Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

What's next for Blizzard?

Currently, Blizzard has an MMO, an RTS, an action RPG, a CCG, an FPS, and a MOBA. Clearly they want to focus on genres that offer a multiplayer experience, so when Blizzard unveils their next game, what multiplayer genre do you think it might be? A fighting game, like Street Fighter? A combat racing game like Mario Kart? What do you think they have up their sleeves?

Id hope somthing new for the warcraft IP. Wow needs to be refreshed with WoW2 or we need Warcraft 4.

Single-player RPG.

DO IT, DAMN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Single-player RPG.

DO IT, DAMN IT!
    They already have.

It's called WoW.

Next diablo3 expansion. Will include druids as new class and finishes the storyline of d3 that is still unfinished.

After that they will do a single player rpg based in warcraft world, but it is not wow. I'm not saying that wow is dying, but it has lost lot of subscriptions. Yet, they want to milk wow as long as possible so they will keep releasing expansions for it as long as it is deemed profitable. At the same time they want more money from warcraft so they will produce an rpg because (I think) RTS are sort of not "trendy" anymore. This will be what produces next big warcraft storyline. All the new important characters. They can make it happen next to wow.

After that... I don't know, but what I just wrote above. I think it is likely. Starcraft has been "used". Diablo3 has been used and if it gets expansion it is recently "used". As far as warcraft goes, wow is everything. Warcraft has just got expansions for wow for quite a long time. Storyline is hard to progress in wow. So in a way Warcraft is not "used"... it is next in line for stuff to happen and it needs to be a type of game where they can really make a storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's pretty clear that Diablo is getting something soon -- probably an announcement at Blizzcon. Otherwise I really don't know, but I doubt they will release a new IP for quite a while at least.

Overwatch story mode maybe? :P
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Will include druids as new class
    I wish I was that lucky. Can remain hopeful though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting a D3 expansion, although I'm more hopefully for a Warcraft/fantasy RTS, or even the remastered versions of 1-3.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I'm expecting a D3 expansion, although I'm more hopefully for a Warcraft/fantasy RTS, or even the remastered versions of 1-3.
    I think they already leaked/confirmed they were working on remasters of old games with a couple job postings a year or two ago I believe.

Yeah just looked it up, though the job posting no longer exists.

Job Description:
    Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.

Responsibilities:
    Make gameplay first again on modern operating systems.
    Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
    Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
    Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
    Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-06-25 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    World of Starcraft

Handheld versions of warcraft / starcraft. on ios and android.

nerfing fun wow classes until they are no longer fun

I still think a fighting game with Blizzard characters would be cool. So you could put Blizzard characters 1v1 in Mortal Kombat style matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile games - it seems to be the thing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    They already have.

It's called WoW.
    Heh.

But really, I doubt we'll see anything completely new for a while. They have now 6 games to focus on keeping updated, so if anything they might go back and redo some older games, but that's about it in my opinion.

They prolly just wanna be big in Japan with heartstone...money is what mobile is....yawn
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Single-player RPG.

DO IT, DAMN IT!
    Not sure how well they would do with one. Blizzard excels with game systems and general gameplay, never thought their storytelling was anything to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Id hope somthing new for the warcraft IP. Wow needs to be refreshed with WoW2 or we need Warcraft 4.
    I can't see how you could establish a sequel to WoW, only because that's pretty much what all these expansions did. So I'm not sure what would be left for another WoW title that an expansion can't accomplish.

But I and I'm sure several others would LOVE a Warcraft 4. Change out some units, rework some building/unit/environmental designs, better graphics(obviously), new maps and I guarantee it'd be another big success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Diablo is getting something soon -- probably an announcement at Blizzcon. Otherwise I really don't know, but I doubt they will release a new IP for quite a while at least.

Overwatch story mode maybe? :P
    Overwatch fans have gone over this and there's no way in hell that go well. It's almost unthinkable to make a Story Mode for a game that has 20+ characters and will continue to introduce new ones. You'd either leave out tons of characters to focus on specific ones, or make an insanely lenghty story.

Deleted
    World of Starcraft maybe? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Not sure how well they would do with one. Blizzard excels with game systems and general gameplay, never thought their storytelling was anything to write home about.
    Good writing in RPGs has been dead for a while.

Or, at least, good endings.