WoD weapon enchants

So today I noticed that the Warlords weapon enchants are capped at ilvl 749. Artifacts start at 750. Ergo, no WoD enchants on any artifacts. Haven't checked scopes as I put mine on weeks ago.

Anyone have info about this? Seems intended with the wording on the enchants going up to 749.

They have stated that artifacts are cool enough without enchants and that their will be no weapon enchants on artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    They have stated that artifacts are cool enough without enchants and that there will be no weapon enchants on artifacts.
    Any link to hearing that?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was in the dev Q&A yesterday. Probably check the recap here on MMO, or Wowhead.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    They have stated that artifacts are cool enough without enchants and that their will be no weapon enchants on artifacts.
    Plus necklace enchants will kind of replace weapon enchants in Legion.

Was stated on the profession q&a this Thursday.

I do actually recall something like that being said, pretty much due to their significantly more varied progression.
    Though again I don't have a link.
    An enchant on the artifact serves much less of a purpose than it does on anything else.

Though you don't need a quote to prove that, just look at the following which filters enchanting by recipes added in Legion.
    Note the lack of weapon enchants.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spells/pro...1:7;0:0#0+17+1

Edit: Q and A quote.

Enchantments
    There aren't weapon enchants in Legion, as your Artifact weapon already has lots of exciting effects.
    Runeforging is a Death Knight class thing, not really enchantments, so it is staying.
    Neck enchants are the interesting enchants in Legion.
    You can transmog weapon enchants onto your weapon if you are interested in the visuals.
    Legion Developer Q&A - Professions
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-25 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Any link to hearing that?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/