Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    rehgar helps shamis.....
    valeera helps the rogues....
    rexxar helps the hunters.....
    and i think even broll helps the druids.

aha, very "forgotten".
    Rexxar should have a major role for all he did, and can do, not help some huntards on class hall, actually is what i think

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    he also helps us with the elemental lords if i remember correctly, not sure tho.
    He "helps" you in recruiting the final Elemental Lord, fire.

by mostly running on your side as passive guardian, that's all.

Maybe he's simply too busy to travel to stormwind and they wanted the focus to be on the ALLIANCE leaders reacting to the news. There was really no time to shove Rhegar in there. His absence is hardly a huge gaffe, if anything it would have been nice to see Valeera and Broll there since they were his companions, I would expect to hear complaints that we don't get a reaction from Valeera to his death more than I would complain about Rhegar not showing up.

Deleted
    I still can't get over Valeera not being acknowledged at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I still can't get over Valeera not being acknowledged at all.
    She is at least a Rogue follower and on the council of shadows, and even heavily involved in the sub artifact quest, but there really should be a mention of her reaction to Varian at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    She is at least a Rogue follower and on the council of shadows, and even heavily involved in the sub artifact quest, but there really should be a mention of her reaction to Varian at some point.
    I know about all that which increases my annoyance, actually.

I mean, I have to imagine a lot of stuff in this franchise on my own. What the Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I know about all that which increases my annoyance, actually.

I mean, I have to imagine a lot of stuff in this franchise on my own. What the Hell.
    I guess some things they just don't have time to put in. Still I'm largely just glad that Valeera's finally having a non cameo role in the game. We need more recurring rogue characters.

Deleted
    I guess some things they just don't have time to put in. Still I'm largely just glad that Valeera's finally having a non cameo role in the game. We need more recurring rogue characters.
    They have all been there all the time, everywhere...

You just couldn't see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Wrong - it was Jaina.

PS - Stop spreading lie Varian isn't dead. Broken Shore is Wrathgate 2.0 so Wrynn is alive but his fate probably will be unknown till the end of Legion.
    O-Oh I'm sorry, did you have some inside sources you wanted to share with us? Or is that just empty conjecture?

I'm pretty sure Valeera or Broll would kill him because they aren't fucking insane and didn't decide they loved being enslaved because reasons.

Rehgar's character really makes no sense. He went from slaver to being highly respected shaman in both the horde and the earthen ring for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    O-Oh I'm sorry, did you have some inside sources you wanted to share with us? Or is that just empty conjecture?

I don't own a copy of the comics to verify but WoWpedia states Jaina gave him the blades.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Shalamayne

EDIT: Oh wait you were probably talking about the Varian thing not the sword thing, my bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong - it was Jaina.

PS - Stop spreading lie Varian isn't dead. Broken Shore is Wrathgate 2.0 so Wrynn is alive but his fate probably will be unknown till the end of Legion.
    He's most likely dead, I don't know what makes you think he's alive. Nobody, not even Anduin, is saying anything about Varian being missing or any ambiguity about his fate at all. Is it possible? Sure, but while you're free to theorize that he MAY be alive, at least until we see the cutscene which may or may not verify his death 100%, there's sure as hell no reason to ASSERT that he's alive, especially with so much emphasis being put on Anduin getting character development. Story wise it makes perfect sense to kill Varian here.

Despite Rehgar fandom, him being at Varian's funeral is totally inappropriate. And makes little sense even if the Alliance and Horde were on good terms.

Being a slave to someone is a pretty hard thing to forgive.

As others have pointed out, Valeera and Broll's absences are the more serious ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    Despite Rehgar fandom, him being at Varian's funeral is totally inappropriate. And makes little sense even if the Alliance and Horde were on good terms.

Being a slave to someone is a pretty hard thing to forgive.

As others have pointed out, Valeera and Broll's absences are the more serious ones.
    Varian was not a slave, he was a Gladiator, Varian already meted with Rehgar once in the comic after Varian become the king, there was no hard feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    He's most likely dead, I don't know what makes you think he's alive. Nobody, not even Anduin, is saying anything about Varian being missing or any ambiguity about his fate at all. Is it possible? Sure, but while you're free to theorize that he MAY be alive, at least until we see the cutscene which may or may not verify his death 100%, there's sure as hell no reason to ASSERT that he's alive, especially with so much emphasis being put on Anduin getting character development.
    First - we didn't saw his body and still don't know for sure was it in the coffin or not. Second as i said Broken Shore is Wrathgate 2.0 so Bolvar = Varian. And back in WotLK we all was sure hes dead for good. Except one dragon talk - legion have same trick - Goldrinn spirit and crying Tiffin. Ofcourse we need cinematic but i'm sure blizzard don't show us his death and left mystery.

Story wise it makes perfect sense to kill Varian here.
    Or make us and Anduin believe what hes dead. I mean Varian can be "dead" whole Legion and shows up in one of the next expansion.

PS At blizzcon when they announced Legion IIRC blizzard said what they wanna put Varian's character progression in new different direction. King is dead - Hello Lo'Gosh.

First - we didn't saw his body and still don't know for sure was it in the coffin or not. Second as i said Broken Shore is Wrathgate 2.0 so Bolvar = Varian. And back in WotLK we all was sure hes dead for good. Except one dragon talk - legion have same trick - Goldrinn spirit and crying Tiffin. Ofcourse we need cinematic but i'm sure blizzard don't show us his death and left mystery.

Or make us and Anduin believe what hes dead. I mean Varian can be "dead" whole Legion and shows up in one of the next expansion.

PS At blizzcon when they announced Legion IIRC blizzard said what they wanna put Varian's character progression in new different direction. King is dead - Hello Lo'Gosh.
    It's fine to speculate, I'm not saying your theory is impossible, only that it has no evidence to assert that it's the truth or even likely. Sure, it's possible he survived. But making him go Logosh again wouldn't be a 'new' direction it would be regression. Varian put that life behind him when he realized he had a son and kingdom to take care of, and I think it would be rather bizaare to have him go Lo'gash the Barbarian. We'll have to wait and see, but so far there's no indication he survived. If the cinematic comes out and we don't see him die etc, then yeah the theory may hold some weight, but right now it's just speculation. And I'm not saying don't speculate, I'm saying don't act like said speculation has more weight behind it than it does.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Varian was not a slave, he was a Gladiator, Varian already meted with Rehgar once in the comic after Varian become the king, there was no hard feelings.
    Varian was definitely a slave and he definitely had Stockholm syndrome.

7+ Year Old Account
    But making him go Logosh again wouldn't be a 'new' direction it would be regression. Varian put that life behind him when he realized he had a son and kingdom to take care of, and I think it would be rather bizaare to have him go Lo'gash the Barbarian.
    Son is grown. And now when BL can destroy whole Azeroth i believe Stormwind need more warrior Varian than king Varian. Lo'Gosh was mostly in comics not in game. And this Shalamayne split have some reasons...

If the cinematic comes out and we don't see him die etc, then yeah the theory may hold some weight, but right now it's just speculation.
    BTW when blizzard will release cinematic? At pre patch?

Son is grown. And now when BL can destroy whole Azeroth i believe Stormwind need more warrior Varian than king Varian. Lo'Gosh was mostly in comics not in game. And this Shalamayne split have some reasons...

BTW when blizzard will release cinematic? At pre patch?
    It's possible, what I'm saying is don't inflate the likelihood of said speculation beyond what the evidence shows. So far there's no actual evidence of it. Him being able to swap the sword between dual wield and two hander isn't evidence that he's surviving. And we don't have the cinematic yet that actually shows his 'death.' I'm not saying the theory is wrong, we don't have enough info yet to disprove it. I'm saying it's not substantiated as of yet and won't be either way until we get the full story.

I don't know when we'll get the cinematics. It will either be at launch or shortly before launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fine to speculate, I'm not saying your theory is impossible, only that it has no evidence to assert that it's the truth or even likely. Sure, it's possible he survived. But making him go Logosh again wouldn't be a 'new' direction it would be regression. Varian put that life behind him when he realized he had a son and kingdom to take care of, and I think it would be rather bizaare to have him go Lo'gash the Barbarian. We'll have to wait and see, but so far there's no indication he survived. If the cinematic comes out and we don't see him die etc, then yeah the theory may hold some weight, but right now it's just speculation. And I'm not saying don't speculate, I'm saying don't act like said speculation has more weight behind it than it does.
    the simple fact that we get iconic weapons from all over but not Varian's, even though he's supposed to be dead, is proof enough to me that they will totaly make a Bolvar out of him.
    It's almost too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    the simple fact that we get iconic weapons from all over but not Varian's, even though he's supposed to be dead, is proof enough to me that they will totaly make a Bolvar out of him.
    It's almost too obvious.
    Very few of the artifacts are actually iconic weapons, the vast majority were made up for Legion. It's also possible blizzard has plans to give the weapons to an NPC. It's not 'proof' of anything.