an actor. RIP

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friends discovered the young actor's body after Yelchin was several hours late for a scheduled rehearsal on Saturday night. "They went to his San Fernando Valley home at around 1AM and found him pinned between his car and a brick mailbox, which was attached to a security gate," the report claims. The engine was apparently still running, with the car placed in neutral.
    Source

It's probably a combination of several shitty circumstances such as a loose emergency break, didn't engage the emergency break properly and/or not turning the wheels in to the curb or away if on a slope. I mean, who knows how far the car was between him and the brick mailbox but it must have been pretty close and sudden if he couldn't move out of the way.

It's a real bummer though and a real shitty way to go. Guy had a lot of talent and seemed like someone with a good heart.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-06-20 at 12:52 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Damn that's some Final Destination moment right there (possibly less elaborate). There's a reason why those movies actually scared me unlike 99% of the others horror films.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Is this the month of people dying for no good reason?

That sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Its hard to resist pointing out that everybody dying is a common occurrence.
    One report called it "A bizarre death."

Like really dude? Dying in a car crash is a "bizarre death?"

Getting impaled by a stingray is a bizarre death (unless you're Steve Irwin.) Car crash, not so much.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Getting impaled by a stingray is a bizarre death (unless you're Steve Irwin.) Car crash, not so much.
    Your own car rolling back and crushing you against your mailbox is very much not a "car crash"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

He didn't die in a "regular" Car crash. He was checking his Mail and his car was at the top of his driveway and rolled down and pinned him against a Wall.

Also, another Celebrity member of the 27 club.

Deleted

But it wasn't a car crash?

The dude was pinned down inbetween his car and his wall/gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Source

It's probably a combination of several shitty circumstances such as a loose emergency break, didn't engage the emergency break properly and/or not turning the wheels in to the curb or away if on a slope. I mean, who knows how far the car was between him and the brick mailbox but it must have been pretty close and sudden if he couldn't move out of the way.

It's a real bummer though and a real shitty way to go. Guy had a lot of talent and seemed like someone with a good heart.
    Supposedly he exited the vehicle with out even putting it in park (he had it in neutral)

Deleted
    I wonder how much distance there was between the mailbox and the car when the car started moving. I can easily push my car around a bit when its in neutral, so its either one big ass car or it gained quite a bit of speed.

Never watched star trek but I still feel sorry for the guy and his family. Its a shitty way to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Supposedly he exited the vehicle with out even putting it in park (he had it in neutral)
    The driveway can't be that steep then, or you would notice it right away when you exit the vehicle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I wonder how much distance there was between the mailbox and the car when the car started moving. I can easily push my car around a bit when its in neutral, so its either one big ass car or it gained quite a bit of speed.

Never watched star trek but I still feel sorry for the guy and his family. Its a shitty way to die.

- - - Updated - - -

The driveway can't be that steep then, or you would notice it right away when you exit the vehicle.
    I think the break was actually on, just not fully, because looking at the picture of where this happened, the driveway was quite steep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    I think the break was actually on, just not fully, because looking at the picture of where this happened, the driveway was quite steep.
    Maybe a stupid question, but since you've seen the place was there a reason for him to park his car that far away from his mailbox? I'm quite lazy with those kind of things would've parked my car as close as I possibly could.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but since you've seen the place was there a reason for him to park his car that far away from his mailbox? I'm quite lazy with those kind of things would've parked my car as close as I possibly could.
    Probably one of those moments where he's driven up the driveway and thought "ahh fuck.. need the mail" and figured would be faster to quickly jump out and grab it than to reverse.

I remember coming up with this scenario when we were discussing the most pointless and humiliating ways to die. Such a waste, was hoping to see more of him in future movies.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Probably one of those moments where he's driven up the driveway and thought "ahh fuck.. need the mail" and figured would be faster to quickly jump out and grab it than to reverse.
    Oh yeah I did not think of those moments, I have that from time to time as well.

Getting indirectly killed by mail is something you would read in a bad novel.