Seems like Prot can just macro Ignore Pain

Right? Is there any situation where you want to delay it?
    The way I see it, macro it so Shield Slam on day one, maybe edit macro on the next expansion after Legion.
    Another way to use up extra rage would be Focused Rage, but why would I ever want Shield Slam hitting harder, when I can get more survivability instead.

Seeing as never surrender is probably going to be one of the best survivabilty talents, (increased effect of ignore pain the lower your hp is) you don't want to be hitting IP at full health but you will want to hit shield slam, so no you should never macro IP to shield slam, what you should macro to shield slam is shield block, it gets more dmg while shield block is up, block is of GCD, so you macro block/slam, and then have slam by itself for procs while block is up esp if you have heavy repercussions.

If you are hard up for keybinds bind IP and Shield block macro to mouse button 1 and 2

Like Shenkz said, you don't want to macro it if you're using Never Surrender. Even if you weren't using NS, it would still be silly to macro it into anything because you need to have control over when you cast it due to the cap system on IP. Basically, it's possible to waste absorb from IP if the current cast's absorb is more than the cap set by the previously casted IP. In order to play around this properly, you'll have to use a WeakAura to track when it's "safe" to cast IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Another way to use up extra rage would be Focused Rage, but why would I ever want Shield Slam hitting harder, when I can get more survivability instead.
    In raids you will have downtime, and it would be pointless to waste rage on IP when you could be doing more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Right? Is there any situation where you want to delay it?
    The way I see it, macro it so Shield Slam on day one, maybe edit macro on the next expansion after Legion.
    I...I ...I don't even know how to respond to this... NO you DON'T want to macro IP into Shield Slam!!! Like seriously..

Quote Originally Posted by maverick1625 View Post
    I...I ...I don't even know how to respond to this... NO you DON'T want to macro IP into Shield Slam!!! Like seriously..
    But... but... I do!
    Thanks guys.

Deleted
    Meh it's probably an option if you want to sacrifice efficency and effectiveness in favor of ease-of-play, since the margin of defensive capabilties lost will likely not be too overwhelming. However, Prot rotation isn't quite that like evaluating integro-differential equations while playing a round of chess during a boxing match you participate in, so the gain of ease-of-play will be just as minor.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Meh it's probably an option if you want to sacrifice efficency and effectiveness in favor of ease-of-play, since the margin of defensive capabilties lost will likely not be too overwhelming. However, Prot rotation isn't quite that like evaluating integro-differential equations while playing a round of chess during a boxing match you participate in, so the gain of ease-of-play will be just as minor.
    Dont bother. OP came here to justify what he did, probably because someone told him it was wrong. He didn´t get reassurance but two very well written explainations why he shouldn´t do so. He then quoted the third post, which lacked a lot but had a mocking tone to it, to justify him continuing to macro IP to Shieldslam.

Just don´t bother. One less warrior tank you possibly have to compete with, when it comes to important content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Someone doesn't appearently know how tanking functions in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenkz View Post
    Seeing as never surrender is probably going to be one of the best survivabilty talents, (increased effect of ignore pain the lower your hp is) you don't want to be hitting IP at full health but you will want to hit shield slam, so no you should never macro IP to shield slam, what you should macro to shield slam is shield block, it gets more dmg while shield block is up, block is of GCD, so you macro block/slam, and then have slam by itself for procs while block is up esp if you have heavy repercussions.

If you are hard up for keybinds bind IP and Shield block macro to mouse button 1 and 2
    While I 100% agree that you do not want to macro IP to Shield Slam, I disagree about not using IP at full health. In the beta, I have preferred to put up IP as soon as I have the rage, then switch to SB until I see the absorb has been consumed. The reason is that I still get the full rage for damage absorbed whereas SB throttles my rage gen - however, leveraging SB to extend the life of my absorb lets me offset rfdt with self generated rage while still smoothing the experience for my healer.