Deleted

About the animation cancel

Is it just me, or isn't animation cancel actually bugging the ability?
    I see animation cancel like that, and there is now way i'm going to play demon hunter, if that's actually going to be required.

Yes - i like that there is some challenge, to playing the class at high end stuff, and yes - you can play it without and just chill when you're not doing high end stuff.
    But i just don't like that it is required, and i don't like that you have to bug the spell, it just doesn't make sense to me.

This is not a post about animation cancelling and going deep into it, i just wanted to hear people opinion, about if it is actually bugging the spell or not

Fel rush animation cancelling to me is fun, not looking forward to when it's removed.

I'd rather a glyph was added that you apply to Fel Rush that basically does the animation cancel if they were to "remove" the current way

Pretty sure it's not needed as much in raids where the boss hitbox is much larger.

As to if it's bugging a spell that's really debatable. Is cancelling eyebeam early bugging the spell then in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    Pretty sure it's not needed as much in raids where the boss hitbox is much larger.

As to if it's bugging a spell that's really debatable. Is cancelling eyebeam early bugging the spell then in that case?
    They are two FUNDAMENTALLY different concepts.

Animation cancelling is a form of exploit: you find a way to avoid an integral part of an ability in order to gain some unintended benefit. In the case of Fel Rush, you avoid the propulsion in order to stay put and get longer benefits from Momentum than intended.

Interrupting a channel is a playstyle choice: shadow priests interrupt Mind Flay to do other stuff, Warlocks to the same with Drains, and so on.

In the case of Eye Beam, i personally think its current implementation is bad design. It's a rather cool looking ability with a strong animation tied to it, they should make it so it's always worth finishing... I am not bothered by it because i still think its numbers will increase to make it so it's always worth casting it and completing it also ST, with or without Demonic.

Honestly animation canceling is a very lame and boring concept.

Not only is part of the animation completely useless, but it also makes combat appear very jerky and unpolished.

You say they're fundamentally different but you're still cancelling an ability early to reap greater benefit?

Not trying to start an argument just personally don't see cancelling a channel so as not to lose dps time (eyebeam) all that different to cancelling a non channelled animation for the same reason.

I suppose time will tell what Blizzard see it as though, they'll either leave it as is, or remove the ability to cancel it.

Deleted
    Ok back to topic again.

So Fel rush isn't ment to be cancled out atm - specially not when it's done by holding both strafe keys down at the same time, that to me, sounds 100% like a bug.
    That to me - is not debatable actually, and i don't like the concept what so ever.

However - if there was a glyph added or likely, that removes the animation, then it wouldn't be a bug anymore, and it would be okay. That would be how the spell worked then, but bugging as it is used now, must be a bug, and is not acceptable.

I just don't get all the changes they do to vengenance, and nothing to havoc. Specially when it's so important (for me) to fix that bug.
    Again - add a glyph and it's okay, it's not the effect of the animation cancel im annoyed by, it's the fact that it has to be bugged, and used like this.

About Eye beam.
    Eye beam is a channeling spell, all channeling spells are supposed to be able to be cancled, that's not any bug used here.
    It's the same with if it gets interrupted, it's supposed to be like that, and you're not doing any inputs that bugs out the spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazoon View Post
    Ok back to topic again.

So Fel rush isn't ment to be cancled out atm - specially not when it's done by holding both strafe keys down at the same time, that to me, sounds 100% like a bug.
    That to me - is not debatable actually, and i don't like the concept what so ever.

However - if there was a glyph added or likely, that removes the animation, then it wouldn't be a bug anymore, and it would be okay. That would be how the spell worked then, but bugging as it is used now, must be a bug, and is not acceptable.

I just don't get all the changes they do to vengenance, and nothing to havoc. Specially when it's so important (for me) to fix that bug.
    Again - add a glyph and it's okay, it's not the effect of the animation cancel im annoyed by, it's the fact that it has to be bugged, and used like this.

About Eye beam.
    Eye beam is a channeling spell, all channeling spells are supposed to be able to be cancled, that's not any bug used here.
    It's the same with if it gets interrupted, it's supposed to be like that, and you're not doing any inputs that bugs out the spell.
    How do you even bug Fel Rush? I don't get it.

I thought animation canceling besides eye beam was fixed?

*edit*

Oh wow, like was said if you are holding both strafe keys (a and d for me) and activate fel rush you just do it in place

15+ Year Old Account
    They should make Fel Rush rush toward your target if you have one like a charge or longer range Felblade, if you have no target then rush forward the 15-16 yards it currently does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by k0nker View Post
    They should make Fel Rush rush toward your target if you have one like a charge or longer range Felblade, if you have no target then rush forward the 15-16 yards it currently does.
    I actually like the way it is currently, it's different.
    I don't want another charge like anyone else has, i like the fact that you have to think about when to use it, instead of using it at the wrong times and actually making ur situation worse.

I just don't like that it's bug-able. :P

monk roll on live, both strafe keys held - you roll forwards
    monk roll on ptr, both strafe keys held - you roll in place

definitely weird and i'll report it as a bug, i'd just recommend everyone on beta reporting fel rush cheating as a bug too.

a not-difficult but not-obvious advantage like this is almost the same as the reasoning they gave for removing the max camera cvar - unfair advantage to those that know about it. but this has the added bonus that it is most likely an unintended thing and exploiting unintended behaviours is usually how world 1st guilds get their kill discounted.

whether you enjoy the "added challenge" (holding strafe keys together is really an added challenge and cool depth of play? hmm..) or not, i don't think you can say this was an intended feature. unless blizzard comes out and says "nah this is what we wanted to happen" i expect this to be fixed sometime.... hopefully before DH hits live lol.

out of interest, anyone got a mage on live to test - i think blink behaves similarly to roll? very possible it is just an unintended behaviour of movement skills that got missed somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    monk roll on live, both strafe keys held - you roll forwards
    monk roll on ptr, both strafe keys held - you roll in place
    Yes this happens, however people have been using jump + roll the entire expansion to cheese with abilities like Chi Torpedo and essentially do exactly the same thing as FR animation cancelling.
    You can't compare this to monk roll.