People selling WoW tokens in trade chat, dafuq?

So yeah, title.
    How is that supposed to work? And isn't it against the EULA?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    define "sell" please. Perhaps they are just advertising the fact, that one can buy those tokens in the auction house. Perhaps some people haven´t... heard about that yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

There is no other way to trade the token other than via Auction House. Blizzard made it very strict so there can't be any ways to abuse it.

The one choice is you buy the token to sell it on the AH (you can't use that token, only sell it).
    The other choice is you buy the token from the AH and then you can ONLY use it (not resell it).

They give you the gold for it and you send them money.

Strange, there are literally two people in trade right now "WTS WoW Token for less than AH price". Level 100 characters as well - perhaps they've been hacked or something.

Deleted
    what people?

Deleted
    it was confusing for me too at first but then i figured it out:
    they are not selling wow tokens, instead they want to buy wow token for you (by giving gold to you not wow token) in another realm, and you give money to them in your main realm. it's sort of gold transfer between realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    they are not selling wow tokens, instead they want to buy wow token for you (by giving gold to you not wow token) in another realm, and you give money to them in your main realm. it's sort of gold transfer between realms.
    Usually at a better deal too, I got a friend who does it and he charges 5k less than AH price, then gives you the full amount of gold on another realm and you just buy it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are people that will lose their account and progression in the future, report ignore and don't bother.

Let me see if i understand this.
    You trade me X amount of gold on stormrage for my new toon. I then give you X amount of gold on whatever realm i mainly play on and you buy your wow token there? That way i have technically moved gold from one realm to another, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    So yeah, title.
    It doesn't work. It's a scam. Report the people doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    You trade me X amount of gold on stormrage for my new toon. I then give you X amount of gold on whatever realm i mainly play on and you buy your wow token there? That way i have technically moved gold from one realm to another, right?
    That means the token is just a medium since not everyone wants to start a new toon on that realm, right?

The ones who "sell" the token give you the amount of gold needed on a realm where they have it, but don't want it. You create a new toon there, get the gold from him and buy the token from the AH. Then you give him on your main realm the gold back, or maybe a little less than that.
    This way you would have the token - so nothing changed for you - and he has transfered gold to a realm where he want it.
    I can't see any problem with that. Assuming this is what he meant with it. The wording is a bit...strange

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    The ones who "sell" the token give you the amount of gold needed on a realm where they have it, but don't want it. You create a new toon there, get the gold from him and buy the token from the AH. Then you give him on your main realm the gold back, or maybe a little less than that.
    This way you would have the token - so nothing changed for you - and he has transfered gold to a realm where he want it.
    I can't see any problem with that. Assuming this is what he meant with it. The wording is a bit...strange
    Pretty much yes. Its legit gold transfer/wiring through servers. It happens almost since day one the token came out.

people are willing to trust strangers with 80k?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    It works like this:

You have gold on server x where you don't need it and want to transfer it to your server a.

You find someone who wants a token and take gold from that person on server a.
    Then said person creates an alt on server x and you trade the gold to that alt so he/she can buy the token on server x.

Usually you take less gold on server a to make the offer more attractive for the buyer.
    -> You get your gold transferred to the realm you need it and the buyer get a cheaper wow-token

Of course you can get scammed as you cant transfer the gold on both realms in one step.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    If this is the case, it's not against the rules. But it's also a completely unsupported transaction so Blizzard won't help you if things go south.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    So yeah, title.
    No, you cannot sell tokens directly. This is a scam.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..